Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Sorry if mentioned before but 5 deaths today in NSW. 4 unvaxxed, 1 had one dose.
34 year old lady died from blood clot with AZ. Straight away the experts turn to stats and probabilities to cover themselves. Which way do we really go with this?

34 year old lady died from blood clot with AZ. Straight away the experts turn to stats and probabilities to cover themselves. Which way do we really go with this?

Have you looked at the stats of dying from Covid when just let to run through.

As I asked above, whats the alternative?

Sorry if mentioned before but 5 deaths today in NSW. 4 unvaxxed, 1 had one dose.
And did all of these people have the opportunity to be vaccinated? This is the story that must be shared.

Stop closing business & schools everywhere and take better control on where it's happening.

Where is it happening? Sounds like the teacher broke the rules in visiting people in HQ somehow. Not sure how it happened, hasn't been released, but this will continue to happen.

We have 2 choices, keep going with these short lockdowns (yes they are difficult and I really feel for small businesses) or let it rip like they have overseas and in NSW.

Which would you rather or do you have a better solution?

And did all of these people have the opportunity to be vaccinated? This is the story that must be shared.

If they are over 65 (and I think most were), then all over 65 have been offered the AZ vaccine and have been offered that for months.

Reactions: 1 user
We need to be aiming for 80% and at least 95% of people older than 70
Really?

Our vaccination rate for MMR is 95%, (ranked 71st in the world) I see no reason why we can't get to 80% for COVID.

DS
I think with the recurrent lockdowns and the coming availability of Pfizer and Moderna the vax rate will climb quickly.
All those who were hesitant rather than resistant will opt in and that will just leave the blind hard core resisters unvaccinated.
I have gone from pessimistic to optimistic that we will achieve adequate vax levels. 80% comfortably by early next year.

Reactions: 1 users
Where is it happening? Sounds like the teacher broke the rules in visiting people in HQ somehow. Not sure how it happened, hasn't been released, but this will continue to happen.

We have 2 choices, keep going with these short lockdowns (yes they are difficult and I really feel for small businesses) or let it rip like they have overseas and in NSW.

Which would you rather or do you have a better solution?
I'm sure the government can work out a better plan to zone off where the outbreaks are instead of closing the whole metro and or state.

I'm sure the government can work out a better plan to zone off where the outbreaks are instead of closing the whole metro and or state.

Didn't we try that last year?

Look I live in the South East, the covid outbreaks don't seem to occur around here, but I see that we tried it last year and it failed, so I see why they lock down the whole metro area. They have already shown in previous outbreaks they are prepared to lockdown Melbourne and leave open regional Australia.

Reactions: 1 user

We've vaccinated 8 million people at least one dose, and had six deaths from AZ I think? We've had 5 deaths today from Covid from around 2k cases in NSW.

You can do the maths

Not sure, would depend on the ages I guess MB. Over 50s who didn't get the AZ jab when they could have is possible I guess. But yeah, the vaccine "non-race" is claiming victims now.

We've vaccinated 8 million people at least one dose, and had six deaths from AZ I think? We've had 5 deaths today from Covid from around 2k cases in NSW.

You can do the maths
You're wasting your time with facts and science but I admire your grit....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

You can do the maths
Yes, but the point is that vaccination shouldn't be the killer and this is why people refuse to get jabbed. It could take a very long time to reach 100% vaccinated and even then I doubt lockdowns and this virus would end.

Yes, but the point is that vaccination shouldn't be the killer and this is why people refuse to get jabbed. It could take a very long time to reach 100% vaccinated and even then I doubt lockdowns and this virus would never end

Yep, fair point TF. We'll never get to 100% anyway, but higher is better.

The virus will always be with us now. Impossible to eliminate it, but with vaccination and natural immunity it will be managed.