Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes verses the Swannies - Easter Round

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I would drop KMac into defence & leave Young out . Kmac has been around the traps long enough to adjust to down back. Strong as an ox & good reader of the ball in flight.
They have amarty mclean and mcdonald

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Wheels he's got n knocked up racking up the possies in the magoos on the weekend. Unfortunately what he did with most of those possies was fairly bog ordinary to be polite. Horrible ball use.
Unfortunately this is Hugo. Can’t be a flip of a coin to know if it’s going to go to a teammate or the oppo (when in the clear).

Feb 25, 2007
Thought his disposal was OK.

I watched the game his disposal was fine. He was the 4th highest-rated player in the whole team. Only McAuliffe, Naismith and Sonsie rated higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Disappointing to hear about James sustaining a low grade syndesmosis strain.

Broad and Young back will be timely, as will some extra energy through the middle.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Hugo Ralphsmith (25 disposals, nine marks, four rebound-50s)

"He's in fantastic form, he's strung a great month together. He's using the ball really well and his run and carry off half0back is really eye catching. His defensive work has improved immensely also."

Sounds like a Banks replacement.

Reactions: 6 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

"He's in fantastic form, he's strung a great month together. He's using the ball really well and his run and carry off half0back is really eye catching. His defensive work has improved immensely also."

Liked his game on the weekend. Personally I wouldn't play him off a back flank, we need better kicks than him there. I would play him half forward asking him to push hard and apply pressure upfield then to run hard the other way when we counter.

Our forwards need to work harder to help the mids and wingers apply pressure upfield and to open up our fwd line, then to double back into an open fwd line when we win the ball back. I feel our fwd line is too static and congested with the likes of Mansell, Martin, Bolton etc not having the wheels to get up and down the field. It's why I'm advocating for the likes of DRioli, Coulthard, Cumbo and Ralph to play forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Flea74

Tiger Rookie
Aug 10, 2004
Horsham
i'll have a crack.
Into the starting 22: Broad, Naismith, McAuliffe, Clarke.
Outs: Trezise, Lefau, Dow, Banks....
Sub: MJ.
couldn't work out how to get Young into the back 7.
Think Nank resting up forward at least gives us another option who can attack the ball in the air. Which Lefau seemed to struggle with in game 1. Sydney have a few options as second ruck- so think Naismith will give better value off the bench which means Balta can spend more time forward with Lynch.
if no injuries; Sub out Naismith for MJ late in the third. Balta goes to second ruck to help Nank.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Grimes, Miller, Young
Short, Vlastuin, Brown
Pickett, Taranto, McIntosh
Campbell, Bolton, Mansell
Balta, Martin, Lynch
Nankervis, DRioli, Baker
Broad, Ross, Clarke, McAuliffe

Sub - Cumberland

Run, run, run!

Reactions: 1 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Been calling for hugo in to replace mcintosh banks or pickett he has something they dont. Upside!

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
Ralphsmith should get a call up this week.
Need bigger bodied players against Swans.
In Ralphsmith out Banks for mine.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

'Using the ball really well?'

Some serious spin from Morris there. But I understand he needs to pump up his players tyres.

Sounds like he's in the frame to be promoted. Let's hope he's as good as Morris claims.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
we should keep promoting players in the VFL who have great form, this message should be clear, so the younger players who work their butts off may get a game or two.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Watching the VFL I did think Hugo used the ball better. A couple of really nice kicks. And of course a few Hugo moments. Endeavour good.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
'Using the ball really well?'

Some serious spin from Morris there. But I understand he needs to pump up his players tyres.

Sounds like he's in the frame to be promoted. Let's hope he's as good as Morris claims.
Agree. Great month? Didn't see last game but previous games thought he was pretty average.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
In: Broad Young McAuliffe Sonsie Cumberland
Out: Trezise Dow Banks Lefau McIntosh

B: Miller Young Grimes
HB: Vlastuin Broad Brown
C: Short Ross DRioli
HF: Campbell Balta Baker
F: Martin Lynch Mansell
R: Nankervis Taranto Bolton
I: McAuliffe Cumberland Pickett Clarke S: Sonsie
Dont mind those changes. I would probably leave Rioli as part of the backline mix- we need a 7th option off the bench. Short has been rubbish this year, not sure wing is the best option for him but worth a go.