Chris Newman [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Newman [Merged]

Re: Newman

Tigers of Old said:
The thing about Newman is he is probably the best quality mid we have in that 23-28 yr old age bracket.

He's right now in his prime and if anything has some of his best football ahead of him.

He might be worth something but I doubt we'd let him go.

oldy , thats the best avatar ever to be used on pre. i am glad you brought him back

jb03 said:
It was his best game for the year. Has been towelled up by some opposition forwards this year but escapes scrutiny because he is one of the few Tiger players that looks composed when he has the ball (and has the skills to match).

His departure from the field on Saturday night was crucial in the outcome.
agreed

Tigers of Old said:
The thing about Newman is he is probably the best quality mid we have in that 23-28 yr old age bracket.

He's right now in his prime and if anything has some of his best football ahead of him.

gee he would demand a first round pick, wouldnt he?

LidsandBling said:
oldy , thats the best avatar ever to be used on pre. i am glad you brought him back

Cheers L&B. :)

I'm enjoying seeing Lids using his afterburners again, so I thought I'd dust Astro off.

He was awesome on Saturday night. :)

Just when we are putting together a rebounding defence which will allow Newman to go forward and use his footskills some want to trade him. Braindead suggsetion IMO.

Tigers of Old said:
LidsandBling said:

Cheers L&B. :)

I'm enjoying seeing Lids using his afterburners again, so I thought I'd dust Astro off.

He was awesome on Saturday night. :)

Agree Oldie - just like to see Tambling do the same now.

BTW Kent was a bit better than Jay at finding space in a Richo forward line. Maybe Jay should watch and learn what's required in that department as he has got Kent covered for marking and kicking.

Kent as forward coach in the future?

Gee, why would we actually trade one of our consistent players that plays their guts out for us week in, week out. Talk about ripping out the fabric of the team and the trust between club and player group.

Here's a novel idea - why not stick with what we've got, develop our young kids, recruit more talented kids, turnover the one's that aren't going to make it, and aim for long term success???

Tigerflag2008 said:
Gee, why would we actually trade one of our consistent players that plays their guts out for us week in, week out. Talk about ripping out the fabric of the team and the trust between club and player group.

Here's a novel idea - why not stick with what we've got, develop our young kids, recruit more talented kids, turnover the one's that aren't going to make it, and aim for long term success???
I'd be loathe to trade him too,unless the offer was innordinantly generous.

I think his best football is still ahead of him.

Tigerflag2008 said:

Very novel idea, but by golly it might just work.

Agree with the 90% effort comment, I suspect this might be a throwback to his early years when 90% effort was more than enough to get a game at Richmond.

What may also have helped increase his urgency is the emergence of several young players over the last couple of years in the Richmond defence. It's a different ball game now - a spot isn't always guaranteed. Great to see, Newman in full flight is a class act.

Tigers of Old said:

The very age of players we are seriously lacking. I agree he's gone up a level this year, would not be a good idea to trade him unless it was part of a deal for someone like a Judd. ;D

With a severely underperforming midfield at the moment apart of the extractor we could do worse that give Newman some midfield rotations as he is skillful and reasonably quick. We have been regularly getting killed at stoppages so lets try something new and give him a go. Has a pretty good footy brain on his shoulders and can use the ball well. What do we have to lose.

Your all on recreational party drugs.
He is solid and consistent and a better kick than Gilbee..(maybe a little far, but he is one of our best kicks).
Commentators always mention how good of a player Newmo is and he was selected for the Gay-lick footy!
Trade bait, NO WAY! Wallace should look to move him onto a wing or as an attacking Half Back Flank/wing..

Bengal said:
Your all on recreational party drugs.
He is solid and consistent and a better kick than Gilbee..(maybe a little far, but he is one of our best kicks).
Commentators always mention how good of a player Newmo is and he was selected for the Gay-lick footy!
Trade bait, NO WAY! Wallace should look to move him onto a wing or as an attacking Half Back Flank/wing..

Spot on Bengal - best kick at Richmond by a .................mile. Posters moan about skills and then want to trade the best kick. :spin just loopy!!

Not only is Newmo one of the Tigers better performed players this year, how inspirational was the chase and tackle he put on Winderlich?

CarnTheTiges said:
Not only is Newmo one of the Tigers better performed players this year, how inspirational was the chase and tackle he put on Winderlich?
Just like the one he did when he was playing for Australia against Ireland.

It's pretty funny some posters sense of worth.
Some want him traded for a speculative draft pick and others want him to be the next Captain.
I bet if you asked Wallace if we'd trade Chris, he'd just laugh at the suggestion.