Clarko Gone !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clarko Gone !!

Another strong article from Wilson, Mcclure and Niall with more detail of crisis meetings held during the week.

Of course, it's not journalism, it's just throwing darts in a dart board and making stuff up.

Wow. So Clarkson might or might not coach next year.
She didn’t mention the “ cheese sandwich “ option. So there’s a 50/50 chance he will or won’t. :D
Either way, she’s got another “scoop”. Well done, I’m betting people are shocked by her revelation. No one would countenanced that happening.

Reactions: 1 users
She didn’t mention the “ cheese sandwich “ option. So there’s a 50/50 chance he will or won’t. :D
Either way, she’s got another “scoop”. Well done, I’m betting people are shocked by her revelation. No one would countenanced that happening.
Like weather casters predicting that there is a 50% chance of rain tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user

Nah it's about the detail of what happened during the week willo, sorry if you thought there was something else.

She really can't win - either she's a rumour monger who makes wild predictions, or when she has good reporting on the detail of what actually unfolded its "oh she hasn't predicted the future".

Nah it's about the detail of what happened during the week willo, sorry if you thought there was something else.

She really can't win - either she's a rumour monger who makes wild predictions, or when she has good reporting on the detail of what actually unfolded its "oh she hasn't predicted the future".
Seeing it was paywalled, I speculated the title was the article. ;)
Did she answer that though?

Probably it’s a bit of both.
One rubs off on the other. I believe most journo’s/opinionist/columnists/muckrakers often speculate and get some right and some wrong. None have a 100% strike rate.
Whether it’s to forecast an upcoming event, have an opinion on what or will possibly happen, or just guess. They all do it with some degree of success, some more than others.

Seeing it was paywalled, I speculated the title was the article. ;)
Did she answer that though?

Probably it’s a bit of both.
One rubs off on the other. I believe most journo’s/opinionist/columnists/muckrakers often speculate and get some right and some wrong. None have a 100% strike rate.
Whether it’s to forecast an upcoming event, have an opinion on what or will possibly happen, or just guess. They all do it with some degree of success, some more than others.

Fair points willo... you know you get 5 free Age articles per month?

Caro certainly doesn't get it right all the time, like you say no-one does. Anyway, I get why many don't like her.

Yeah she does the gossip and innuendo, that do the actual reporting

Listened to the Real Footy podcast this week - Niall was adamant that Clarkson would stay given his impassioned speech referencing his brother and loyalty yada yada.
So in other words he (and by extension Caro? ) had no inside info?

This smells like another hot headed Voss-like attempt........and failure.
At least with this one, Mitchell has actually had some assistant and VFL coaching experience leading in. While there's never any certainty regarding the capabilities of new coaches. I reckon Hawforn's biggest issue will revolve around allowing enough time to properly overhaul n rebuild the list without any expectations of getting back into finals for at least three years. On top of not much finals in recent years, I've got a feeling their pet memberships will drop dramatically, the fickle bastards.
They haven't had much in the way of premium young talent come in the door for a long time n desperately need a generation next built over a couple of drafts.

• Haha
So in other words he (and by extension Caro? ) had no inside info?

Niall has not talked about specific contacts inside the club that I've heard (or remember), Caro has. They work together, I'm not sure that they would share contacts or inside information directly, so not sure what you mean "by extension".

Anyway I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Caro MD.

If Clarkson goe to the Suns it has the AFL's grubby mits all over it.

Corrupt AF

Reactions: 2 users
After watching the first episode of Footy Classified all year I'm just about done with this corrput BS competition if some of the musings are on the mark.

Clarko called Kennett’s bluff. Well done Clarko.
How’s that? Kennett wanted him gone, didn’t want the payout. Now he could have him gone for very little $. Genius. The fluff about an undignified ending will dissipate and soon be forgotten.

How’s that? Kennett wanted him gone, didn’t want the payout. Now he could have him gone for very little $. Genius. The fluff about an undignified ending will dissipate and soon be forgotten.
A club should offer clarko $3 mill for 3 years with the final 2 years paid at $1.5 for each year. Then the Hawks are funding another clubs' coach for a year.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users