Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I knew Twitter was the platform of the left but didn't realise they used it attack journalists such as Sales.
Is there another Twitter from the one I go on? There are of right wingers that are posting that I see.

Twitter is by and large whoever posts. Plenty of bile to go around from all sides of the spectrum

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Anti-vaxxers have been a cult for a while. They have successfully managed to recruit a lot more followers by using targeted campaigns to spread FUD at a time when many are scared and vulnerable.

Trying to give anti-vaxxers a fair hearing is what they want. They want their ideology recognised as an acceptable alternative. It can't be because it's dangerous not just to them, but too society. Drink driver laws are less about drunks killing themselves than they are about drunks killing innocent people. Ant-vaxxers need to be treated with the same approach.
But vaccines were never meant to be mandatory but its heading there but coercion or forced. Fuels both spectrum of views. Your last comment proves it

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
But vaccines were never meant to be mandatory but its heading there but coercion or forced. Fuels both spectrum of views. Your last comment proves it
I don't remember having much of a say in my Polio vaccinations. Or the vaccinations I got in the 70s before travelling overseas. Even today some vaccinations are mandatory before visiting or returning from some African countries

Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

yeah the whole mandatory vaccine thing being new is just more *smile*.

I dug out my vaccination passport from 1995 the other day.

it has 'Vaccination Passport' written in big official letters on the front.

Theres Typhoid, cholera, meningitis, tetanus, tuberculosis, hepatitis and yellow fever stamps in it.

theres a *smile* rush on at the moment

this passport is real cardboard. Ive got a collection of my grandads ration stamps from WW2 as well.

how's that for a breach of personal freedoms? he was coerced into handing over a ticket for 10 litres of petrol, and a kg of lamb chops.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I don't remember having much of a say in my Polio vaccinations. Or the vaccinations I got in the 70s before travelling overseas. Even today some vaccinations are mandatory before visiting or returning from some African countries
Talking covoid & u know it. Rest is BS u mention. Enjoy yourself on that trip or bait u put. Again reinforcing what i said. Thanks.

Again
When the population are advised its not mandatory. Its not. Then u see coercion or its forced onto people irrespective by other means it created this whole environment.

And u wonder why its polorising people irrespective on which side of the scale. U think yr right. I might think im right & so do the anti vaxes. Extrodinary problem Aust is in.

Rest is in my prev post.
Said it multiple timees. No one here is going to convince any1 of opposite views.
enjoy.

Shame what our society has dropped to

Enjoy yr day

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
As someone in their 30s, I had my 1st Pfizer on 7 Sep at State run centre.
Afterwards, you could book your 2nd dose, but State system would not let you book earlier than 6 weeks after your 1st dose.
I couldn't find anything in the City/inner suburbs until mid-nov, but found a spot in Cranbourne (1+ hours from home) 7 weeks after my first dose in late Oct.
I went onto HotDocs, which is an App for booking GPs, and searched for appointments for 2nd Pfizer dose. It took some hunting, but I found a local GP that had vacancies 3.5 weeks after my first dose (GPs only need proof your 1st dose was 3+ weeks earlier).
My wife, who had her Pfizer a couple of weeks before me, then rang up the same GP and enquired about doses and was told she could come in a couple of days time. She had her 2nd does yesterday and the GP said that they often have cancellations and they are getting extra supplies all the time so appointments are opening up.
I would recommend, if you are looking for 1st/2nd dose, to use HotDocs and/or call your GP, and if you are flexible you may be able to get in on a cancellation.
Yeh, I used hot docs, quick and simple and lots of choice in the local area. I used it in July and my wife in August and got an appointment within a few days. I was auto qualified, she wasn't. My kids are down on list with local pharmacy, hopefully get in over the next 6 weeks.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Talking covoid & u know it. Rest is BS u mention. Enjoy yourself on that trip or bait u put. Again reinforcing what i said. Thanks.
No, you mentioned vaccines. Saying they were never meant to be mandatory. Blatantly incorrect and another half-truth spread by the cult.

The only thing being reinforced here is that the cult reacts badly when confronted with facts. When an argument doesn't go their way they go personal or they go find someone else to convert with FUD

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Is there another Twitter from the one I go on? There are of right wingers that are posting that I see.

Twitter is by and large whoever posts. Plenty of bile to go around from all sides of the spectrum

Yes everyone’s Twitter is tailored to them. That is the issue. It’s a sea of mirrors unless you deliberately seek out the opposite views.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Again
When the population are advised its not mandatory. Its not. Then u see coercion or its forced onto people irrespective by other means it created this whole environment.

And u wonder why its polorising people irrespective on which side of the scale. U think yr right. I might think im right & so do the anti vaxes. Extrodinary problem Aust is in.

