Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Apologies if you forgot to add the sarcasm emoji:sarcasm Brodders;)

"Both Professor Sutton and Chief Commissioner Patton said on Thursday that they played no role in the snap decision in May to draft in three private security firms to guard the hotels housing the returned travellers."

This is even more galling, to not get involved in the quarantining protocols etc. Surely he would want to have been all over it, being an expert and all?

He was probably busy following Annaliese offensive names twitter.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm not saying he was googling security firms. But to say he has no responsibility for the cluster *smile* that is quarantining is ridiculous.

He is the CHO for the state. He is a virus & public health expert. We were reminded of that on this thread. We are in the biggest public health crisis in our history. It has brought the country to a standstill. He is on the news every day giving updates. We have various programs running (restrictions/testing/quarantine etc) I assume under his leadership. As part of his updates he explained clearly and often how dangerous golfing & fishing were. We wee constantly reminded how selfish we were for wanting to participate He was all over that. Perhaps he should have been a little more concerned about managing those people who actually had the virus.
I’m not going to argue with you MDJ because I actually work around this space.
None of the delivery of the hotel quarantine services in this state are under his actual day to day leadership.
CHOs are public health advisers, they don’t run any delivery at all.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The Premier and the Health Minister are the people who should wear this. Full stop.
They are certainly ultimately responsible but I’d be willing to put a lot of money on the fact they won’t be the ones who will get blamed. Somebody or some other group of people will get sacked for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They are certainly ultimately responsible but I’d be willing to put a lot of money on the fact they won’t be the ones who will get blamed. Somebody or some other group of people will get sacked for it.
I agree. What should happen and what will happen are most likely two different events.

Dan has quite a bit of teflon about him.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
i really dont think Andrews and the state government have made any mistakes.

Morrison on the other hand is *smile* hopeless. He is praising the vic government response. He clearly has no idea.
:rotfl2

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I agree. What should happen and what will happen are most likely two different events.

Dan has quite a bit of teflon about him.
I have a lot of sympathy for mistakes that were made at the beginning Ridley because this stuff was done really fast. What I don’t have sympathy for is not changing it when it clearly wasn’t working well and that was clear quite a while ago.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I have a lot of sympathy for mistakes that were made at the beginning Ridley because this stuff was done really fast. What I don’t have sympathy for is not changing it when it clearly wasn’t working well and that was clear quite a while ago.
I agree to an extent Sin. I am on record as saying that the initial response from both state and federal governments was very good under the circumstances.

I have no sympathy for them on the hotel quarantine fiasco. This is a *smile* up of monumental proportions and is absolutely amateurish the way it has played out. Victoria is the only state that has messed this up; badly. It has set us back at least a couple of months in our recovery compared to the rest of Australia.

Reactions: 3 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I agree to an extent Sin. I am on record as saying that the initial response from both state and federal governments was very good under the circumstances.

I have no sympathy for them on the hotel quarantine fiasco. This is a *smile* up of monumental proportions and is absolutely amateurish the way it has played out. Victoria is the only state that has messed this up; badly. It has set us back at least a couple of months in our recovery compared to the rest of Australia.
Victoria might have screwed this up in a big way but the other states could well have gone the same way. In Perth the hotel quarantine is under the supervision of private security and there's been instances of people using hotel fire escapes to see the girlfriend, score drugs, do a Maccas run. Only pure luck that it hasn't resulted in infections. One of Victoria's problems may well be the number of people they are trying to supervise in hotel quarantine as compared to say WA or QLD.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Victoria might have screwed this up in a big way but the other states could well have gone the same way. In Perth the hotel quarantine is under the supervision of private security and there's been instances of people using hotel fire escapes to see the girlfriend, score drugs, do a Maccas run. Only pure luck that it hasn't resulted in infections. One of Victoria's problems may well be the number of people they are trying to supervise in hotel quarantine as compared to say WA or QLD.
So it was just luck? No incompetent management at all? Not buying that for a second.

NSW would have had more people in hotel quarantine than Victoria but they haven’t had an issue. Although the did have Ruby Princess.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
NSW Supreme Court has given the OK for a BLM protest to be held in Newcastle on the weekend in spite of a public health order restricting gatherings to 20 people, overruling NSW Police who contended that it could spread coronavirus.

Tip out all the judges and start again.

• Angry

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
NSW Supreme Court has given the OK for a BLM protest to be held in Newcastle on the weekend in spite of a public health order restricting gatherings to 20 people, overruling NSW Police who contended that it could spread coronavirus.

Tip out all the judges and start again.

Given the almost complete lack of virus transfer from the previous protests, a good decision by the right honourable judges.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Given the almost complete lack of virus transfer from the previous protests, a good decision by the right honourable judges.

Even if true, it begs the question as to why the rest of us face restrictions at all when special interest groups are given permission to flout them.

It was insane the first time around, and it's still insane.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Even if true, it begs the question as to why the rest of us face restrictions at all when special interest groups are given permission to flout them.

It was insane the first time around, and it's still insane.

Heard the shopping centres are going fully sick with people not wearing masks and not social distancing- 40,000 in and out of Chaddy every day. Protests are outside, they wear masks and social distance.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Is that right though? America spiking through the roof - what is/are the cause (s) of that?

Total lack of a national strategy, red states pretending the virus doesn't exist and reopening too early, and Trump and his crony governers politicising the use of masks. The spikes are not happening around the protest hot zones, much to the chagrin of HR.

Texas, Florida, Arizona and California are locking down again but its too little too late. Florida's redneck governor has finally conceded that masks are a good idea.

It's out in the general population now and 40000 cases per day could become 100,000.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
You are right, I'm doing "what-aboutery". Nevertheless, far more dangerous activities than a mask wearing, social distanced protest and the stats back that up.
Stats dont back it up.
If the virus is there it will be spread. If it is not there..... you get it surely.
Your stubborness for the protest is blinding you to the poor behaviour of mass gatherings in this pandemic.
The excuses are not acceptable.
Its the behaviour that is dangerous not the ideal.