Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I agree with Al Bundy...they said for months it wasn't mandatory.
Now they have changed their mind.

It’s not mandatory. It has large consequences to chose not to do it.

Not the same thing.

Argue why you don’t think the consequences are fair for sure but not that you are being forced to get vaccinated. You may be being forced to make a choice between something you want and something you don’t want.

Reactions: 1 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
I will be in the next few weeks.
What I'm saying is, it really has been forced on me.

6months ago- jab isn't mandatory.
Last week - government says you have to be jabbed to work at my job, got to races, go to footy.

Ok.

That's basically mandatory

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Last week - government says you have to be jabbed to work at my job, got to races, go to footy.

Ok.

A natural/emotional reaction to being forced to do something is to do the opposite / feel resentment about it. (Although I still argue semantically this is not being forced - it’s just you don’t want to give up those other things)

Other than this do you see a downside?

Maybe you can reframe it so you feel good about it and focus on how it helps society / yourself / your friends and relatives. Up to you. Generally I find this helpful to focus on why something is important as it is much more motivating.

Reactions: 3 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane

Ok.

It’s still your choice - just that there are consequences for that choice, just like there are for any choice you make. In this way it’s similar to the consequences for not getting childhood vaccinations.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
All states and territories besides Victoria grow. Has to be linked to the amount of lockdowns. Hopefully we haven’t lost too many talented people due to our woes. Melbourne has also lost many people to regional Victoria as well.

Yeah before the pandemic Victoria was by far the fastest growing state in Australia with Melbourne the fastest growing city; on track to overtake Sydney in a few years. The pandemic has put a massive brake on that and it is obviously due to the seemingly never ending lockdowns. Victorians look at those in QLD & WA living normal lives and have gone *smile* this I'm outta here. You can understand the thinking I suppose. If I didn't hate QLD summers and humidity so much I'd almost consider it myself. This is no way to live and this latest lockdown is the last straw for many; much harder lockdown than NSW yet cases are exploding still. What's the point?

Oh well maybe when it's finally over and we live some sort of COVID normal life, with less people Melbourne and Victoria may actually be a better place? But it sure is a *smile*
depressing place right now. But it's all good; we can have a picnic tomorrow:banana. With a whole 5 people. But just don't take a beer with you....................................

• Sad

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I agree with Al Bundy...they said for months it wasn't mandatory.
Now they have changed their mind.

Morrison also said many months ago "its not a race." Do you reckon anyone has since change their minds?

Another (unmasked) protest planned in Melbourne this weekend. The virus spread exponentially after the last one on the 21st August.

this chart shows what happened after august 21. What these protesters are doing is treasonous.

TODAY.jpg

• Angry

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Are you saying the protest led directly to an explosion in cases..ie some of the protesters were carriers and so infected others who im turn took it back to their homes suburbs work places? Or was the protest the point at which a lot of the populace said who cares anymore?

Treason? Ramping up the the hysteria dial to 11.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Are you saying the protest led directly to an explosion in cases..ie some of the protesters were carriers and so infected others who im turn took it back to their homes suburbs work places? Or was the protest the point at which a lot of the populace said who cares anymore?

Treason? Ramping up the the hysteria dial to 11.

it would be pretty hard to prove because these people are the type who won't get tested. But can you name another circuimstance that could have led to this trend?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Same. My wife is angry.
Was told only 3 weeks.
Theym day after she had it, it was changed to six.

Ridiculous

my wife same.

they're redirecting Pfizer 2nd jabs to 1st jabs.

I was flicking through my 1995 vaccination passport yesterday, and all the vaccinations (6) I had seemed plain brand, but manufactured by CSL.

big Pharma and govt control was simpler in the 90's

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
it would be pretty hard to prove because these people are the type who won't get tested. But can you name another circuimstance that could have led to this trend?
If I had heard Weimar or Sutton make some connection I would be open to it. But the consensus of all the modellers has for many weeks is that we are only tracking up. My own expectation from all those forecasts was we would be closer to 1000 than 500 now.

As for the protestors.... to me they seem to come from the various parts of society that One Nation taps into. A cocktail of grievances not just lockdowns.
But from.my environmental activism days for every person on a blockade or march there are 100 writing / calling / posting their MP. I have no doubt backbenchers are now unable to resist feeding that up to the crisis cabinet.

Final word on protest..many who will be on the news will only be there for the fight. The cause is the excuse.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Ok.

But why?

Why does this need to be forced on you?

Why are you resistant to getting vaccinated?

Do you have a medical condition which makes it dangerous, is there some other reason?

Why?

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
This is no way to live and this latest lockdown is the last straw for many; much harder lockdown than NSW yet cases are exploding still. What's the point?
Cases arent exploding in Vic anymore and are really starting to flatten. That is the point of the current restrictions.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If I had heard Weimar or Sutton make some connection I would be open to it. But the consensus of all the modellers has for many weeks is that we are only tracking up. My own expectation from all those forecasts was we would be closer to 1000 than 500 now.

Professor Adrian Esterman is a good source to follow. He believes the NSW outbreak is beginning to plateau (their reff number is now below 1) and the VIC outbreak is showing similar signs (our reff number is still 1.2 but has dropped for 5 consecutive days). 2 days ago, he predicted 636 cases and we had 423. Big difference.

He also recently tweeted about the “k” number. The k number is hard to explain, but it refers to the amount of potential superspreaders out there. The lower the number, the worse the potential for a superspreaders to pass on the virus. Our k number is 0.4, which is bad. Obviously superspreaders can be stopped if they are in Iso. But if they’re out and about and go to the protest tomorrow… it could be a disaster.

Reactions: 2 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Just back from my daily walk of the mini Schnauzer in the local park and shopping strip.
First time I have noticed a really down and negative vibe. Previously everyone in this small community remained positive.
Looking miserable and much less personable interaction.
Seeing shops now closed permanently. Smiles hard to find.
Looks to me like we have reached a critical point and people are feeling it's become intolerable.
Just one day.......but I think the lockdown has had a crushing effect.
The rule changes of 10 ks and picnics for five do absolutely nothing for us here.
We are 20 ks to the next town and being Anglosaxon our families are scattered widely.
For Western city migrant families, 10 ks and picnics with nearby families is a big step.
For us here it is nothing at all.
Let fully vaccinated people who have done everything asked of them get out NOW.
Fully vaccinated people are very safe and need to be rewarded now.
Get on with it and make useful positive changes...not just token ones.

• Sad

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
One last thing re those who don't want to get immunised.
There are billions, yes billions of people who lived on this planet before you, who have lost their lives to infectious diseases before we discovered how to immunise against them.
Those departed children, mothers, fathers and loved ones would desperately love to change places with you now and live a long and healthy life free of cureable illness , while you take their place with premature death.
It is an absolute insult to them that you should refuse the very things that would have saved their lives....and they had no choice in the matter.
I suggest you visit an old cemetery in Australia and look at the children who died in their infancy from measles, chicken pox, polio , whooping cough and tetanus .
The development of immunisation by way of safe and effective vaccines , just as we have with covid, is one of the miracles of modern science and we are so so incredibly lucky to have been given a long and healthy life as a result.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users