Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They are talking incentives to get the jab.

I thought of a really good incentive:

Get the vaccine, and you wont die gasping for air like a carp in mud.

but I suppose a scratchy, where you are ten times as likely to get blood clots than you are to win $2,

will get a few 'Strayans out to do their civil duty..

Whats in it for me?

Reactions: 2 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
If you're in south east melbourne the mass vaccination centre at Sandown racecourse is open and running efficiently, 30 mins to got through the whole process. I spoke to a nurse who works there last night, they are significantly underutilized.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If you're in south east melbourne the mass vaccination centre at Sandown racecourse is open and running efficiently, 30 mins to got through the whole process. I spoke to a nurse who works there last night, they are significantly underutilized.

I've had the first stage jab but my partner doesn't qualify yet - even though she has some significant thyroid issues. Pretty sh*t.

Do you reckon if she went there there'd be any chance of getting vaccinated if its under utilised ?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've had the first stage jab but my partner doesn't qualify yet - even though she has some significant thyroid issues. Pretty sh*t.

Do you reckon if she went there there'd be any chance of getting vaccinated if its under utilised ?
I was reading something yesterday about under 50s being able to get the AZ jab.

Last edited:

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Ticketing on hold..?

Just got the email....

The AFL advises that the AFL Member on-sale for Round 11 and 12 scheduled for 10am this morning will be delayed.

An updated on-sale time will be advised later today.

• Wow
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The footy will be off for crowds this weekend.

If we had an efficient Quarantine system for an airborne disease then this would be water tight but we don't.
This outbreak has been coming from a long way out. Now we're chasing our tails & life as we know it is affected again.

It's *smile*.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

She might, this nurse told me that people who insist on getting it will probably just be given it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
so the 5th case looks to have pre-dated the first 4 (infectious May 17) and appears to be linked to the SA quarantine guy. this is good news in a way, because we now know the source and the first guy has now passed the 5-6 day infectious period.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The footy will be off for crowds this weekend.

If we had an efficient Quarantine system for an airborne disease then this would be water tight but we don't.
This outbreak has been coming from a long way out. Now we're chasing our tails & life as we know it is affected again.

It's *smile*.
Amateur hour once again. They knew this for days and now scrambling to get on top of it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just got my chip implanted.

why wife downloaded the App and connected to 5G and made me sort the whole families socks straight off the bat

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
so one of the side effects on the fact sheet while your waiting for your jab,

is 'death'

which made me think, we should be handing little babies fact sheets, outlining the side effects and hazards of life,

the moment they are born.

some may include; getting hit by a cricket ball in the nuts, cutting off your hand at work, existential crisis/sense of pointlessness, loneliness, disillusionment, feelings of powerlessness, being eaten by a wild animal, having parasites feed on your brain stem rendering you motionless and non-responsive, addiction, grief, pain, suffering, illness, being sodomised non-consensually at a tender age by powerful men, becoming trapped after accidentally slipping into a fibreglass dinosaur while trying to retrieve your mobile phone, and death.

I think I experienced my first side effect about 2 hours after receiving the jab. I was driving passed a 5G tower and I had a brief uninvited thought that Melbourne could win the premiership.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That's a good sign, it means your body is kicking into gear and kicking the *smile* out of the bad boys. Sore arm is the odd one though, it would have to be the smallest, least painful injection I've had in my whole life.
In talking to people who are far more expert on this than me they tell me that the side effects are very variable by person.

I had no side effect from AZ except a sore arm and I didn’t even feel the actual jab itself.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In talking to people who are far more expert on this than me they tell me that the side effects are very variable by person.

I had no side effect from AZ except a sore arm and I didn’t even feel the actual jab itself.

Yes, there are a range of "system effects", chills, fever, headache and sore arms being some of them. But many people won't get any of these effects at all. For me the jab was almost painless as well.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I wonder if there will be a bit more attendance at the vaccination clinics in Vic today after today's restrictions? Hopefully some who were planning on waiting a little longer to get their first dose will take the plunge with this latest scare. We're going to be at risk of this bloody virus until the rates increase!

Personally I'd be down there yesterday if I was eligible, even though there is a part of me that wants the Pfizer over the AZ, but I'll take what I can get if it helps the country achieve herd immunity.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I wonder if there will be a bit more attendance at the vaccination clinics in Vic today after today's restrictions? Hopefully some who were planning on waiting a little longer to get their first dose will take the plunge with this latest scare. We're going to be at risk of this bloody virus until the rates increase!

Personally I'd be down there yesterday if I was eligible, even though there is a part of me that wants the Pfizer over the AZ, but I'll take what I can get if it helps the country achieve herd immunity.

i drove past the showgrounds an hour ago and queues for COVID tests and vaccines were very long.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think I experienced my first side effect about 2 hours after receiving the jab. I was driving passed a 5G tower and I had a brief uninvited thought that Melbourne could win the premiership.

S*** that's serious, you ok?

DS