Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Boris PM UK condition has worsened and in ICU.

Believe his pregnant wife is diagnosed with it.

Ramifications are immense!

As much as I hate to see anyone get it, BoJo really went out of his way to get it. Said himself he was shaking hands with everyone, including covid-19 patients. Idiot.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Is that an argument?
Generally when someone is an ef'wit their opinions aren't given much weight.

I think you're concerns around the loss of freedom and the increased state surveillance that has or may result, and the concern about the economic and social suffering being experienced, are valid. Unfortunately your inability to come to any middle ground, or even admit any level of government intervention is needed, leads to your views being outright dismissed.

Reactions: 5 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Is that an argument?
For most people it is far easier to buy into the fear narrative being driven by mainstream media than investigate further and recognise the far reaching impact this will have in all aspects of our lives. More and more people are are starting to piece the puzzle together. Another segment is vocalised in this video.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Generally when someone is an ef'wit their opinions aren't given much weight.

I think you're concerns around the loss of freedom and the increased state surveillance that has or may result, and the concern about the economic and social suffering being experienced, are valid. Unfortunately your inability to come to any middle ground, or even admit any level of government intervention is needed, leads to your views being outright dismissed.
Dismissing someone as an ef'wit is irrelevant ad hominem. Are their claims right or wrong is all that matters.

The moment I come to a middle ground is the moment my arguments become invalid.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Boris PM UK condition has worsened and in ICU.

Believe his pregnant wife is diagnosed with it.

Ramifications are immense!

Feel terrible for Boris & his family as would for anyone who's suffering from this disease.
Really is a victim, like many others in the UK, of horrifically bad medical advice re the 'herd immunity' strategy.
Those 'take it on the chin' & 'shaking hands with everybody' videos have not aged well.
I really hope the poor man pulls through.

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Feel terrible for Boris & his family as would for anyone who's suffering from this disease.
Really is a victim, like many others in the UK, of horrifically bad medical advice re the 'herd immunity' strategy.
Those 'take it on the chin' & 'shaking hands with everybody' videos have not aged well.
I really hope the poor man pulls through.

A lot of people are holding their breath here.

Sad indeed.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Dismissing someone as an ef'wit is irrelevant ad hominem. Are their claims right or wrong is all that matters.

The moment I come to a middle ground is the moment my arguments become invalid.

How can the claims be proven right or wrong when they are an opinion or prediction?

Perhaps we may have some comparable strategies with Sweden taking a less interventionalist approach. But then again so did the US.

What measures are you using to determine which strategy is the right one?

And given their is nowhere on the planet where your preferred system/society exists how are we ever to know if your desired approach is "right"? Would the fact that your preferred system/society does not exist suggest anything ie if it was such a great system it would actually have been implemented?

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
For most people it is far easier to buy into the fear narrative being driven by mainstream media than investigate further and recognise the far reaching impact this will have in all aspects of our lives. More and more people are are starting to piece the puzzle together. Another segment is vocalised in this video.

Surely you don't take that seriously? Too much Dan Brown methinks.

Reactions: 1 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
How can the claims be proven right or wrong when they are an opinion or prediction?

Perhaps we may have some comparable strategies with Sweden taking a less interventionalist approach. But then again so did the US.

What measures are you using to determine which strategy is the right one?

And given their is nowhere on the planet where your preferred system/society exists how are we ever to know if your desired approach is "right"? Would the fact that your preferred system/society does not exist suggest anything ie if it was such a great system it would actually have been implemented?
He made several claims in the interview. The norms he proposed based on those claims are his opinion but you can test whether they remain logical.

The right approach is the ethical approach. Banning people from acting in non violent ways is utterly immoral. Utilitarian methods are interesting but they fail to live up to the ethos, “the ends don’t justify the means” and they are too easy to manipulate to justify all sorts of immoral acts.

Your last argument would have been asked by slave owners in antiquity.

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Surely you don't take that seriously? Too much Dan Brown methinks.
There is a multitude of information out there that does not correlate with the current extreme measures that we find ourselves having to exist in within iAustralia and around the world. A difference of opinion does not make one right and the other wrong - just simply different. This is the same regardless of industry including the medical and scientific fields. When an overflow of information is filling our TV screens, radio, and social media feeds, it is often overwhelming especially when so much of it is designed to promote fear and paranoia under the guise of caring for the well-being of our loved ones. Seeking truth amidst the masses calls for us to listen/read/watch with a level of discernment most of us have forgotten we ever had the ability to access. Blindly believing and living in fear is not the path I have any intention of following. Others will need to choose their own path.