Chris Scott..... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott.....

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
se7en said:
Just get the feeling that may be their last finals for a few years.

Definitely on the way out. Beat Demons twice by a total of 5 points this year. Were lucky to get in at all this year. Here are ages of some of their players at the start of next AFL season:

Ablett 34, Taylor 32, Selwood 30, Hawkins 30, Touhy, 29, Henderson 29, Smith 29, Dangerfield 29, Stanley 28, Blicavs 28. They have very little underneath. Unless they pull out a miracle, they're GONE.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Doll house is the right player to target as the cats are the slowest team in the league and apply minimal pressure in their forward line. Took scott a while to understand this.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
tigerlove said:
Definitely on the way out. Beat Demons twice by a total of 5 points this year. Were lucky to get in at all this year. Here are ages of some of their players at the start of next AFL season:

Ablett 34, Taylor 32, Selwood 30, Hawkins 30, Touhy, 29, Henderson 29, Smith 29, Dangerfield 29, Stanley 28, Blicavs 28. They have very little underneath. Unless they pull out a miracle, they're GONE.

With that age profile when the end comes its like being hit by Mack truck. North were similar a few years go, they turned mid season only losing one game, then it talk them over 20 games to recover

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This thread reminds me, has the desalination plant on the bass coast gone live yet.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The gutless jurno's refuse to go after him. Whateley opened his show with, 'I don't think the coach should be sacked' why not?

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
tigerlove said:

Tim Kelly about the only one of the younger brigade who looks a star. Although, he was a mature age recruit, so is a 24YO in his 1st season - not an 18yo. And when Geelong fall off a cliff and it becomes apparent that he's not going to play in a successful team, one could conceivably see him seeking a trade home to WA.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Panthera Tigris said:
Tim Kelly about the only one of the younger brigade who looks a star. Although, he was a mature age recruit, so is a 24YO in his 1st season - not an 18yo. And when Geelong fall off a cliff and it becomes apparent that he's not going to play in a successful team, one could conceivably see him seeking a trade home to WA.

There's already been a lot of talk in August about Kelly wanting to be traded. His partner just had twins this year and is a bit unsettled. Kelly has one more year of his contract so probably more chance than not he won't be at Geelong in 2020.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
year of the tiger said:
With that age profile when the end comes its like being hit by Mack truck. North were similar a few years go, they turned mid season only losing one game, then it talk them over 20 games to recover

IMO they will continue to drift and won't be open to bottoming out until its too late and they'll be down for a while then. The amount of games they play and win and ABCDEFG stadium is crazy.

This season the stats are below:

GMHBA - 9 games, 8 wins, 184%
MCG - 7 games, 2 wins, 93%
Other - 6 games, 3 wins, 122%

They only won 5 games out of their shitbox this season out of 13 games, awful record. They will continue this type of thing for probably the next 3 years where they will range from 7th-10th and then when Selwood, Hawkins and the rest all retire they will collapse. They have very little from their youngsters really coming through, theres some that will be good, but no-one better than that.

Its hiding their underlying performance IMO and will continue to do so which will impact them detrimentally long term.

2015 - 13 games outside of GMHBA for 6 wins and a draw
2016 - 14 for 10 wins
2017 - 15 for 9 wins and a draw
2018 - 13 for 5 wins

Worse than when they didn't qualify in finals in 2015 and recruited for Dangerfield.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
tigerlove said:
There's already been a lot of talk in August about Kelly wanting to be traded. His partner just had twins this year and is a bit unsettled. Kelly has one more year of his contract so probably more chance than not he won't be at Geelong in 2020.
I wonder if Gaff ends up at Geelong, Kelly at WCE? Because there had been a fair amount of chatter that Gaff may end up being traded back to Victoria following his suspension incident. Adding a bloke like Kelly to the WCE side would be a pretty lively get for them!

Just throwing around hypotheticals of course.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Trying to top up again with Dollhouse and Jack Steven lol.

They must be desperate as I heard them say they can't afford to bottom out. ;D

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
the only teams that can afford to bottom out are the ones already there

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Geelong are doing a review on game plan and drafting.
This could get good.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Also Costs said Ablett wasn’t a fail.
Successful recruit

Glad they got him cheap

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
se7en said:
Also Costs said Ablett wasn’t a fail.
Successful recruit

Glad they got him cheap

Successfully helped them to 8th spot after finishing 2nd the year before. Cats needed to look to build youngsters, not recruit selfish players living ont heir past glories. I used to love watching Ablett play, now the way he plays for himself it's just embarrassing.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Some valid points here and some dumb ones, we have played games at our HOME ground like forever, people need to realise this, and get over it. I repeat its not our fault we we hold on to a genuine home ground advantage.
Reason the cats are so crap is 5 things all as a result of one thing....THE COACH
1) Game plan sucks and is way past its useby date
2) Selfish players Danger Ablett Mezel Menegola ( to name a few)
3) The coach, the more time goes on the more he reminds me of a bitter twisted Malthouse. He thinks he is some football genius and some academic god.
4) denial
5) refusal to recruit OR train up a decent ruckman
6) Filling ass coaching roles with great ex players ( ala Corey enright), but not necessarily gunna make great coaches

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
His Geelong’s favourite son.
Left for more cash and came back when finished.
What’s not to love about the guy.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Some valid points here and some dumb ones, we have played games at our HOME ground like forever, people need to realise this, and get over it. I repeat its not our fault we we hold on to a genuine home ground advantage.

Teams with a genuine home ground advantage.............
WCE
Freo
Crows
Port
Tigers
Pies
Hawks
Demons
Cats
Swans
Giants
Lions
Suns

That's 13 teams and yet we get singled out for criticism.
Sh*ts me.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
poppa x said:
Teams with a genuine home ground advantage.............
WCE
Freo
Crows
Port
Tigers
Pies
Hawks
Demons
Cats
Swans
Giants
Lions
Suns

That's 13 teams and yet we get singled out for criticism.
Sh*ts me.

I think you can also argue that teams that have a home ground that is also the home ground of many other teams are less advantaged than those who have it to themselves or with just one other team. Cats one of the most favoured in the league yet they seem to whinge the most.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
tigerlove said:
I think you can also argue that teams that have a home ground that is also the home ground of many other teams are less advantaged than those who have it to themselves or with just one other team. Cats one of the most favoured in the league yet they seem to whinge the most.

Thats just wrong, come over to WA and hear the eagles or dockers whinge. PLUS other teams say collingwood carlton north footscray saints etc, made the decision to give up their home grounds ( heaven forbid the afl give em money to rebuild their stadium ). Dont see to many EPL teams give up their home ground.