Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Went for a funeral apparently.
We have short memories.... for months we could not go a funeral in the next suburb ANd almost certainly not one interstate. That was hard for many many people but sacrifices were made for the good of the state and nation. Now it seems the govt needs to accomodate emergency flights to accomodate grieving Australians.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Not sure what you mean.

I'm not allowed to get one yet.
So you want them to reduce the age barrier. That's not a radical request. Given the muted demand would keep the meter ticking over.

I think for other complainers if they had a door to door service they could still find fault.

I saw tonight the African leaders getting their shot at the new mass hub at Sandown. That's 15 min from me so think that's where I will go. Will be good to walk out of a race course with all my money still in my wallet.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Over 50 so planning for early next week, will book in at Jeff's Shed, apparently not particularly crowded. I postponed as I had the flu vaccination a couple of weeks ago.

Will be a bit of piece of mind to get vaccinated but then I suppose it is about 12 weeks between shots and you're fully vaccinated and maybe boosters next year with the variations coming out.

We really should be getting the vaccination done quicker and it is well past time to build some purpose built quarantine stations, this is going to be around for a while and seems to be getting more dangerous.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Holding off until the government releases a more specific roadmap, given the uncertain effective period of the vaccines. Wouldn't want it to wear off at the same time we open the doors. Also prefer to wait for Moderna if I can get it; more effective first jab, shorter wait for the second jab and no clotting issues. Perhaps a single-shot vaccine like Johnson & Johnson will become available.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Got my first jab today. Pfizer.
I am by no means a skeptic about all this but every now and then something happens that makes me understand why some are.
I did not feel a thing. Thought she was just scratching my shoulder! Makes me wonder if the powers that be are just having a lend of us all.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I've had my two Moderna shots. First one pain and slight fever 24hiurs after the *smile*. Second the same 24hiur wait put pain not as bad, feverish for a bit longer.

Now a 2 week wait and I'm officially vaccinated.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Over 50 so planning for early next week, will book in at Jeff's Shed, apparently not particularly crowded. I postponed as I had the flu vaccination a couple of weeks ago.

Will be a bit of piece of mind to get vaccinated but then I suppose it is about 12 weeks between shots and you're fully vaccinated and maybe boosters next year with the variations coming out.

We really should be getting the vaccination done quicker and it is well past time to build some purpose built quarantine stations, this is going to be around for a while and seems to be getting more dangerous.

DS

Jeff's shed is very easy.
No need to book.
No queues.
Walked up, done in 5 min and after 15 min observation , off home.
Did not book and definitely no need to.
Need a licence and Medicare card for ID.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Some of us would very much like to be vaccinated, but our short sighted federal government has made that difficult.

Being mid-40's, i am now eligible for the Pfizer vaccine if I can prove I have a medical condition. I am a chronic asthmatic. I called the COVID hotline last week and they said I just need to get a letter from my GP. So, I am seeing him tomorrow. In my opinion, we all have an obligation to get the vaccine as soon as you are eligible

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Being mid-40's, i am now eligible for the Pfizer vaccine if I can prove I have a medical condition. I am a chronic asthmatic. I called the COVID hotline last week and they said I just need to get a letter from my GP. So, I am seeing him tomorrow. In my opinion, we all have an obligation to get the vaccine as soon as you are eligible
You don't even need a letter from your GP. Validating evidence such as prescriptions for medicine, reports, Myhealth docs etc. will do just fine.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Had my flu shot on Friday so booked in for my AZ jab in a couple of weeks. Just going to my GP.

It's been widely reported that over 30% of people over 50 don't want the AZ vaccine but want to wait for the Pfizer jab. This is a *smile* position to take. Virginia Trioli interviewed an epidemiologist from the Doherty Institute who said there is no discernible difference between the vaccines and that all the evidence from global vaccinations show that they are as effective as each other. She basically said it's ridiculous that people should wait for Pfizer if they can get AZ now. We're coming into winter which is a time where the virus thrives so it's really important for people to get vaccinated. Even one shot of AZ provides substantial vaccination. She said the blood clots can be serious but are extremely rare and the medical authorities now know a lot more about how to recognise the clots and treat them accordingly.

