Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah selections a bit too conservative. Not sure how MJ is a walk up and McAuliffe should definitely play after his game last week. We could use Judz run especially against a team like Sydney. Get the feeling they'll stick with Dow over Sonsie. For mine the forward line is way too slow and our mids and backs are gonna have a hard time containing the Swans runners. We need more runners not less. Yze needs to put his stamp on this team as it's looking same old same old.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
What do they see in Dow? Surely 3 poor games in a row is enough to indicate that he’s not at the required level for now.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
In: Maurice Rioli, Sam Naishmith, Nathan Broad, Tyler Sonsie, Tylar Young
Out: Judson Clarke (omitted), James Trezise (ankle)

Round 3, Richmond v Sydney, Sunday, March 31, 4.00pm AEDT, MCG (Swipe across on mobile)

BacksDylan Grimes2Nathan Broad35Nick Vlastuin1
Half-BacksJayden Short15Tom Brown30Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Shai Bolton29Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsNoah Balta21Dustin Martin4Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Jack Ross5Liam Baker7
Interchange from:Tyler Sonsie40Thomson Dow27Sam Banks41
Maurice Rioli10Mykelti Lefau42Sam Naismith24
Ben Miller46Tylar Young45
I would manage Grimes- despite him playing well last week.
Then from the bench- Sonsie, Banks, Miller, Young, Lefau and MRJr- with one of the last 2 sub.
Or play Grimes, move Short up the ground, and just play 1 of Lefau or MRJr as sub- the other plays VFL.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Disapounted that Jud dropped and no McAuliffe.

The only benefit of McAuliffe and Jud not playing is that at least they cant be scapegoated if we get mullered........................

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
What do they see in Dow? Surely 3 poor games in a row is enough to indicate that he’s not at the required level for now.
All I’m guessing is yze has backed the young blokes in and said I’ll give you a month no matter what and then we will take it from there.

Hopefully Mclovin gets the next month to show his wares.

Reactions: 2 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Disapounted that Jud dropped and no McAuliffe.

The only benefit of McAuliffe and Jud not playing is that at least they cant be scapegoated if we get mullered........................
Might have been a good chance for them to give Juddy a run. Stick him on Gulden as a learning experience, that's the player type we need him to be

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
All I’m guessing is yze has backed the young blokes in and said I’ll give you a month no matter what and then we will take it from there.

Hopefully Mclovin gets the next month to show his wares.
There was a young guy that got dropped (Clarke) why isn’t he getting the 4 games to show what he’s got ?
Some are gifted games whilst others get dropped it’s been happening for 4 years

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
So if Nank misses you are happy with Miller playing as our starting ruck?

I think perhaps you misunderstood my meaning. I don't want Nank and Naismith both in. If no Nank then sure Naismith comes in. With Nank in, id rather Miller for flexibility than another pure ruck in Naismith.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Don’t have a problem with Juddy being out, only because he played 19% of the game last week. Sure he was sub but what I mean is I think he’d be better served playing a full game in the VFL than part time in the seniors.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
There was a young guy that got dropped (Clarke) why isn’t he getting the 4 games to show what he’s got ?
Some are gifted games whilst others get dropped it’s been happening for 4 years
Have to agree there. Dow has been given a good go and shown nothing, MRJ gets picked and so far this season has shown nothing, Banks looks like a scared rabbit at times and hasn't exactly contributed but what do I know about team selection, I only barrack for the Tigers week in week out and get hacked off at those who don't turn up to play

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Well they have Miller who can play ruck, so no need to name both Miller and Naismith
Maybe Funky could play 5 to 7 minutes per qtr as back up ruck if needed. No way you'd have him as a full game first ruck. If the Nank has a niggle then the Crawdad would slot in as first ruck.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don’t have a problem with Juddy being out, only because he played 19% of the game last week. Sure he was sub but what I mean is I think he’d be better served playing a full game in the VFL than part time in the seniors.
Wasn't Clarkey actually the emergency who then got elevated to sub when Moju couldn't play due to a back niggle? Young fellas not actually getting dropped from the side because he wasn't really in the team in the first place.