Changes vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs GWS

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Funny stuff.

Like for like Brodders, although one of them can hit a target.

Hard decisions coming up in any event. If you want to fit Jack and Caddy in hard decision will need to be made. Forward line was very quick yesterday. Maybe you cant have Jack, Lynch and Caddy down there. Do you drop Rioli? Might make you slower.

So if you want to play Eggy it really can only be for Houli or Short or Ellis.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hope the forecast rain fri/sat/sun eventuates - mostly want game day rain. Will not lose to giants in wet on g.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah hard decisions. Don't think Caddy comes back with Jack back. Will slow down our fwd line too much. Chol needs to stay imo can't have jack in the ruck after a pcl injury. Egg did enough to keep his spot. On recent form mcintosh ellis and rioli are vunerable but how will it impact on our structure. Baker should also be in the team. Interesting team selections coming up.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Whoever doesn’t play GWS is unlucky but maybe to keep Chol jack & lynch together, we have to chop soldo.

Or keep soldo and play Chol jack and lynch together. The MCG is big enough.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Mac was truly appalling. It would be a shame for egg to go before him.

No he wasn't the worst by a long shot.

He had 11 kicks 7 handballs and took 2 marks.

Compare that to our star Dusty.

He had 10 kicks and 9 handballs plus 1 mark.

Would you therefore think of dropping himas well??

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Is Mummy coming back? If not, who's their ruckman. It might be an opportunity to run Dawson Simpson around by tag teaming Chol and CuJo, with Soldo going out.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008

I think the first two kicks went out on the full? Then he fluffed a handball = turnover. It was like having 21 Ferraris and a Leyland P76 in the first half.

As for the Dusty comment, as he was in our best 2 for the last three weeks, he probably has some credits. Mac has not done well for 3-4 weeks.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If Rioli’s name was Baker he’d be dropped for.... Baker... or is that Rioli?

I'll get in before Fly's VFL report, 'Bake's played WAAAY!! above the level' :D .
Forecast wet conditions for Sunday only adds to his case for a recall.

But how do we fit him in?

Derek, (unlucky) will make way for JR8

A couple of weeks ago I would have said, out Graham and in Bakes's but Graham has his mojo back, something like 27 tackles in last 3 weeks and his two way running is back.
Kmac had a poor game but the MCG is the Colosseum and like it or not KMac is our gladiator.
Mrs Hardwick would divorce Dimma if he dropped Riloi again but I agree with FB's sentiments above.

Bottom line maybe there is only one change and Caddy misses out also.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wayne Campbell on SEN said it looks like Kelly has done his calf. Coniglio having a scan but should be okay.
Whitfield will be back.

Last edited:

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Im a baker fan and love his high disposal small forward roll, what keeps daniel in ahead would be the difference in pace and x factor.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Have to disagree. He was pretty close to our worst. 55% disposal efficiency (worst for the Tigers), 7 turnovers (most for the Tigers), 7 clangers (most for the Tigers). Pretty much fluffed everything, his disposals, his tackles. Seemed to be laughing about it a lot too. Maybe a nervous laugh. Has had a poor 3 or 4 weeks.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Have to disagree. He was pretty close to our worst. 55% disposal efficiency (worst for the Tigers), 7 turnovers (most for the Tigers), 7 clangers (most for the Tigers). Pretty much fluffed everything, his disposals, his tackles. Seemed to be laughing about it a lot too. Maybe a nervous laugh. Has had a poor 3 or 4 weeks.

OK Love Tiger, made some good points

Reactions: 1 user

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009

What’s the difference between a turnover and a Clanger?

J

Jumping Jack

I know he does a lot of defensive running and is important to structure... BUT, you can’t be a winger and average 14 disposals (of which they’re not damaging either).

I would push shorty up to his wing.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
What’s the difference between a turnover and a Clanger?

• Clanger: a blatant, unforced error. This can be conceding a free kick, or kicking or handpassing the ball directly to an opponent or dropping an uncontested mark.
  • Turnover: the loss of possession of the ball to the opposition.
There's some conjecture over the exact meaning but needless to say clangers and turnovers are not positives for a player.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
  • Clanger: a blatant, unforced error. This can be conceding a free kick, or kicking or handpassing the ball directly to an opponent or dropping an uncontested mark.
  • Turnover: the loss of possession of the ball to the opposition.
There's some conjecture over the exact meaning but needless to say clangers and turnovers are not positives for a player.
Fumbling the ball (& the ball consequently going to the opposition) should be included if it isn’t already

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Wayne Campbell on SEN said it looks like Kelly has done his calf. Coniglio having a scan but should be okay.
Whitfield will be back.

Its tempting fate to 'like' or celebrate opposition injury I reckon,

so nicely put caesar, and I agree