Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

News from the office - only those who must work from the office can go in. All others WFH, which means me.

A positive case attended the Collingwood/Port Adelaide game at the MCG on Sunday, 23 May – sitting in Zone 4, Level 1 of the Great Southern Stand (the Punt Rd end of the stand).

Well when you actively import it back in this was always going to happen.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Anyone who didn't think this was highly likely if not almost certain to happen again going by past failures needs to wake the $%## up ..... end of.

I think I experienced my first side effect about 2 hours after receiving the jab. I was driving passed a 5G tower and I had a brief uninvited thought that Melbourne could win the premiership.
Judging by that then its safe to assume (even though we should never do so) that nearly all Melbourne GoDeez fans have had the same shot as you did man.

Reactions: 1 user
A positive case attended the Collingwood/Port Adelaide game at the MCG on Sunday, 23 May – sitting in Zone 4, Level 1 of the Great Southern Stand (the Punt Rd end of the stand).

As I just saw on social media its worth noting that there hasn't been a case of transmission at an outdoor event in Australia and its extremely rare worldwide. Obviously if public transport was used that would be a concern.

24 hours post AZ jab.

woke up with very small headache, similar to drinking 2/3rds of a bottle of red and going to bed at 0100.

no other ill-effects.

can anyone provide a good reason why they are not vaccinating anyone who turns up at a clinic (i.e. walk-ins?)

the clinic I went to had 6 staff, 4 of who were standing around looking bored,

and I watched them turn away as many walk-ins as they vaccinated.

this small sample suggests they could double vaccination rates overnight with a simple edict

'turn up'

I dont reckon its too much to expect this world to run somewhere near logic and simplicity?

is it?

Id be happy with 50% logic

Reactions: 3 users

Hopefully they do a "Deep Clean" of the G to get rid of the PordAdelayde stench that would have lingered. Not to mention Covid

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Can see the rush for the jab. Bravado of not getting it will fly out the window as reality bites.

family member changed their mind yesterday. Sadly needed a reality check.

Sadly lockdown looming

Reactions: 1 users
10 new cases in past 24 hours (incl. the 5 from yesterday).
Think I'll give the footy a miss too this week.:confused:
It's not looking good is it ? Merlino had the look of a worried man yesterday.

Did I read right that the elderly dude who wasn't vaccinated has spent some 10 days circulating throughout the community whilst infectious, and the close family members he's passed it on to have done the same (lesser days), traversing across dozens and dozens of sites whilst infectious and non-vaccinated ? Dunno if I have that correct but If so, we could have some serious issues.

Lockdown almost a certainty if all of that's the case, surely ?

Last edited:
Please correct me if Im wrong, is this linked to the guy that came back from SA quarantine? Got off the flight and SA govt only contacted him. Straight into self Quaratine. No communication to the Vic govt or other passengers. 2 days later finally via radio announcements a made scramble to contact everyone by govt dept.

If so, saddens me the lack of govt (& their depts) communication state to state, fed to state (visa versa). Pathetic. Just shi ts me to no end they way they operate with each other.

So the single case they identified yesterday morning was a person who had been experiencing symptoms since last Monday and only got tested this Monday.

Pretty hard to contact trace when you've got people not coming forward to get tested. Get a test if you have symptoms FFS!

think 2nd Indian one
The more contagious one....
So the single case they identified yesterday morning was a person who had been experiencing symptoms since last Monday and only got tested this Monday.

Pretty hard to contact trace when you've got people not coming forward to get tested. Get a test if you have symptoms FFS!
This is also why wearing masks should be the norm whether there is a current outbreak or not. You just never know what the person next to you is carrying.

The footy will be off for crowds this weekend.

If we had an efficient Quarantine system for an airborne disease then this would be water tight but we don't.
This outbreak has been coming from a long way out. Now we're chasing our tails & life as we know it is affected again.

It's *smile*.
The only potential silver lining, and I admit it's a slim hope given they haven't so far, is that people might finally wake up to what a useless bunch of do-nothing (except enrich their mates and donors) shitheels the Lieberal government is.

Reactions: 2 users