Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Anyone up for a conspiracy?

In case you're wondering why Trump constantly peddles hydroxychloroquine, he's had ties with the company Novartis that produces it. Staggering stuff and has been in public view for months.

Trump and Novartis

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Anyone up for a conspiracy?

In case you're wondering why Trump constantly peddles hydroxychloroquine, he's had ties with the company Novartis that produces it. Staggering stuff and has been in public view for months.

Trump and Novartis

hydroxychloroquine is a generic drug. Any Tom, *smile* Or Harry Pharma company can produce it. It will also kill you if you take too much of it.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

So the solution is to stop interfering and see what happens?

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Not watching the news but listening to it in the background when I heard a headline that a ‘A Tiger catches Coronavirus’ and I dropped everything to watch it.. my wife laughed when it was an actual animal and saw my colour return

BTW poor animal it is on the mend... does anyone else think the virus can be transmitted to sealife hence banning fishing which is one of the most solitary activities known to man?

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
There's some anecdotal evidence to say it has positive effects in some cases, without being the answer.

Hydroxychloroquine rated 'most effective therapy' by doctors for coronavirus
Trump is such a polarising character. He won't wear a mask against cdc guidelines but he's advocating for a mostly untested drug. Coincidentally his lawyer at the time had been implicated for taking 1.2M from one of the makers of the said drug to "lobby" for the company. Is Trump going to profit from flogging this drug? The WH just took possession of 30M doses from said company. To me Trump is in it up to his nuts. He's in their so deep with various business interests and the like you can't tell what is US or Trump best interest.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Trump is such a polarising character. He won't wear a mask against cdc guidelines but he's advocating for a mostly untested drug. Coincidentally his lawyer at the time had been implicated for taking 1.2M from one of the makers of the said drug to "lobby" for the company. Is Trump going to profit from flogging this drug? The WH just took possession of 30M doses from said company. To me Trump is in it up to his nuts. He's in their so deep with various business interests and the like you can't tell what is US or Trump best interest.

Fair enough, it's a reasonable question to ask. Obviously it wouldn't be ethical for the POTUS to have such a conflict of interest.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I've said it before Trump is dangerous. Why the heck does he keep pushing an untested drug as the answer? What's his invested interest?

Dr Fauchi has discredited it previously & Trump wouldn't let him repeat it today by cutting him off. What's his stake in Hydroxychloroquine?
I'm with you pal. He's a dodgy f*cker. He's got some association with one of the makers Novartis/Sandoz. From that to his son in laws brother's company building the COVID web site. I can't wrap my head around how he can still be there. Whoever is pulling his strings has it all worked out. Whatever kompromat he has on the republican party must be significant.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm with you pal. He's a dodgy f*cker. He's got some association with one of the makers Novartis/Sandoz. From that to his son in laws brother's company building the COVID web site. I can't wrap my head around how he can still be there. Whoever is pulling his strings has it all worked out. Whatever kompromat he has on the republican party must be significant.

Yep make your own mind up..

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Novel, isn’t it?

The reason he can write it and you advocate it is because he/you know it can't happen. Easy to offer solutions that cannot possibly be implemented. And pointless. Give us something practical.

You advocated no change, how are the states going with their late intervention? Are you suggesting they would be better off if they had not intervened? Are you willing to offer your life, your parents, childrens life etc?

If someone could prove you infected them should they be able to sue you for infringing their property rights? Should you be charged with manslaughter?

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I've said it before Trump is dangerous. Why the heck does he keep pushing an untested drug as the answer? What's his invested interest?

Dr Fauchi has discredited it previously & Trump wouldn't let him repeat it today by cutting him off. What's his stake in Hydroxychloroquine?
Wow. A guy with zero medical credibility pushing drugs with no proven clinical trials.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Check this interview out with Trump's Trade and Economic advisor Peter Navarro, he is at odds with Dr Fauci.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

Maybe not kompromat. He has simply paved the way for the GOP to continue its assault on the judiciary which gets them control of one of the "checks and balances" with lifetime appointments all across the system including the SCOTUS. He could just be a noisy stool pigeon. They have control of the Senate and the Executive. That's the whole box and dice just about. It took the Dems a massive effort to get back the House which is the bulwark against them. They have used that control to mess with religious freedoms and abortion law and gerrymandering already. They hit the jackpot with Trump. A stool pigeon would have been great, they got one that tweets and runs rallies and has let the bureaucracy fall into disrepair by failing to appoint department heads and secretaries while giving jobs to dangerously unqualified donors. He's a perfect distraction, and the whole time they are stripmining the foundations of the republic.

Reactions: 1 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
The reason he can write it and you advocate it is because he/you know it can't happen. Easy to offer solutions that cannot possibly be implemented. And pointless. Give us something practical.

You advocated no change, how are the states going with their late intervention? Are you suggesting they would be better off if they had not intervened? Are you willing to offer your life, your parents, childrens life etc?

If someone could prove you infected them should they be able to sue you for infringing their property rights? Should you be charged with manslaughter?
The reason is because we believe it and because we are still allowed to say as much. Whether it is easy or not is irrelevant to whether it is true or not. Only pointless to those that are convinced of the merits of interventionism.

All you are looking at is one facet of everything that’s going on in society (under a short term lens) and you’re doing it based on piecemeal data.You are not thinking about the jobs lost, the suicides, the likely domestic violence increases, the mental health damage, etc. but these are all utilitarian measures. The immortality of being forced to live under house arrest, the damage to liberty and the right to choose what’s best for you and your family is the more compelling argument to me. I thought it was fairly clear I’m saying we’d be better off without the government’s intervention. Willing to offer my life? Do you mean risk my life? I take precautions I’m comfortable with the risk. Just like when I get on the road. Thousands die on the road yet we don’t ban driving cars (yet) because some people might be dangerous drivers.

Yes someone could sue if they could prove that someone infected them and they purposely did it. An assault charge could be laid I think but manslaughter would be difficult to prove. I’m not a legal expert though.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Case count excluding China (updated 11:30pm)

1,281,383 cases
73,042 deaths (5.70%)
47,491 severe (4%)
944,168 mild (74%)
216,672 recovered (17%)

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Boris PM UK condition has worsened and in ICU.

Believe his pregnant wife is diagnosed with it.

Ramifications are immense!

• Sad