Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

no lockdown announcement today.

Wonder how many sites are an issue, I think it was more the number of places people could have caught COVID that led to our recent lock down, rather than the number of cases. Also will depend on how many f the new cases were already isolating.

i count 152 exposure sites (including the Wellington return flights), at one point, we had about 400. however, Victoria listed the same place on different days as separate exposure sites, whereas NSW are listing them all as one. If you count the NSW exposure site list the same way as Victoria, the number would be 181.

I don’t know whether those numbers are good or bad. As I said, we peaked at around 400 a week into our outbreak. They are about a week into theirs and are at 181. So... there are either significantly less exposure sites, or they haven’t found them all yet…

no lockdown announcement today.

i count 152 exposure sites (including the Wellington return flights), at one point, we had about 400. however, Victoria listed the same place on different days as separate exposure sites, whereas NSW are listing them all as one. If you count the NSW exposure site list the same way as Victoria, the number would be 181.

I don’t know whether those numbers are good or bad. As I said, we peaked at around 400 a week into our outbreak. They are about a week into theirs and are at 181. So... there are either significantly less exposure sites, or they haven’t found them all yet…
Don't forget that our original cases were out in the community for a week or so while infectious before their positive test, which is why we had so many exposure sites and why the lockdown. If the first case presented for testing as soon as they were symptomatic, the number of exposure sites would've been far fewer, and we probably could've avoided a lockdown treating the outbreak in the same way as NSW are currently.

This is why some of it always comes down to luck, as we are relying on human behaviour which is often not logical.

Reactions: 1 users
Just announced. 60 year old man visited his daughter in a 'green' zone.
We should not trust Golden Gladys to get on top of this. Border should have been closed.

ABC reporting this bloke was at the West Hoxton "super spreader" birthday party in western Sydney.

Lives in Oakleigh. Caught public transport from airport to Oakleigh on Sunday evening. Developed symptoms late Tuesday; got tested Wednesday; positive result Thursday. Works at a dry cleaner in Sandringham where one person is now a close contact.

Hope I'm wrong but it looks like Lockdown 5 coming up. And like Lockdown 4 it will be due to another "imported case".

Can't take a trick in VIC.

All rammifictions are Morrison's responsibility now.
We've lost count of how many quarantine breaches there have been now.
The Delta genie is out of the bottle, I doubt it will get back in.
Vaccinations the only way out..

Reactions: 4 users
ABC reporting this bloke was at the West Hoxton "super spreader" birthday party in western Sydney.

Lives in Oakleigh. Caught public transport from airport to Oakleigh on Sunday evening. Developed symptoms late Tuesday; got tested Wednesday; positive result Thursday. Works at a dry cleaner in Sandringham where one person is now a close contact.

Hope I'm wrong but it looks like Lockdown 5 coming up. And like Lockdown 4 it will be due to another "imported case".

Can't take a trick in VIC.
What a selfish idiot.

What a selfish idiot.
I'm not sure he'd done much wrong Spook. West Hoxton was a "green zone" as far as Victoria was concerned up until today and the even he was at was not identified as an exposure site until he was back home (maybe on Tuesday?). He was not symptomatic when he travelled home and he seems to have been tested as soon as he felt sick. From all reports he has acted appropriately and let's hope that his movements on Monday and Tuesday were minimal. Govt is saying they have all his primary close contacts so it may not be as bad as we think. Who knows what happened on his trip from the airport to Oakleigh though................

The only thing I'm not sure of was when he actually travelled to Sydney. Even so that area wasn't a red zone according to either VIC or NSW Govts. Let's hope we get lucky this time. No doubt we are all pretty well over this *smile*.

Reactions: 3 users
The horse has probably bolted unfortunately.
It has.

Huge chance that Victoria ends up back in lockdown again or some increased level of restrictions again next week. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a last minute "no crowds" call for the football either.

But remember everyone, "it's not a race."

