Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

Lloyd and Townser are the only 2 that may have offered bit parts going forward.

The delistings/ trades/retirements i am very comfortable with.

Club is bringing in a stack of lesser paid kids to balance the books, had to be done for both financial reasons with the cap and for list development going forward thanks to the load of busts we've unfortunately suffered with high end draftees.

craig said:
Lloyd and Townser are the only 2 that may have offered bit parts going forward.
Lloyd must then have a very covert agenda.

Jarryd Lyons 26 year old midfielder.
Faster version of miles.
I would use a late pick on him. Can't get enough of midfielders, especially ones that get heaps of the ball. Averaged 24 possessions for a *smile* side like GC

zippadeee said:
Faster version of miles.
I would use a late pick on him. Can't get enough of midfielders, especially ones that get heaps of the ball. Averaged 24 possessions for a sh!t side like GC

Going to Brisbane

zippadeee said:
Faster version of miles.
I would use a late pick on him. Can't get enough of midfielders, especially ones that get heaps of the ball. Averaged 24 possessions for a sh!t side like GC

We don't need to use any pick on him. We can pick him up as a DFA if he agrees to come and we can fit his salary demands under our cap.

BrisTiger24 said:
Just saw Lyons' stats: averaged 24.6 disposals, 13.6 contested, 7.2 clearances, 5.4 tackles and 3.8 i50s.

They are seriously good numbers.

Would like to be a fly on the wall up at the Suns. Something really stinks in that place. Cleaning the joint out.

BrisTiger24 said:
We don't need to use any pick on him. We can pick him up as a DFA if he agrees to come and we can fit his salary demands under our cap.

Just checked had another year to go with GC, they agreed to part ways. Brisbane is going to pick him for another 3 years. Apparently his brother plays for Brisbane

Tigers of Old said:
Would like to be a fly on the wall up at the Suns. Something really stinks in that place. Cleaning the joint out.

He was their number #1 at clearances and #1 contested possessions
People on Twitter are asking the same of GC. What the *smile* is going on?

Tigers of Old said:

Starting again and clearing out the old core by the looks of it.

Gazza, Bennell, Dixon, Matera, Lynch, May, Prestia, Caddy, Kolodasnij, O Meara, McKenzie, Lyons, Smith, Scrimshaw and Matt Shaw thats a fair few out the door.

craig said:

Gazza, Bennell, Dixon, Matera, Lynch, May, Prestia, Caddy, Kolodasnij, O Meara, McKenzie, Lyons, Smith, Scrimshaw thats a fair few out the door.

You forgot Mat Shaw! :hihi

craig said:

Gazza, Bennell, Dixon, Matera, Lynch, May, Prestia, Caddy, Kolodasnij, O Meara, McKenzie, Lyons, Smith, Scrimshaw and Matt Shaw thats a fair few out the door.
You know what's the most infuriating part of this purge?

The years of compromised drafts that seriously undemined our list build while they blew it out their lemonade and sars.

Mind you we have ended up with Meatball, Caddy and Lynch.

ahyeahnah said:
You know what's the most infuriating part of this purge?

The years of compromised drafts that seriously undemined our list build while they blew it out their lemonade and sars.

Mind you we have ended up with Meatball, Caddy and Lynch.

The GC are our Academy

lukeanddad said:
Markov, Ellis, Menadue, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Bolton, Butler, Garthwaite & Moore are a further 10 ready (in most cases) to step up.

I'm not at all concerned about depth.

At the moment
Switch lynch for Towner in the 22

Leftovers are

soldo (8) Menadue (33) Higgins (20)
Moore (8) Markov (15) short (56)
Garthwaite (2) baker (3)
Bolton (9)
Cj. (0)
Balta (0)
Miller. (0) Naish (0) DES. (0)

Ethan Hughes delisted from freo, not a bad option for speed/run out of defence for nothing as a rookie

DirtyDogTiger said:
At the moment
Switch lynch for Towner in the 22

Leftovers are

soldo (8) Menadue (33) Higgins (20)
Moore (8) Markov (15) short (56)
Garthwaite (2) baker (3)
Bolton (9)
Cj. (0)
Balta (0)
Miller. (0) Naish (0) DES. (0)
That’s a really interesting mix, lots of areas potentially covered for 10 years, a lot of talent and a lot of question marks.

Of the top of my head I wouldn’t think we have a lot of players in the 23-26 age bracket