Chris Newman [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Newman [Merged]

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Says a lot about Chris Newman as a person and the way in which the RFC handled the search for a new coach, that a candidate who made the final 4 but missed out is still happy to come to the club as an assistant.

Probably doesn’t hurt that he used to captain the club and worked with Yze at Hawthorn but he still would have been disappointed to miss out.

Reactions: 16 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How many losses will we need before the first call to replace Ahem with Newman appears?

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Could not be happier.
He was one of my favourite players and captain.
Respected him for his work ethic and playing skill.
Know little of his coaching stints though, so that remains to be seen.

Reactions: 1 user

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
strange career move my newman

assistant to yze very similar to assistant to mitchell

seems a sideways step

i assume he has a better working relationship with yze than mitchell to make the move

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

seems a sideways step

i assume he has a better working relationship with yze than mitchell to make the move
There’s no place like home.
Fresh challenge after being at dorkland for 8 years or thereabouts

Reactions: 4 users

Breeza17

Tiger Cub
Nov 15, 2017

seems a sideways step

I think multi club coaching experience is looked upon very favourably to step up into a Senior coaching role. Newy is progressing his resume. It’s a smart move from an experience perspective.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bringing him “home” will assuage the feelings to a lot of supporters of having an outsider in Yze come in as coach.

assuage is an anagram of sausauge isnt it?

Spooky.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users