Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Yes, but the point is that vaccination shouldn't be the killer and this is why people refuse to get jabbed. It could take a very long time to reach 100% vaccinated and even then I doubt lockdowns and this virus would end.

Any drug you take can potentially kill you. They are foreign to your body. Do you take paracetomol? Theres a fatality rate to that too. How about nurofen?

The fatality rate of the AZ vaccine for my aged group (I'm 39) is about 5 in 200,000 (my doctor told me that) and that gets progressively better the old you are. The average fatality rate in the UK from the AZ vaccine is about 1 in 500,000.

The vaccine is no more a killer drug than paracetomol. Does that stop you taking any pain killing medication?

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, fair point TF. We'll never get to 100% anyway, but higher is better.

The virus will always be with us now. Impossible to eliminate it, but with vaccination and natural immunity it will be managed.
My argument is Dopey Dan's paranoia when an outbreak occurs. If we're wearing masks and using QR code, why keep stepping back and closing everything? Too many loopholes and contradictions on the rules. Sutton's comment last week was just as stupid. No visitors indoors (dining room) but OK seeing them outdoors (backyard BBQ) ??

How is that a scare campaign?

From how I understand it, if a hospital has x number of ICU beds, and 1 is taken up with Covid, they won't use any of the other beds in that unit unless they are also Covid infected. Maybe @Sintiger can confirm that for us.

It its correct then that has a big impact on reducing capacity of ICU beds.
That’s not true Mr P.
Most of the largest ICUs in the state segregate ICUs into areas and will isolate an area for COVID patients and that can be scaled up and down. There are designated COVID hospitals now which have wards and ICU areas designated for COVID positive patients. Remember that our largest hospitals are used to dealing with infectious patients and patients that need to be isolated, it’s just scale of it that can challenge the system.
There have been patients in and out of ICUs in Victoria since COVID began and even at the times of low local cases there were still patients from hotel quarantine in hospital and sometimes ICU.

Last edited:
The fatality rate of the AZ vaccine for my aged group (I'm 39) is about 5 in 200,000 (my doctor told me that) and that gets progressively better the old you are. The average fatality rate in the UK from the AZ vaccine is about 1 in 500,000.

The vaccine is no more a killer drug than paracetomol. Does that stop you taking any pain killing medication?
I thought you said it was 1 in a million? Now it’s 1 in 40000?

My argument is Dopey Dan's paranoia when an outbreak occurs. If we're wearing masks and using QR code, why keep stepping back and closing everything? Too many loopholes and contradictions on the rules. Sutton's comment last week was just as stupid. No visitors indoors (dining room) but OK seeing them outdoors (backyard BBQ) ??

Because if we don't, we'll be where NSW is. You want to be in a three month lockdown? Or you prefer to let it rip, overwhelm the hospitals and have 10s or greater deaths per day? You tell me what your preference is.

There's always going to be inconsistencies or quirks in any rules around this, but given one is indoor and one is outdoor dunno what your problem with it is really. We know the virus transmits more easily indoors.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting thing now is that the vaxxed will be the angrier ones as they receive no exemptions from the restrictions.

Because if we don't, we'll be where NSW is. You want to be in a three month lockdown? Or you prefer to let it rip, overwhelm the hospitals and have 10s or greater deaths per day? You tell me what your preference is.

There's always going to be inconsistencies or quirks in any rules around this, but given one is indoor and one is outdoor dunno what your problem with it is really. We know the virus transmits more easily indoors.
Open the windows then....:mhihi

I wonder what will happen if Australia can't hit the 80% lockdown target because people choose not to get vaccinated. Do we still continue to endure lockdowns to protect those that won't protect themselves.

Open the windows then....:mhihi

If numbers don't do it for you, read about the reality of the situation in Sydney now for paramedics.

"I’ve turned up to a house to find every member symptomatic, and none had been tested. We found a patient unconscious and not breathing and commenced CPR. Chest compressions aren’t like the movies, they’re brutal. CPR is also physically demanding, particularly in restrictive PPE. Trying to keep calm while out of breath under a mask, sweating under a layer of plastic while trying to insert an artificial airway, get a cannula in a vein, evaluate a cardiac rhythm on a monitor to determine whether to deliver a shock isn’t a walk in the park."

I wonder what will happen if Australia can't hit the 80% lockdown target because people choose not to get vaccinated. Do we still continue to endure lockdowns to protect those that won't protect themselves.
We'll just keep going around in circles because this virus won't disappear. We're gonna have to get to a point where we just live with it. A bit like that thing called the flu.

We'll just keep going around in circles because this virus won't disappear. We're gonna have to get to a point where we just live with it. A bit like that thing called the flu.
Nope...absolutely no need for any further discussion.
No need for deaths from covid and no need for lockdowns......if all of you nitwits just got vaccinated!
Its is really just as simple as that. There is absolutely no excuse not to be vaccinated.
Stupid human race.

Reactions: 2 users

But the fatality rate from blood clots after Pfizer is zero. Why anyone would elect to buy a ticket in the AZ lottery if they weren't at imminent risk of infection is beyond me.

A French study found that if everyone was injected with AZ, twice as many 18-39yo's would die from AZ as they would from COVID without a vaccine.

If enough young people put up their hands for AZ, inevitably we'll get a healthy teenager drop dead as Young predicted.

There's a world of difference in the psychological impact of a healthy person dying from medicine and dying from a disease.

The game changes if the outbreak gets out of control.

Nope...absolutely no need for any further discussion.
No need for deaths from covid and no need for lockdowns......if all of you nitwits just got vaccinated!
Its is really just as simple as that. There is absolutely no excuse not to be vaccinated.
Stupid human race.
Except for being unable to access it because you're too young.

But the fatality rate from blood clots after Pfizer is zero. Why anyone would elect to buy a ticket in the AZ lottery if they weren't at imminent risk of infection is beyond me.

A French study found that if everyone was injected with AZ, twice as many 18-39yo's would die from AZ as they would from COVID without a vaccine.

If enough young people put up their hands for AZ, inevitably we'll get a healthy teenager drop dead as Young predicted.

There's a world of difference in the psychological impact of a healthy person dying from medicine and dying from a disease.

The game changes if the outbreak gets out of control.

The problem is, by the time the game changes, it's too late to play.

You can't just switch on being vaccinated. It takes months. Outbreaks take days to weeks.

It's pretty simple now. You will either get Covid, or you get vaccinated. It's a matter of when, not if.

Except for being unable to access it because you're too young.
Of course. Get it asap when you can and all the discussion about covid, the lockdowns,the illness,grief and deaths will be a thing of the past.
Covid is completely able to be eliminated...by full vaccination.
And to those who compare it to the flu......absolutely not alike. Covid is a horrible killer and people die a disgusting inhumane death.

Of course. Get it asap when you can and all the discussion about covid, the lockdowns,the illness,grief and deaths will be a thing of the past.
Covid is completely able to be eliminated...by full vaccination.
And to those who compare it to the flu......absolutely not alike. Covid is a horrible killer and people die a disgusting inhumane death.
Vaccination won't ever eliminate it.

Just like it doesn't eliminate the flu. But it will mean it's simply another respiratory disease, like a cold or flu.

The problem is, by the time the game changes, it's too late to play.

You can't just switch on being vaccinated. It takes months. Outbreaks take days to weeks.

It's pretty simple now. You will either get Covid, or you get vaccinated. It's a matter of when, not if.
I'll be able to manage staying home for several weeks and only going out twice to get jabbed, if that's what it comes to.

Your last statement will be true at some point down the track.