Chris Toce - National Recruiting Manager | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Toce - National Recruiting Manager

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Shafted by SOS and Gubby Allen. These two donā€™t brook any pushback from anyone all the way up the CEO. They demand total subservience.
At a guess Toce pushed back, and that was it.

Add Ross Lyon to that. Any recruiter Ross Lyon hates for recruiting the wrong candidates after what he has recruited is fine with me. Plus he's fatter than me so that is worth something too šŸ˜

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Games played is a flawed/overrated metric IMO, albeit it's hard work finding other types.
agreed, every club has to have 22 players each week.

Maybe its the B&F - say number of top 5 and top 10 finishes.
For example Tylar Young finishing 14th in the JDM is a pass mark for a rookie. A first round pick needs to be top 10.
But maybe this just reinforces the games played metric.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Shafted by SOS and Gubby Allen. These two donā€™t brook any pushback from anyone all the way up the CEO. They demand total subservience.
At a guess Toce pushed back, and that was it.
I saw Allen Lyon & Silivagni at a restaurant in Brighton just before the start of the season.
And they thought there shiit dosent stink.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
agreed, every club has to have 22 players each week.

Maybe its the B&F - say number of top 5 and top 10 finishes.
For example Tylar Young finishing 14th in the JDM is a pass mark for a rookie. A first round pick needs to be top 10.
But maybe this just reinforces the games played metric.
As trade has become more prevalent games played should be a better proxy.

But you also have the reverse where our younger players werenā€™t getting games because they could push out our established premiership players.

Not sure what a better metric is but it still has the feel that it has to average out.

Ie if you took it to absurdity where your team size is 1 and you make 1ND pick and 1 rookie pick once every five years then On games playedā€¦. If you are nailing ND then your rookie selections suck. If you are nailing the rookie then your ND sucks

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Good timing for him, gets an opportunity to rebuild a list with some very likely high picks

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
How do you pronounce his surname, Toce (as in dose)? Tochay? Toccy? Tosay?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I saw Allen Lyon & Silivagni at a restaurant in Brighton just before the start of the season.
And they thought there shiit dosent stink.
You were in Brighton? You weren't planning a robbery at Bec Judd's house were you. Apparently she is worried about dodgy characters in her neighbourhood. Anyone in a Tigers outfit would qualify for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users