I'm not sure he'd done much wrong Spook. West Hoxton was a "green zone" as far as Victoria was concerned up until today and the even he was at was not identified as an exposure site until he was back home (maybe on Tuesday?). He was not symptomatic when he travelled home and he seems to have been tested as soon as he felt sick. From all reports he has acted appropriately and let's hope that his movements on Monday and Tuesday were minimal. Govt is saying they have all his primary close contacts so it may not be as bad as we think. Who knows what happened on his trip from the airport to Oakleigh though................

The only thing I'm not sure of was when he actually travelled to Sydney. Even so that area wasn't a red zone according to either VIC or NSW Govts. Let's hope we get lucky this time. No doubt we are all pretty well over this *smile*.
You say that, but do we know if this 60 year old was vaccinated or not ? Assuming not - just like the last 60 year old recalcitrant that set off the most recent outbreak here in Victoria.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
The below article is a great summary of the differences between reporting on the Vic outbreaks vs the NSW outbreaks.

Imagine if an unvaccinated chauffer of airline crews was responsible for the outbreak in Victoria? We wouldn't hear the end of it from the Murdoch gutter press.

Reactions: 2 users
Listening to Dr Norman Swan's Coronacast podcast again yesterday - he made the point that we are VERY likely to have more lockdowns until a significant proportion of the population is vaccinated. This latest debacle in Sydney does have the risk of contaminating Vic again, as we have seen. Closing borders is only a temporary fix and may happen too late in any case.

Get vaccinated. Encourage others to get vaccinated. Keep the pressure on the feds and the states to roll-out vaccination as fast as possible. The "vaccination is a low priority" argument is BS (and always was, but whatever), and recent events as well as medical science have proved this. If you want businesses to reopen, if you want to attend the football in numbers, if you want to travel, get vaccinated.

BTW, it's a daily podcast but it's only 12 minutes long. Highly recommended.

Reactions: 1 user
I see the Sandringham Dry Cleaners where this latest case works has been listed as an exposure as a Tier 1 exposure on Monday and Tuesday basically business hours. It has been reported this guy developed symptoms at 10pm on Tuesday and got tested on Wednesday morning. However, they have also listed the site as being exposed from 7.30am - 5.30pm on Wednesday....................

Surely this bloke didn't go to work whilst sick and awaiting his test result?????

I see the Sandringham Dry Cleaners where this latest case works has been listed as an exposure as a Tier 1 exposure on Monday and Tuesday basically business hours. It has been reported this guy developed symptoms at 10pm on Tuesday and got tested on Wednesday morning. However, they have also listed the site as being exposed from 7.30am - 5.30pm on Wednesday....................

Surely this bloke didn't go to work whilst sick and awaiting his test result?????
We’re ***** again.

It’s the Whittlesea situation all over again.

Listening to Dr Norman Swan's Coronacast podcast again yesterday - he made the point that we are VERY likely to have more lockdowns until a significant proportion of the population is vaccinated. This latest debacle in Sydney does have the risk of contaminating Vic again, as we have seen. Closing borders is only a temporary fix and may happen too late in any case.

Get vaccinated. Encourage others to get vaccinated. Keep the pressure on the feds and the states to roll-out vaccination as fast as possible. The "vaccination is a low priority" argument is BS (and always was, but whatever), and recent events as well as medical science have proved this. If you want businesses to reopen, if you want to attend the football in numbers, if you want to travel, get vaccinated.

BTW, it's a daily podcast but it's only 12 minutes long. Highly recommended.

No *smile*. Everyone knows that vaccination is the only way out - except the worst Prime Minister in our country’s history and the all too many lackadaisical “she’ll be right” bullsht Australians we have that CAN actually get vaccinated, but havent.

We’ve got massive problems in this country and will continue to have them until both are addressed.

In the USA they went full bore with developing vaccines, distributing them, promoting and educating people on them and what it means for the country and regaining normalcy, and dispensing them. This country ? A dangerous, uncoordinated hapless joke on all fronts.

Covid has shown up the glaring weaknesses in our governments and the Australian psyche to some extent as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users