Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

Mr Brightside said:
That’s a really interesting mix, lots of areas potentially covered for 10 years, a lot of talent and a lot of question marks.

Of the top of my head I wouldn’t think we have a lot of players in the 23-26 age bracket

18 - 21 we have 11
22 - 25 we have 12
26 - 29 we have 9
30 + we have 4

zippadeee said:
He was their number #1 at clearances and #1 contested possessions
People on Twitter are asking the same of GC. What the is going on?

Interesting that he didn't finish in the top ten in their B&F.

What I don't get is GCS delisted Lyons as another team could offer him more midfield time. With GCS's average midfield, how can the Lions offer him more than they could?

Surviving guys from the 2017 vfl GF are in bold

soldo (8) Menadue (33)
Moore (8) Markov (15) short (56)
Garthwaite (2) Bolton (9)

baker (3). Higgins (20)

Cj. (0)
Balta (0)
Miller. (0) Naish (0) DES. (0)

ahyeahnah said:
You know what's the most infuriating part of this purge?

The years of compromised drafts that seriously undemined our list build while they blew it out their lemonade and sars.

Mind you we have ended up with Meatball, Caddy and Lynch.

and a Premiership! :ner

Like a mini rebuild but we have actually strengthened our best 22. Does anyone know exactly how many spots we have to fill on the list via the draft & any potential dfa's ?

French Tiger said:
Like a mini rebuild but we have actually strengthened our best 22. Does anyone know exactly how many spots we have to fill on the list via the draft & any potential dfa's ?

Main list presently is 34- Minimum 38 & max 40 so between 4 & 6 draftees / DFAs

Cat A Rookie List presently 1 - Can be between 4 & 6 dependent on main list

Cat B Rookie List presently 1 - Maximum 3

Maximum all up 47

2018 we had 40 , 4 & 1

taztiger4 said:
Main list presently is 34- Minimum 38 & max 40 so between 4 & draftees / DFAs

Cat A Rookie List presently 1 - Can be between 4 & 6 dependent on main list

Cat B Rookie List presently 1 - Maximum 3

Maximum all up 47

2018 we had 40 , 4 & 1

Nice work mate !

So looks like about 9 new players to come in one way or another

We might go 38 on snr list this yr unless something is available late in the Draft that is too good to pass up for a late pick.

taztiger4 said:
Blair Hartley on Talking Tigers just confirmed we will most likely only take 4 in ND so 38 only on main list
Irrelevant seeing as rookies no longer need to wait for a long term injury or retirement to be elevated onto the main list. 40 n 4 or 38 n 6 it's exactly the same re player availability, but I think with the rookies they can be one year contracts instead of two.

We dont have a pot to *smile* in by the looks of it salary cap wise now.

Dusty and Tommy took the last cookies outta the jar.

Going cut price on players to fit within the cap.

They'd want to win another premiership with this type of list strategy, because if they put all the eggs in one basket and we come up short, we'll have cost ourselves a future. Look at Sydney with Buddy and Tippett.....

The_General said:
They'd want to win another premiership with this type of list strategy, because if they put all the eggs in one basket and we come up short, we'll have cost ourselves a future. Look at Sydney with Buddy and Tippett.....

It will make no real difference- 38 on the main list and 6 rookied is still 44 players available for selection from day 1.

Fitting in Lynch has cost us a number of fringe players, Conca being the biggest loss. We will still take our 4 or 5 juniors and the rest will be State League guys who will get an opportunity that they will consider to be priceless.

I’m just grateful that we are steering away from Menzel, Sheridan etc types. Luckily, we don’t have the salary cap space.