Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Apartment complex in Southbank listed as Tier 1 exposure site from 2nd June to 14th June. How many people live there? How many people have walked in and out of that joint in that 12 day period and into the wider community? Hopefully not that many as we were in lockdown but many would still have left for one of the 4 allowable reasons.

*smile* hell :(

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This complex was locked down 2-3 days ago wasn't it?
I have never recommended this in the past, but read Pidley's post.

Seems, without knowing all the detail, another long term contagious period with those that have tested positive and been everywhere and anywhere throughout the community (bit like the original Whittlesea cluster 4 weeks ago). Plus a communal area in the building complex exposing not just residents, but indiscriminate visitors to the building who may have also contracted it and been contagious in the community for some time.

Who knows, but suspect this is why Victoria is still on the restrictions it is, and why no crowds at the football.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No doubt morale is down across the board in Victoria. Everyone is over the lockdowns now.

In other news we've paused walk in pfizer vaccines due to supply issues as demand has now outstripped supply.
Most Victorians are trying desperately to get out of this mess by getting vaccinated as quickly as possible.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Apartment complex in Southbank listed as Tier 1 exposure site from 2nd June to 14th June. How many people live there? How many people have walked in and out of that joint in that 12 day period and into the wider community? Hopefully not that many as we were in lockdown but many would still have left for one of the 4 allowable reasons.

*smile* hell :(
So our contact tracers weren't able to identify and lockdown this exposure site for weeks?

I thought we were just unlucky.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
In other news we've paused walk in pfizer vaccines due to supply issues as demand has now outstripped supply.
Most Victorians are trying desperately to get out of this mess by getting vaccinated as quickly as possible.
They weren't exactly bashing the doors down before the latest lockdown though. There was vaccination complacency and then everyone *smile* themselves when the outbreak hit.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
So our contact tracers haven't been able to identify and lockdown this exposure site for weeks?

Yeah on face value it seems a poor oversight. I think they were doing a good job before this; hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a major *smile* up with grave implications.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
So our contact tracers weren't able to identify and lockdown this exposure site for weeks?

The 2nd case in there tested positive on Saturday and triggered the lockdown of the complex. The first case was an aged care worker who lived in the complex in a townhouse so it looks like they didn't consider transmission in the complex from that first case likely probably because the townhouses are quite separate. Maybe another indication how infectious this strain is.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
They weren't exactly bashing the doors down before the latest lockdown though. There was vaccination complacency and then everyone *smile* themselves when the outbreak hit.
And vacc hubs are pouring Pfizer down the sink when people don't show up for booked appointments.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I’m booked in for my second Pfizer next week,did it today on the gov site, was actually very easy.

Crack, back and vax’d as of next week.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’m booked in for my second Pfizer next week,did it today on the gov site, was actually very easy.

Crack, back and vax’d as of next week.
You got your crack and back vaxxed ? Sounds like painful overkill to me. Who the hell wants a needle in their …

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
We're *smile* cursed in this state. Might be time to pack up and leave. I'm a proud Victorian and have never said that before but the last 18 months has really given me the *smile*.

This may well be enough to send us into another lockdown. No other state in Australia has experienced anything like we have in Victoria. They get a couple of cases and it disappears. Even the northern beaches outbreak in Sydney was controlled pretty quickly and localised so that the whole *smile* city didn't get locked down.

We are obviously doing something very wrong in Melbourne.
We are being stretched and stretched, and like any material stretched, too far, too long, too often we don't just snap back.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Agree with spook.
General publics morale in Vic seems down.

I work in Education, staff morale is down.
Interesting to hear that. Setting aside the main debate which too often at political and media levels reduces to economic v health, the social and human impacts are being underplayed. If teacher morale is down, I'm guessing student outcomes aren't going to be positive.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We're *smile* cursed in this state. Might be time to pack up and leave. I'm a proud Victorian and have never said that before but the last 18 months has really given me the *smile*.

This may well be enough to send us into another lockdown. No other state in Australia has experienced anything like we have in Victoria. They get a couple of cases and it disappears. Even the northern beaches outbreak in Sydney was controlled pretty quickly and localised so that the whole *smile* city didn't get locked down.

We are obviously doing something very wrong in Melbourne.
Clown government lead by Mr Love Me Do. So proud of himself. I've been on the edge also wanting to move to NSW......or England for better.

• Haha

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
Apart from receiving full disclosure relating to the probity concerns raised in today's last question of the press conference, I'd like to know the reason Jerome doesn't have to wear a properly fitted face mask. Check out the last five seconds...

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Apart from receiving full disclosure relating to the probity concerns raised in today's last question of the press conference, I'd like to know the reason Jerome doesn't have to wear a properly fitted face mask. Check out the last five seconds...

I have no clue if these allegations have any substance but backgrounding those officials making tough decisions affecting businesses is an indication that the gloves are off & the pressure is well & truly on…

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
. I've been on the edge also wanting to move to NSW......

I suggest packing some ear plugs for Sydney Swans wins,

a foam brick to throw at the TV when Joh' Barilaro comes on

and see the bank about an overdraft to pay your rego.

oh, and if you plan on living in Sydney, I'd get a lobotomy, a warm blanket, and a tin mug

seriously though, I had friends sell up in rural paradise up here after raising their family, and move to an apartment in Melbourne in Feb 2020. They basically wanted to go to the footy and eat out their retirement.

Like all the rest of you poor buggers, they've been through 4 lockdowns and they got on realestate.com to see about moving back up, and saw the house they sold 18 months ago on the market for an extra $Million bucks.

like my dear old nana used to say when we'd whinge ..... 'If we all pushed our problems into a pile, I bet you'de take your own back'

although I think the homeless, addicted, mental, cold, hungry person would dive onto my friend real estate woes pretty pronto

Last edited:
  • Wow