Chris Toce - National Recruiting Manager | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Toce - National Recruiting Manager

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Wonder what the hand over looks like?
Lots of I.P walking out the door. Hopefully some coming in but he’s probably got a bit of catching up to do as he’s been out of the system for 12 months from what I understand
He might have been out of the system but I would be staggered if he hasn’t done a heap of work on the upcoming draft.

Reactions: 2 users

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
Toce's recent record at the Saints is good.
It's a double positive / doubly pleasing given our joint needed a shakeup / new leader.
And Toce has been given a strong hand to launch in November.
Definitely a step in the right direction.
Pleased to have him at the helm.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
He might have been out of the system but I would be staggered if he hasn’t done a heap of work on the upcoming draft.
Very hard to do a heap of work when you have no official network and infrastructure. You can only go to so many games per weekend.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Very hard to do a heap of work when you have no official network and infrastructure. You can only go to so many games per weekend.
We are surely not naive to think he doesn’t have connections in the industry to obtain the necessary information he needs.

Plus Clarke left the club and not the entire recruiting department.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Slim pickings there
Our drafting since 2017 when Clarke took over. You'd give him Balta, Baker, Ross and Pickett as successes (ignoring Higgins although if h'e stayed he would be a success. Everyone else is a fail or a yet to be proven. Perhaps too much positivity is directed toward Clarke for our premierships when he didn't
Said this before, I'll say it again. It's not about who he took, but who he took that's failed and what else was available. I think that's a fair measure, for any recruiting officer/ manager.
A lot of those drafts pre 21 there was not much on offer for anyone except academy picks etc.
With that in mind, I reckon he probably gets a C+, but not an F. Of course if '21 tanks, his reputation will suck.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
We are surely not naive to think he doesn’t have connections in the industry to obtain the necessary information he needs.

Plus Clarke left the club and not the entire recruiting department.
Hope they confiscated Clarke’s laptop once he applied for the West Coast job.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Hope they confiscated Clarke’s laptop once he applied for the West Coast job.
Hang on, if Clarke I'd as bad as people saying, wouldn't we send it overnight courier gift wrapped?
"May all Your first rounders be as successful as ours, love, Zips"

Reactions: 2 users