Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Morrison on 3aw this morning said an advertising blitz will come later in the year pushing everyone to get it done.

FFS, start now, get it blaring. Anyone who can should go now. It’s trending the right way but speed it up.
Later in the year?? WTF are they waiting for?? Do it now.

Winter is coming........................................

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
As a younger person, it pisses me off that the government is banging on about more people getting vaccinated, but won't let me get the shot.

If there are spare doses and some dopey 50 pluses are refusing, then let me.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Later in the year?? WTF are they waiting for?? Do it now.

Winter is coming........................................

I imagine the delay is due to the fear of running out of vaccines and casting the Government in bad light again.

Funny how the very first announcement about securing vaccines for Australia had the Liberal party logo on it. They haven't done that since.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As a younger person, it pisses me off that the government is banging on about more people getting vaccinated, but won't let me get the shot.

If there are spare doses and some dopey 50 pluses are refusing, then let me.

Turn up about 30min before a vaccination centre closes. The vaccine can't be re-frozen so if there spares left over due to no shows etc, then you have a good chance of getting it.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
You don't even need a letter from your GP. Validating evidence such as prescriptions for medicine, reports, Myhealth docs etc. will do just fine.

Cool. I have to see my GP for another reason anyway, so I may as well pose the question.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
There really is no reason to hold off (well, except for waiting a couple of weeks if you have had a flu vaccine) unless you want Australia to wait for a few months to get anywhere near herd immunity, opening borders, full crowds and walk up general admission at the footy etc.

Actually, I'll go further, if you hold off on getting the vaccine then you really have no case to make for walk ins at the footy.

As for the vaccine promotion, well, along with everything else, why are they waiting? Idiots. Promote the vaccination now, build proper quarantine now (actually last year would have been better), get on with it.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Morrison on 3aw this morning said an advertising blitz will come later in the year pushing everyone to get it done.
Its safe to assume they'll at least quadruple the going rate to re-purchase the rights for the never seen sexual consent milkshakes?

get vaccinated, or you could have a milkshake smeared all over your face by a victim.

they could just put a little metaphor explainer on the bottom.

Milkshake = sexual consent Covid 19

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Its safe to assume they'll at least quadruple the going rate to re-purchase the rights for the never seen sexual consent milkshakes?

get vaccinated, or you could have a milkshake smeared all over your face by a victim.

they could just put a little metaphor explainer on the bottom.

Milkshake = sexual consent Covid 19
1621483782634.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The AZ sell was on the back foot the moment the PM got the Pfizer jab (at the front of the queue).

Horrible messaging by the government.

“Get vaccinated now; it’s extremely important for the safety and prosperity of the country”.

“AZ is very effective; just as good as Pfizer and the side effects are extremely rare but very treatable if they do occur”.

“But, ah, if you don’t want AZ wait until the end of their year for Pfizer or Moderna”...............

FFS talk about mixed messaging. They really have no idea. The scare campaign against the AZ is ridiculous but the government is doing little to combat it and all the jump ties are falling for the crap.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Horrible messaging by the government.

FFS talk about mixed messaging. They really have no idea. The scare campaign against the AZ is ridiculous but the government is doing little to combat it and all the jump ties are falling for the crap.

The messaging is so bad, from a Government that has taken marketing to a new level, that you have to wonder if it's not deliberate. The last thing this government wants is for demand to exceed supply again.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The messaging is so bad, from a Government that has taken marketing to a new level, that you have to wonder if it's not deliberate. The last thing this government wants is for demand to exceed supply again.
it is "funny". the government that is all marketing and no substance, is totally unable to market something that actually needs marketing.

maybe they need a "where the hell are ya?" slogan.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just gor my walk in AZ jab at the Shed. No wait time, hardly felt it. Now to see if I'm one of the 4 in a million blod-clot victims!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Just gor my walk in AZ jab at the Shed. No wait time, hardly felt it. Now to see if I'm one of the 4 in a million blod-clot victims!!!
I had it 4 weeks ok Angry Ant and I am still here !!
like you hardly felt it, had a sore arm for a couple of days and that’s it

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I had it 4 weeks ok Angry Ant and I am still here !!
like you hardly felt it, had a sore arm for a couple of days and that’s it

I had it at about 11am and still no pain anyway, maybe a slight numbness in the arm but I could be imagining it... have heard the next day is when you might get some symptoms. Usually with other vaccinations I always feel fine, so let's see.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, I felt it the next day (Moderna). Though I had a worse reaction after the first first than the second. That that could be because the second coincided with a gout attack which trumps all other pain known to man

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, I felt it the next day (Moderna). Though I had a worse reaction after the first first than the second. That that could be because the second coincided with a gout attack which trumps all other pain known to man

Jaysus yeah gout is nasty business, my old man used to get that. Lay off the red baloo