Rest is in my prev post.
Said it multiple timees. No one here is going to convince any1 of opposite views.
enjoy.

Shame what our society has dropped to

Enjoy yr day

The most you can hope for is to have a calm discussion. And have the other person look into things.

I really want invermectim to be an alternate - I followed Malone on Twitter who seems to be the leader here. When I put my science/engineering hat on (I’m a chemical engineer by degree) I just can’t find anything scientific to support it though and plenty of bunkum headlines that misrepresent the facts or portray them in a way to show it being effective. If I did find something legit it would have opened my mind up.

I started a separate thread on why people change their minds. At the end of the day people change there minds themselves. In most cases it will be personal experience / someone they trust maybe influencing the or as we see in the worst cases when an unvaccinated loved one dies

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The most you can hope for is to have a calm discussion. And have the other person look into things.

I really want invermectim to be an alternate - I followed Malone on Twitter who seems to be the leader here.

There is no alternate to vaccination - there are of course therapeutics that can help if you do get a serious dose.

You might be interested in the Principle trial in Oxford @RoarEmotion .. looking at a range of therapeutics for Covid, including Ivermectin. It's already found that the often touted antibiotics doxycycline and azithromycin don't help. Of course, other studies are ongoing.

Ivermectin results expected soon.

They have found that other therapeutic drugs like budenoside have some effectiveness - many of these drugs are also cheap, available and actually work. The myth that the pharma companies and researchers are part of a global conspiracy to conceal the effectiveness of Ivermectin in order to maximise Covid profits is bullsh1t of the highest order.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

1631770392199.png

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne

I really want invermectim to be an alternate - I followed Malone on Twitter who seems to be the leader here. When I put my science/engineering hat on (I’m a chemical engineer by degree) I just can’t find anything scientific to support it though and plenty of bunkum headlines that misrepresent the facts or portray them in a way to show it being effective. If I did find something legit it would have opened my mind up.

I started a separate thread on why people change their minds. At the end of the day people change there minds themselves. In most cases it will be personal experience / someone they trust maybe influencing the or as we see in the worst cases when an unvaccinated loved one dies
Great. Honestly.

On another point Italy too. Was advised they dug up bodies from covoid deaths to study them !!

They have found out a way to deal with covoid. Mixture of aspirin, couple of other drugs with some success

Havent check it out. But with an earlier post today i dont truly spend a lot of time on it anymore. Lucky 1 hr a week to see what is happening elsewhere In the world.

Last edited:

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
No, you mentioned vaccines. Saying they were never meant to be mandatory. Blatantly incorrect and another half-truth spread by the cult.

The only thing being reinforced here is that the cult reacts badly when confronted with facts. When an argument doesn't go their way they go personal or they go find someone else to convert with FUD
Take me out of context. Dont care.
Was replying in this thread re vaccine ( covoid) was never meant to be mandatory. Whole discussion 99% touches vaccines for covid. Want to be a smart se on it & nitpick. Go for it. Prove nothing to me but reinforce the way society is polarised on it. U misunderstood, great. Dont care. Covoid covid covid covid covid covid vaxes im talking about. Covid ( hope ive said it enough) covid

Truly dont give a stuff. Constantly go on these nitpick angles but prove nothing.

This split in society is wrong. Just hope it doesnt lead us to what was seen in WW2.

Covid covid covid covid vax.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There's no nit pick angle here. It's responding to what's been written. When what's written is the same as arguments used by the anti-vaxxers, what do you expect people to think?

Society is being split between the rational and the conspiracy theorists. It's 9/11 all over again, but far more dangerous to society and far more reach with every nutter having a pulpit (social media) to spread FUD from. It also diverts research capacity away real research to instead disproving hair brained theories.

Vaccinations aren't mandatory. I doubt they will ever be. But putting safeguards in place to protect society is a fair compromise. Those that think horse dewormer is the silver bullet against covid probably still think Energy Polarizers make a shithouse car good.

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
The non mandatory "covid" vax is now mandatory to work on a construction site. Not vaxed no work. No coercion of course. Just take away yr ability to work.
Dan's the Man. Gladys in theeantime u can reopen any businesd, a staff 2b vaxed, serve a unvaxed person in yr business when not allowed. No stress or issues, just a $55k fine to pay. Business gone.

Aust what a country!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The non mandatory "covid" vax is now mandatory to work on a construction site. Not vaxed no work. No coercion of course. Just take away yr ability to work.
Dan's the Man. Gladys in theeantime u can reopen any businesd, a staff 2b vaxed, serve a unvaxed person in yr business when not allowed. No stress or issues, just a $55k fine to pay. Business gone.

Aust what a country!

What is wrong with mandatory vaccinations? Australia is not a libertarian state.

Reactions: 1 user