Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

I still don't get the Chol move. Has shown little until the start of the year where he showed something in pre season and also the VFL game prior to the Round 1 Carlton game. Got himself injured and out for the year. Now, after already losing some depth and being low on back up ruck options, we delist him. I would be happy to re-rookie him on a 1 year contract but we kept silent on that. No doubt we have historically moved blokes on too slowly but, on this occasion given the specimen, I think I need to see one more year to confirm either way.

Honestly, feels edgy. No of "list cloggers" feels like an all-time low.

Depth is an obvious issue and it certainly feels like we have salary cap issues.

You would also expect that we will be picking up players in this years draft with a low expectation of them "making it". Again indicates salary cap issues.

So definitely a leveraged position re our list.

Markov, Ellis, Menadue, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Bolton, Butler, Garthwaite & Moore are a further 10 ready (in most cases) to step up.

I'm not at all concerned about depth.

Harry said:
Hope we know what we're doing. Thats alot of depth gone.
I reckon what we have left in terms of depth is better than what we lost.

We will have Balta, Naish, Moore Menadue, Garthwaite, Markov, Bolton, CCJ, Baker, Miller and Egg.

With the development of the list there will be pressure on Castagna, Short, Ellis, Broad and Soldo to get a game and this is before this years draft, and Townsend if he doesn't find a home elsewhere.

When you look at Balta, CCJ, Naish and Miller they will have had two preseasons and a year developing in the two's come the start of next season.

Lets face it, Castagna, B.Ellis, Short and Broad are far better options than Miles, Lloyd, C.Ellis, Drummond and Chol.

lukeanddad said:
Markov, Ellis, Menadue, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Bolton, Butler, Garthwaite & Moore are a further 10 ready (in most cases) to step up.

All of them are better options than what we lost

BrisTiger24 said:
I still don't get the Chol move. Has shown little until the start of the year where he showed something in pre season and also the VFL game prior to the Round 1 Carlton game. Got himself injured and out for the year. Now, after already losing some depth and being low on back up ruck options, we delist him. I would be happy to re-rookie him on a 1 year contract but we kept silent on that. No doubt we have historically moved blokes on too slowly but, on this occasion given the specimen, I think I need to see one more year to confirm either way.
Balta, CCJ and Miller have simply moved past Chol, particularly Balta who is more versatile around the ground.

Inspector said:
Jarryd Lyons? Thought he was a good footballer surely we speak to him was ranked 3rd in clearances.
I would take him.

However there must be some underlying issues we are not aware of in public.

If we grab Lyons and he performs better than Miles for the Suns, that would be the trigger to wind that club up IMO

Smoking Aces said:
I would take him.

However there must be some underlying issues we are not aware of in public.

Yes but plenty of ex team mates the club could ask in terms of his traits/behaviours etc.
CaddyShack, The Human Meatball, or The Lynchpin (Happy B'day Tommy BTW)

lukeanddad said:

Yeah that's not a bad list. Makes me feel better.

It's a big clean out, our average age will drop as well. Really curious to see what the list looks like after both drafts.

Brisbane will be signing Lyons as a delisted free agent.

Wasn't in much doubt. All of Brisbane's players are lions.

Just saw Lyons' stats: averaged 24.6 disposals, 13.6 contested, 7.2 clearances, 5.4 tackles and 3.8 i50s.

They are seriously good numbers.

SCOOP said:
Yeah that's not a bad list. Makes me feel better.

It's a big clean out, our average age will drop as well. Really curious to see what the list looks like after both drafts.
Same here, it's almost like we are re-generating. We have the team atm just need to build the depth/future, IMO it's not a bad time to do it.

BrisTiger24 said:
Just saw Lyons' stats: averaged 24.6 disposals, 13.6 contested, 7.2 clearances, 5.4 tackles and 3.8 i50s.

They are seriously good numbers.
Strange that GCS take Cellis then delist Lyons. It’d be funny if Lyons ends up at Richmond.

The Club could do worse than check in with a former Suns captain to get the lowdown on JL.