Chris Scott..... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Scott.....

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
acatman1 said:
Thats just wrong, come over to WA and hear the eagles or dockers whinge. PLUS other teams say collingwood carlton north footscray saints etc, made the decision to give up their home grounds ( heaven forbid the afl give em money to rebuild their stadium ). Dont see to many EPL teams give up their home ground.

Sorry what is wrong?

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
I think you can also argue that teams that have a home ground that is also the home ground of many other teams are less advantaged than those who have it to themselves or with just one other team. Cats one of the most favoured in the league yet they seem to whinge the most.

This is wrong cats dont whinge the most ( try living interstate, then listen to the whingers)....and why didnt other teams KEEP their own home ground all those years ago??

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
acatman1 said:
This is wrong cats dont whinge the most ( try living interstate, then listen to the whingers)....and why didnt other teams KEEP their own home ground all those years ago??

I know plenty of Geelong supporters and they're forever whinging about not playing enough games at home. Who can forget last year them wanting to lock out 60,000 supporters for the sake of playing a home ground final. As for interstate teams complaining, they have no grounds to complain. They play more games at home against non-home teams than any of the MCG co-tenants. Why didn't teams keep their home grounds? Well that's obvious, basically the AFLs decision to streamline grounds for games. Really not a choice for clubs financially. I'm sure if clubs received money to develop their grounds for much larger crowds they would have loved to stay there. But that has nothing to do with what I was saying which is that teams with their own home ground or sharing with just one other have a bigger advantage during the season than those co-tenants of 5 or 6 teams. That's just mathematics.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
acatman1 said:
I think you can also argue that teams that have a home ground that is also the home ground of many other teams are less advantaged than those who have it to themselves or with just one other team. Cats one of the most favoured in the league yet they seem to whinge the most.

i dont think anyone should begrudge the cats a home ground advantage. where they might cost themselves is whether they base their game around winning at KP at the expense of being able to win at the MCG.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Quickdraw said:
Does Geelong get to train on Kadinia Park?

Yes has much as they want, there based their, public funds from all over Australia built that ground, now your first duty is to keep the public has number one by playing games where the paying public can get into, besides its a home state final, no rule says home ground.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Nomorewaiting said:
Just for those that want to ...

Here it is https://youtu.be/GilRM5E6L14 Rich vs Geelong Final 2017

You see Salty Cats in the last quarter arguing, Danger & Selwood having a shocking last quarter, Hawkins using his kneeing tactic into the back of Vlastin and giving the Cats an almighty touch up.

Enjoy.

I did.

And that brilliant football commentator calls someone who had perhaps the greatest season ever ... "Musten" !!!

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
TigerForce said:
Only if his dud team copied us and played like us. Don't give this sh!thead credit.

Exactly. His comments have the same weight as Denis Pagan's. Fraud.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
One thing Chris Scott could learn from last night is by having a look at Dimma Hardwick and seeing how a real man and a real leader reacts to losing.

Dimma showed enormous class in his press conference and by going into the Collingwood rooms. The message to our players and to the club is that we respect our opponents and we win and lose with dignity.

The complete opposite of Scott's reaction to losing

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Sintiger said:
One thing Chris Scott could learn from last night is by having a look at Dimma Hardwick and seeing how a real man and a real leader reacts to losing.

Dimma showed enormous class in his press conference and by going into the Collingwood rooms. The message to our players and to the club is that we respect our opponents and we win and lose with dignity.

The complete opposite of Scott's reaction to losing

Yep so proud to have Harwick as a coach. Must be so embarrassing for Geelong supporters to have Scott cr@p on the way he does all the time.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Some pearls from Chris Snott's presser....

"Was it deliberate? Of course it wasn't." What's he going to say? "We had a deliberate plan to take Prestia out and it worked.".

This is my favourite:
"I don't really believe in punitive actions almost full stop,"
Say what? Here's a bloke who's spent his entire working life at the top level of an elite sport saying he doesn't believe in punitive actions.
Any sport is all about punitive actions. You push a bloke in the back, you get a free kick against you - that's punitive. You put your front foot over the popping crease, it's a no ball - that's punitive.

Trying to sound all enlightened and intelligent ... but is really just a moron.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And he got his only Premiership as a coach because he inherited a brilliant side that more than likely had the match day coaching done by Sanderson.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

"Was it deliberate? Of course it wasn't." What's he going to say? "We had a deliberate plan to take Prestia out and it worked.".

This is my favourite:
Say what? Here's a bloke who's spent his entire working life at the top level of an elite sport saying he doesn't believe in punitive actions.
Any sport is all about punitive actions. You push a bloke in the back, you get a free kick against you - that's punitive. You put your front foot over the popping crease, it's a no ball - that's punitive.

The fakeness is clear as a blue sky.

Reactions: 2 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004

This is my favourite:

And proof that we live in his fat head rent free was when he compared the game to the 2020 GF. May it continue to eat him away inside. Flog!!

Reactions: 3 users