People just need to get vaccinated ASAP. We are so lucky to be in Australia right now but I feel many people are just taking the *smile* and taking the situation for granted. Plus the Fed Govt needs to run a blitz advertising campaign to encourage people to get vaccinated and combat the *smile* negative hysteria around AZ.

Reactions: 7 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Jeff's shed is very easy.
No need to book.
No queues.
Walked up, done in 5 min and after 15 min observation , off home.
Did not book and definitely no need to.
Need a licence and Medicare card for ID.

I'll head down to the Shed tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Holding off until the government releases a more specific roadmap, given the uncertain effective period of the vaccines. Wouldn't want it to wear off at the same time we open the doors. Also prefer to wait for Moderna if I can get it; more effective first jab, shorter wait for the second jab and no clotting issues. Perhaps a single-shot vaccine like Johnson & Johnson will become available.

They will most likely prioritise the Moderna for those under 50, so if you are under 50, you may not be offered the option of the Moderna anyway.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
They will most likely prioritise the Moderna for those under 50, so if you are under 50, you may not be offered the option of the Moderna anyway.

I'd be surprised if someone didn't test that restriction in court.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Had my flu shot on Friday so booked in for my AZ jab in a couple of weeks. Just going to my GP.

It's been widely reported that over 30% of people over 50 don't want the AZ vaccine but want to wait for the Pfizer jab. This is a *smile* position to take. Virginia Trioli interviewed an epidemiologist from the Doherty Institute who said there is no discernible difference between the vaccines and that all the evidence from global vaccinations show that they are as effective as each other. She basically said it's ridiculous that people should wait for Pfizer if they can get AZ now. We're coming into winter which is a time where the virus thrives so it's really important for people to get vaccinated. Even one shot of AZ provides substantial vaccination. She said the blood clots can be serious but are extremely rare and the medical authorities now know a lot more about how to recognise the clots and treat them accordingly.

People just need to get vaccinated ASAP. We are so lucky to be in Australia right now but I feel many people are just taking the *smile* and taking the situation for granted. Plus the Fed Govt needs to run a blitz advertising campaign to encourage people to get vaccinated and combat the *smile* negative hysteria around AZ.
Spot on Chimpley Chimps. Using real world data, the effectiveness of AZ with a 12 week gap between the two shots, is showing now to be almost indiscernible v Pfizer.

Clots are so unlikely it's not funny. Absurd paranoia.

Infectious disease experts (eg Booy, Baxter etc) are all warning that if we don't get to a 70% vaccination rate then we are courting disaster in this country with the possibility of a third wave. And I'll guarantee it'll be the non-vaxxers who will be front of que whinging, whining and complaining their guts out about lockdowns, restrictions, health care problems, sickness, maybe deaths.

We can't court a third wave disaster and we need to revert back to normal as quickly as possible (as normal as normal can be) and have borders opened up etc. And the only way we are gonna get there is if we have sufficient vaccination. Pure and simple. Get it 'inya.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Morrison on 3aw this morning said an advertising blitz will come later in the year pushing everyone to get it done.

FFS, start now, get it blaring. Anyone who can should go now. It’s trending the right way but speed it up.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'm holding off because I can. Last word was that international flights aren't likely to resume until next year. If the government announces visitors will be allowed from September, I'll get the first one done tomorrow.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Morrison on 3aw this morning said an advertising blitz will come later in the year pushing everyone to get it done.

FFS, start now, get it blaring. Anyone who can should go now. It’s trending the right way but speed it up.
I've created an off shoot of Drofder Enterprises that is gonna consult and create for this pathetic government a marketing program to get all the numpties in this country vaccinated. I figure many of the recalcitrants are uninformed, bogan, dumbed down Morning Sunrise type duds that need very simple messaging from those they relate to. To that end I am gonna contract Hoges, Rodney Rude, some Big Brother contestants, Kochie and others to produce "GET IT 'INYA STRAYA" commercials that will run 24/7 across all commercial FTA channels.

Supplies being available, bet I can get this country 95% vaccinated by November. Thanks Drofder. You've done it again.....

Last edited: