Clarko Gone !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarko Gone !!

Jeff Browne (aka Eddie McGuire's mouth piece) wil try Everything to get Clarkson at Collingwood..
Collingwood dont like Virgin outsiders

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Kennett, forever beating the drum for corporate governance:

1. Forces a succession plan;
2. Sacks a coach without a process;
3. Appoints a coach without a process;
4. Pays the sacked coach out fully.

Absolute moron.
Sounds like the public service.

The lack of respect for a 4 time premiership coach here is laughable
The Clarko story is a two part play. The first part is unmitigated success. The second, a story of list mismanagement.

But he is an icon of the sport, that’s unquestionably true.

Last edited:
Another strong article from Wilson, Mcclure and Niall with more detail of crisis meetings held during the week.

Of course, it's not journalism, it's just throwing darts in a dart board and making stuff up.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jeff Browne (aka Eddie McGuire's mouth piece) wil try Everything to get Clarkson at Collingwood..
Collingwood dont like Virgin outsiders
If Clarkson ends up at Collingwood then I won’t be surprised if it emerges that they engineered the whole thing by going after Mitchell.

If Clarkson ends up at Collingwood then I won’t be surprised if it emerges that they engineered the whole thing by going after Mitchell.
True. I blv some journalist wrote that a few weeks back.

Similar how North went after Buckley that spooked Collingwood.
Pies then did the succession plan and got Buckley back. But North didnt end up with Malthouse. Reckon Pies will get him though

Another strong article from Wilson, Mcclure and Niall with more detail of crisis meetings held during the week.

Of course, it's not journalism, it's just throwing darts in a dart board and making stuff up.

Tell me anything in that article that 80% of people with an interest in football wouldn’t be able to surmise as soon as they announced the “succession plan”? I mean a thread started here immediately it was announced saying it wouldn’t work? Sources say players said it impacted on their performance against Adelaide? Seriously? They are *smile*, a 19 point loss to Adelaide is a great result for them. Almost outperformed. Clarkson not coaching next year was as predictable as Winx winning. The hawks board didn’t want the cost of the payout. If he coaches next year that reduces their payout. Smart move really. Clarkson was done at the Hawks, he didn’t want to leave so they had to act. It could very well turn out to be the best decision they could have made. Clarkson gone with minimal financial damage. It’s clear he wants to continue coaching. If he coaches the Pies next year Kennett should be lauded as a guru.

If Clarkson does get contracted Hawks only have to pay any salary difference, so it's insurance for Clarkson more than anything.

Of course if he wants to screw them he can negotiate a backend loaded salary.
Not just screw them but as pointed out on Fox Footy last night, if he coaches another side for a dollar next year, Hawthorn pay him 900k and his new side has massive room in their soft cap for assistants, conditioning staff etc.

Four flags ensures that Clarko's legacy can't be denied.

His recent legacy might be thought of a bit differently though. Was getting rid of Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis the right decisions? His decisions.

They overrated their list bringing in the likes of O'Meara, Mitchell, Scully, Vickery and Patton to name a few. Who gets the game blame for those decisions.

There successes has meant they haven't had too many early draft picks available to them for quite a few years.

Sam Mitchell is going to need a few years to turn things around.

Niall and McLure are to Caro as Caracella and Leppitsch are to Hardwick (apparently)

Niall and McLure are to Caro as Caracella and Leppitsch are to Hardwick (apparently)

Yeah she does the gossip and innuendo, that do the actual reporting

Listened to the Real Footy podcast this week - Niall was adamant that Clarkson would stay given his impassioned speech referencing his brother and loyalty yada yada.