Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
1,438 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas. - 34,323 vaccines administered - 65,497 test results received - Sadly, 5 people with COVID-19 have died

I hope the protesters and Murdoch media are proud of themselves. criminal. :mad:

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
It's also 5 days after the grand final. Perhaps a few grand final parties have been super spreader events?

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
1,438 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas. - 34,323 vaccines administered - 65,497 test results received - Sadly, 5 people with COVID-19 have died
These numbers will start hitting hospitals in the coming days and weeks. Hospitals are full, ambulance ramping is inevitable.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I hope the protesters and Murdoch media are proud of themselves. criminal. :mad:
You just throw your *smile* hands in the air. I'm vaxxed, I only go out to work, and to shop, briefly, wear a mask, and *smile* can just thumb their noses and *smile* it for everyone.

• Angry

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Well, over 1400 cases in a day after 10 weeks hard lockdown.
Something is not right and the hard lockdown is not the solution.
Sydney with a larger population has done better than us even before their vax numbers were better.
So...fatigue causing non compliance, lockdown not targeted enough ( my view ) , obviously vax rollout too slow, maybe more resistant population in Melbourne. Ie more alternate, more anti vax, stronger unions, Vic govt perceived to be too soft on some groups, maybe a larger non English or larger Muslim population with different beliefs and trust .
Whatever it is, this is not working.
Either..
A. Let the double vaxxed out while we are waiting.
B Double down by Dan and reverse any planned priveledges.
C. Accept the situation and let a few more necessary things occur ie hairdressers.
The current situation looking bad .
D Redirect all of the country's vacs to Victoria....as if.

PS ....I expect option B.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Extremely disheartening situation now. Our numbers will end up making NSW look like a picnic.

Anyway the 7 day circuit breaker lockdown has worked a treat. Glad we haven't ended up like Sydney :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
It's also 5 days after the grand final. Perhaps a few grand final parties have been super spreader events?
You would think so, along with the protesters last week. A lot of protesters wouldn’t be interested in getting tested if they only had mild symptoms and would be doing whatever the hell they liked and becoming super spreaders themselves.

It’s time to allow more freedoms outside for fully vaccinated or part vaccinated people so that people are far less likely to continue to do the wrong thing.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
That is a massive spike, unprecedented to use a very 2020 word.

I know the opening up plan is linked to vaccination rates, but is there an offset for case numbers?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
You just throw your *smile* hands in the air. I'm vaxxed, I only go out to work, and to shop, briefly, wear a mask, and *smile* can just thumb their noses and *smile* it for everyone.
Yeah I'm sure many, like me, are very disillusioned with the whole thing. It seems pointless abiding by the lockdown rules when clearly so many don't give a *smile*.

:mad:

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Extremely disheartening situation now. Our numbers will end up making NSW look like a picnic.

Anyway the 7 day circuit breaker lockdown has worked a treat. Glad we haven't ended up like Sydney :rolleyes:
These numbers will start hitting hospitals in the coming days and weeks. Hospitals are full, ambulance ramping is inevitable.
This is so hard to see, and I feel for all health care workers.

Dan Andrews as a former health minister and leader of the Government must do more to explain what he has done to help and support the health crisis that we are in. He has to be the one responsible for this.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Yeah I'm sure many, like me, are very disillusioned with the whole thing. It seems pointless abiding by the lockdown rules when clearly so many don't give a *smile*.

:mad:
I think that lockdown has just passed its use by date. I live in regional Vic on a large enough piece of land and none of it really bothers me too much. But when I talk to mates in Melbourne they sound really flat and completely over it-and these are pretty stable people.

The kicker is that it's from now for the next couple of months when the risk will be highest and people really need to follow the rules, but they have spent all their lockdown tickets by now and have just given up.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Dan Andrews as a former health minister and leader of the Government must do more to explain what he has done to help and support the health crisis that we are in. He has to be the one responsible for this.

You think he's sat on his hands and done nothing? This is on all the idiots who refuse to take the basic precautions and attend moronic protests and have illegal gatherings.

Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

In the end there is only so much can be done. There is finite space, generations of Governments Labor and Liberal have failed to invest in the physical hospital infrastructure over more than 20 years. There is a finite workforce already stretched and tired, there is no bench of qualified workers to call on.

I have seen reports about Ambulance ramping but we have to make sure we don't solve the wrong problem. We may well need more ambos but more ambulances now will just lead to longer ambulance ramping queues because the problem is in the hospitals, not in the emergency departments but further downstream. If beds are full because patients are being discharged at a rate slower than what is coming in then ambulances ramp, there is nowhere to put the patients. Discharges are being effected by staff shortages but also because COVID patients are staying a long time. When ICU's are expanded they have to do in a physical space and taking that space just reduces other general bed space. The system is doing what it can by delaying non urgent surgery and using Private hospitals for public surgeries but there is a breaking point and we are edging closer to it

The other thing is that ambulance waiting times are not only because we may need more ambulances, it is because they are sitting in queues at hospitals instead of responding to calls

There is only so much the system administrators can do and politicians can do

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users