Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Does anyone have a simple explanation of the differences in physiology between say a 55 and 65 year old that makes AZ unsafe for the younger person but safe enough for the older. (Is there any other medications that have such distinct age distinctions)

Yes. Dr Norman Swan explained this on the recent coronacast. Basically as you get older your immune system response is weaker and you are less likely to clot although the mechanism is not fully understood. However he said it's a sliding scale with continuous variable of risk that declines as your get older ... there is no hard and fast age where you are safer getting or not getting it. They have to pick an age as a cutoff and therefore they went for age 60.

He discusses it here about 6:40 in.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
0 cases in VIC
12 cases in NSW (5 today and so far 7 for tomorrows numbers).
1 case in QLD.

Tassie and QLD are opening up to VIC. SA as well but you need to get a test and turn a negative result.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
0 cases in VIC
12 cases in NSW (5 today and so far 7 for tomorrows numbers).
1 case in QLD.

Tassie and QLD are opening up to VIC. SA as well but you need to get a test and turn a negative result.

woohoo, my Goldy trip is still on ,fingers crossed it turns out better than my Brisbane trip :(

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Golden Gladys' seeing how this one plays out as opposed to locking down..
Which is entirely consistent with their previous approaches? Which have all worked out well?

Although I'm sure if cases do increase in NSW it will cause joy for some on this thread.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Which is entirely consistent with their previous approaches? Which have all worked out well?

Although I'm sure if cases do increase in NSW it will cause joy for some on this thread.
Not for me it won’t. I want NSW to prove again that there is a better way so that their is less suffering as a result of not having lockdowns.

• Love

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

I wouldn't enjoy it. The opposite in fact. I don’t wanna see anyone go through what we went through last year.

But I find the cockiness and complacency of Gladys and her team alarming. Just because they did well in the past, doesn't mean they will do well this time. The Delta Variant is very dangerous. In a way, Victoria was lucky this time around because we were already in lockdown when it came here. in NSW they are still allowing 100 people to visit a home.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Got my second Pzifer today. Seamless process, in and out in 40 minutes including a 15 wait afterwards.

Feel fine. Wouldn’t even know I had it.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Got my second Pzifer today. Seamless process, in and out in 40 minutes including a 15 wait afterwards.

Feel fine. Wouldn’t even know I had it.
You say that, but have you checked all your toes are still there though ? They’re easy to miss….

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
7 LGA's in Sydney red-zoned by Victoria and QLD last night. I’d be surprised of the rest of metro Sydney doesn’t follow suit by the weekend. There was a case at a childcare centre in Narellan Vale (near Campbelltown) yesterday. That a long way away from the red-zone. We are probably looking at double figure case numbers in Sydney today.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
0 cases in VIC
23 cases in NSW (10 today and so far, 13 for tomorrows numbers).
0 cases in QLD.

New restrictions for metro Sydney (for 7 days from 4pm today):
- 5 visitors per household
- must be seated in hospitality venues
- 1 per 4sqm rule
- 50% crowd "recommendation" for sports (WTF??)
- masks for all indoor settings and outdoor events such as sports events.
- gym classes limited to 20 and must wear mask
- if you live in the 7 LGA's, you can't leave metro Sydney

still no lockdown. Gladys is playing with fire (or being heavily pressured to avoid it). Does she have the ticker to make unpopular decisions?

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
0 cases in VIC
23 cases in NSW (10 today and so far, 13 for tomorrows numbers).
0 cases in QLD.

New restrictions for metro Sydney (for 7 days from 4pm today):
- 5 visitors per household
- must be seated in hospitality venues
- 1 per 4sqm rule
- 50% crowd "recommendation" for sports (WTF??)
- masks for all indoor settings and outdoor events such as sports events.
- gym classes limited to 20 and must wear mask
- if you live in the 7 LGA's, you can't leave metro Sydney

still no lockdown. Gladys is playing with fire (or being heavily pressured to avoid it). Does she have the ticker to make unpopular decisions?

The most worrying thing I've heard from Gladys over the last few days is how she was talking about cases arising from fleeting contact like it was brand new news, despite the fact that the VIC health authorities were saying the exact same terms 3-4 weeks ago.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
My worry is that after all the work we've done in this state the last 4 weeks, we're brought back undone by NSW travellers.

Remember though, where vaccinating and it being the absolute key to protecting people and the economy is concerned, (and not having endless repetitions of this), it's not a race and Australia is "different."

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The most worrying thing I've heard from Gladys over the last few days is how she was talking about cases arising from fleeting contact like it was brand new news, despite the fact that the VIC health authorities were saying the exact same terms 3-4 weeks ago.

@mrposhman I present to you, the Australian Newspaper... both mention the word "fleeting contact," but completely contrasting headlines.

TODAY.jpg

My worry is that after all the work we've done in this state the last 4 weeks, we're brought back undone by NSW travellers.

Remember though, where vaccinating and it being the absolute key to protecting people and the economy is concerned, (and not having endless repetitions of this), it's not a race and Australia is "different."

One positive is that Morrison may move quicker on vaccines now that his precious NSW is under threat.

Reactions: 6 users