Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Danish newspaper refuses to apologise to China over coronavirus cartoon

EPXdS9mUEAATiNC

Any comment on this, @23.21.159 ?
Aussies used to be bloody good at humour like this. These days everyone just gets all constipated n starts ANALysing *smile* to the smallest microbe.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Aussies used to be bloody good at humour like this. These days everyone just gets all constipated n starts ANALysing **** to the smallest microbe.
While people of Asian descent get told to go back China by dickheads in the street, but its all good fun, eh?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Aussies used to be bloody good at humour like this. These days everyone just gets all constipated n starts ANALysing **** to the smallest microbe.
We're not not allowed to do stuff all anymore. Once upon a time a bloke could let rip with a wolf whistle, and on most occasions the fair maiden wore it as a badge of honour.
I don't know what our World War 1and 2 diggers would think about this loss of freedom of expression, after they fought for our freedom. In fact I do know what they'd think, they'd reckon we're not fair dinkum, true blue Aussies.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
We're not not allowed to do stuff all anymore. Once upon a time a bloke could let rip with a wolf whistle, and on most occasions the fair maiden wore it as a badge of honour.
I don't know what our World War 1and 2 diggers would think about this loss of freedom of expression, after they fought for our freedom. In fact I do know what they'd think, they'd reckon we're not fair dinkum, true blue Aussies.

Are you seriously upset about the fact that people will look down on you for making women feel uncomfortable?

By the way, it's not illegal. You haven't lost any freedoms. People just have the freedom to call you out as a *smile* if you're being one. The other fifty percent of people just have a little more freedom and power to speak up for themselves. And it's only just a little more.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Are you seriously upset about the fact that people will look down on you for making women feel uncomfortable?

By the way, it's not illegal. You haven't lost any freedoms. People just have the freedom to call you out as a *smile* if you're being one. The other fifty percent of people just have a little more freedom and power to speak up for themselves. And it's only just a little more.
No I don't care if people were to look down at me.
i'm in my sixties and haven't let rip with a wolf whistle for quite a while, dentures make it a bit harder to do.
To be honest, I have been chatted a couple of times for calling someone darling or love, and I have apologised. I do find it a little sad, but my apology has been genuine.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Further delays to resumption of production in China following CNY. Now being told 16th Feb resumption at earliest.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Now that the tide of infection seems to have been stemmed at least internationally, the next challenge will be what impact the China shutdown has on the global economy..
How long is a piece of string with this? Until a vaccine is developed it's hard to see travel bans lifted & that will start to have fairly serious ramifications one would think.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
24552/492

3223 critical
907 recovered

The Chinese expert Zhong Nanshan who became famous for his work during the SARS outbreak and holds a lot of trust, predicted on Jan 28 that the virus would peak in 7-10 days. On Feb 2 he changed his forecast to 10-14 days. Will be interesting to see what the numbers are doing the week after next.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
First local to local infection cases discovered in Singapore. The fun starts now.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Now that the tide of infection seems to have been stemmed at least internationally, the next challenge will be what impact the China shutdown has on the global economy..
How long is a piece of string with this? Until a vaccine is developed it's hard to see travel bans lifted & that will start to have fairly serious ramifications one would think.
A bit of racism is also starting to build from what I'm seeing/hearing.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
A bit of racism is also starting to build from what I'm seeing/hearing.

Bird Flu, SARS and Corona all started in the same place. The world has every right to ask questions now its clearly not just a coincidence. - edited for accuracy

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Bird Flu, SARS, (Swine Flu) and Corona all started in the same place. The world has every right to ask questions now its clearly not just a coincidence.

In 1998, swine flu was found in pigs in four U.S. states. Within a year, it had spread through pig populations across the United States. Scientists found this virus had originated in pigs as a recombinant form of flu strains from birds and humans.
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Swine_influenza
Swine influenza - Wikipedia

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
While people of Asian descent get told to go back China by dickheads in the street, but its all good fun, eh?
No. You're gettin your knickers in a twist for the wrong reason. Aussies used to be brilliant at the dark humour, finding a way to hang *smile* at n laugh in the face of adversity n disaster. Now unfortunately the world is totally fixated with finding reasons to hate, blame n mind *smile* over everything that happens no matter how large or insignificant.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
People may wash their hands to help prevent spreading the virus but not many people wash/wipe down their phone..every one has a phone these days.
Don’t see this in any of the health warnings.