Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Loving the photos of people in NSW and the rest of Australia enjoying their lives, going to the pub, visiting friends and family. Whilst in Victoria we continue to be locked in our homes 12 weeks into a 7 day circuit breaker lockdown. And when we hit 70% double vaccination we still can’t visit people in homes or travel outside of Melbourne. Yet with all these restrictions we are still seeing 2000 cases a day. The rest of Australia is marching ahead and Victorian is being left behind.

I was as critical as anyone of NSW authorities handling of this outbreak but it is clear in hindsight they have got it a lot less wrong than in Victoria. People up there are living their lives and getting 300 cases a day but we’re locked down with 2000 a day. Wouldn’t want to end up like Sydney hey Dan?
You said it Riddles.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Plenty of articles from May-June no longer appear in Google searches. The UK is proud of its home-grown vaccine and sensitive to adverse coverage.

Give me an example of an article from May to June that no longer appears in Google search.

It was, until Gladys *smile* up. WA and Queensland are non-starters in the race, though. They're galloping for fun.

Ah yes - reality intruded on your fantasy that we could all remain unvaccinated and live our lives without having to go into perpetual lockdown. And you would have been right, except the very predictable thing happened that you were hoping wouldn't happen. Delta got out. Vaccination was always a priority unless you want to keep living like we have been for the last two years. More business failing, more jobs lost, more kids unable to go school. Your attitude is bizarre on this one.

PS WA and QLD are still vaccinating, as they *gulp* see it as a priority. And fortunately Australian residents see it as a big *smile* priority too.

It's a question of perspective, isn't it? My position was always that since an alternative was available, why would you roll the dice with AZ? Anyone who thinks that's illogical or unreasonable can stick it up their arse.

Absolutely. You rolled the dice on not getting Covid before alternatives were available. Probably a fairly safe bet in Australia.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Plenty of articles from May-June no longer appear in Google searches. The UK is proud of its home-grown vaccine and sensitive to adverse coverage.

‘Slow’ UK response to AstraZeneca side-effects alarms experts

But early stigmas can be outgrown, e.g. few today associate IBM with the Holocaust.

It was, until Gladys *smile* up. WA and Queensland are non-starters in the race, though. They're galloping for fun.

It's a question of perspective, isn't it? My position was always that since an alternative was available, why would you roll the dice with AZ? Anyone who thinks that's illogical or unreasonable can stick it up their arse.

You have answered the question from the perspective of if you are privileged and have a choice at this very moment which vaccine you prefer but the fact still remains that tens of thousands of lives have been lost due to lack of confidence by the the various bans put in place on AZ for which it has never fully recovered.

Not every country can afford to vaccine shop so I hardly think the Republic Of Congo's, (one of the poorest nations on earth), decision to give away 500,000 doses of AZ when only 140,000 of it's 100 million population are vaccinated is a rational one.

I could google and come up with dozens of experts that say AZ unfairly maligned and you the reverse but the AZ hesitancy, you seem to be saying rightly and I wrongly , (which doesn't mean I have to stick it up my arse :) ), has had a profound effect worldwide,

Each to their own opinion LTRTR

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, it's not just opinion though Caesar - the number of lives saved by AZ outweighs vs lives lost to clotting by many, many, many factors of ten.

The tragedy is we could be making AZ in Australia and exporting it to our neighbours who are desperately in need. Indonesia is using Sinopharm supplied by the Chinese - we have lost a real opportunity to do something of real benefit in the region.

The other funny thing is that AZ is a traditional viral carrier vaccine whereas Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA vaccines - this doesn't worry me at all, happy with either but some people lose their minds over this as they think mRNA vaccines are going to mutate their DNA or some sh1t.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Give me an example of an article from May to June that no longer appears in Google search.
Official UK yellow card reporting. Previously all weekly reports were available but now only the latest report is provided.

Also several articles referencing the Eurosurveillance study which predicted AZ would take 21 lives for every 10 it saved in the 20-39 age group.
Ah yes - reality intruded on your fantasy that we could all remain unvaccinated and live our lives without having to go into perpetual lockdown. And you would have been right, except the very predictable thing happened that you were hoping wouldn't happen. Delta got out. Vaccination was always a priority unless you want to keep living like we have been for the last two years. More business failing, more jobs lost, more kids unable to go school. Your attitude is bizarre on this one.
Victoria went 3.5 months with practically zero cases Oct-Feb, followed by five days of lockdown and another 3 months with practically zero cases Feb-May. It wasn't unreasonable to hope authorities could keep it at bay for longer. There were no roadmaps in place concerning vaccination, no target percentages and no plans to open the national borders beyond a vague target of mid-2022. Then Gladys happened and forced everybody's hand. Authorities are making it up on the fly.

You really are adept at twisting things and making it appear that people stand for something they don't, but if you can point out where I claimed we could emerge from the pandemic without vaccination, I'll recant all criticism of your vexatious posting and give you a gold star.
PS WA and QLD are still vaccinating, as they *gulp* see it as a priority. And fortunately Australian residents see it as a big *smile* priority too.
When is WA opening up? 80%? 90%?

