Chris Newman [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Newman [Merged]

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
How many losses will we need before the first call to replace Ahem with Newman appears?
To be honest, Yze being senior coach after a few days is feeling a bit stale. Time for a change.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
strange career move my newman

assistant to yze very similar to assistant to mitchell

seems a sideways step

i assume he has a better working relationship with yze than mitchell to make the move
Very similar to the move Yze made to Melbourne 3 years ago. In fact eerily similar

Reactions: 2 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
There’s no place like home.
Fresh challenge after being at dorkland for 8 years or thereabouts
And who the F wants to drive to Waverley Park for work when you can be at Iconic soon to be redeveloped Punt Rd.

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Excellent- just excellent

How often does a club get to recruit 2 out the final 4 candidates for the coaches role - will be 3 out of 4 if mini stays.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Smart move on a couple of levels for mine. Chris has been going ok as a VFL coach. Bringing him “home” will assuage the feelings to a lot of supporters of having an outsider in Yze come in as coach. Potentially a good launching pad for him for his crack at a senior coaching role.
I suspect that Chris joining us as an assistant coach was because he was told he is part of our future as a long term head coach

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I suspect that Chris joining us as an assistant coach was because he was told he is part of our future as a long term head coach
Highly doubt it , wouldn’t think the club would appoint a new head coach and inform the new assistant that the main job will be his down the track , can’t see that been a great team working environment, plus Ooooze is only in his forties , it’s not like his Mick Malthouse

Reactions: 9 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I reckon he was told that he needed to coach at another club to round out his resume. In 2 years time he will be the main contender for whatever job comes up.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good appointment, things are happening and the focus is on next year and the years following.

Time to get over the multiple premiership hangover and look for the next one.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Good appointment, things are happening and the focus is on next year and the years following.

Time to get over the multiple premiership hangover and look for the next one.

DS
Spot on D of the Triple S,

You get the feeling there was a little bit of bathwater drinking going on.
I think most players thought it would just involve a flick of the switch, to contend again.
They certainly seemed to play like that was the case.
It took 3 Years to realize the Dynasty was Done.
Should have arrived at this point much earlier.

Onwards and upwards.

Best part is 3 Years on there are still No challengers to our recent Dynasty.
None, Zero, Zippo, Zilch.

Load 'em up, Ouzo!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
This is quite a pleasant surprise. Didn't see it coming at all. It feels like a fresh start but not backwards.
I reckon he was told that he needed to coach at another club to round out his resume. In 2 years time he will be the main contender for whatever job comes up.
Good call. And we can offer the perfect opportunity. Perfect culture fit and upholds the Dimma legacy but with fresh modern ideas.

Hugely excited.