They're meandering in the general direction of the finish line, but at 73% one-dosed, second doses are already outnumbering first. They're not in any great hurry.
Absolutely. You rolled the dice on not getting Covid before alternatives were available. Probably a fairly safe bet in Australia.
A safe bet while working from home during lockdown. Those vaccinated in April could probably use a booster shot before the handbrake comes off. Have boosters been approved here?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I was frankly disgusted when I read the other day that CSL was stopping the production of AZ soon. FFS keep making AZ and give it out to our neighbours in Asia and Africa, it is a bloody good vaccine with a very rare side effect. Even if they just use it for older people it will make a huge difference to so many countries. Would make Australia very popular amongst our neighbours too. When countries like Indonesia, where they are getting Sinopharm from China, side with the Chinese over any disputes in the next few years, we should be totally unsurprised. We are choosing not to help our neighbours, it will rebound on us. Hardly surprising with the short-sighted morons in power here.

I don't dispute that 23% of the very small proportion of people who got blood clots from AZ died in the UK. But we know so much more about the blood clots, how to identify the condition and how to treat it that the risk is now far lower. We know this as the proportion of Australians who died from an AZ blood clot has been 5.6%.

Those who delayed getting vaccinated because they wanted some sort of choice, if they already had an option, are clearly acting on their privilege. Anyone who didn't turn up and get vaccinated when they had the chance (over 60s not getting AZ for example, and those now saying they want to wait for Novavax (as if they are scientifically literate in the relevant field)) should be at the very end of the queue for vaccines, after we give them out to neighbouring countries.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Victoria went 3.5 months with practically zero cases Oct-Feb, followed by five days of lockdown and another 3 months with practically zero cases Feb-May. It wasn't unreasonable to hope authorities could keep it at bay for longer. There were no roadmaps in place concerning vaccination, no target percentages and no plans to open the national borders beyond a vague target of mid-2022. Then Gladys happened and forced everybody's hand. Authorities are making it up on the fly.

OK, even though I enjoy our antagonistic relationship, I'll take a pause here.

The lack of roadmaps is an indictment on the federal government, we agree on that. But my position is that vaccination was the highest priority since they became available. We disagree on that, so we can let it go.

To be fair to you I know your position is don't open up until it's safe and you were quite happy to play the waiting game of keeping the country locked and waiting for "safer" vaccines - even though the ones we have are incredibly safe. You bet that we could keep delta suppressed, just like Dan Andrews did. He was wrong, and so are you. And I was too - early days of this lockdown I thought we could crush it. We didn't. So we need to vax as fast as possible right now.

You really are adept at twisting things and making it appear that people stand for something they don't, but if you can point out where I claimed we could emerge from the pandemic without vaccination, I'll recant all criticism of your vexatious posting and give you a gold star.

Yep, that's fair. I don't think you ever explicitly said how we'll get out of it. I've said consistently all along that we need to vax as fast as possible and open up as fast as possible after we've done that.

When is WA opening up? 80%? 90%?

They're meandering in the general direction of the finish line, but at 73% one-dosed, second doses are already outnumbering first. They're not in any great hurry.

They've done well. But they know now that with the east opening up, they'll get left behind. It is a race - our economy and the rest of the world, and now the states.

A safe bet while working from home during lockdown. Those vaccinated in April could probably use a booster shot before the handbrake comes off. Have boosters been approved here?

Boosters? yes, good question. Those who need boosters should get them as soon as everyone else who wants has had their two doses. Sorry Lee, I get your point, but we can't suppress the virus through lockdown any more. People won't take it and the economy won't take it. So let's all get vaxxed.

Now I'm sure everyone's sick of my posts in response to you on this so I'll let it go for as as is humanly possible. For me.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
@LeeToRainesToRoach apologies too, I responded to your Yellow card info but edited it out of the last email. Happy to concede whatever it is you are saying on this.

Dr Lamb can expect no mercy when he shows his face to peddle more Ivermectin BS though

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I was frankly disgusted when I read the other day that CSL was stopping the production of AZ soon. FFS keep making AZ and give it out to our neighbours in Asia and Africa, it is a bloody good vaccine with a very rare side effect. Even if they just use it for older people it will make a huge difference to so many countries. Would make Australia very popular amongst our neighbours too. When countries like Indonesia, where they are getting Sinopharm from China, side with the Chinese over any disputes in the next few years, we should be totally unsurprised. We are choosing not to help our neighbours, it will rebound on us. Hardly surprising with the short-sighted morons in power here.

I don't dispute that 23% of the very small proportion of people who got blood clots from AZ died in the UK. But we know so much more about the blood clots, how to identify the condition and how to treat it that the risk is now far lower. We know this as the proportion of Australians who died from an AZ blood clot has been 5.6%.

Those who delayed getting vaccinated because they wanted some sort of choice, if they already had an option, are clearly acting on their privilege. Anyone who didn't turn up and get vaccinated when they had the chance (over 60s not getting AZ for example, and those now saying they want to wait for Novavax (as if they are scientifically literate in the relevant field)) should be at the very end of the queue for vaccines, after we give them out to neighbouring countries.

DS
I'm 51 and got AZ. It was the only one available and I wasn't waiting. The day after I got it they raised it to 60 and a lady in her 50's died (only 2 died from clotting I think?). I was then and am now more worried about dying from covid than the vaccine.

But the vaccine strategy from the top down has been absolutely shitful. It was identified on here very early as the most crucial piece in the covid fight. Fail firstly Fed gov't, but the states have been poor. In retrospect the NSW outbreak hastened the takeup like nothing else has.

Scomo is definitely No.1 bonehead though.

Reactions: 3 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Southern Tasmania now holding it's breath as to whether we will see the state's first outbreak since April last year.

Some bogan idiot travelled into the state from Wodonga in VIC, without the appropriate approvals. He was then tested and locked up in mandatory hotel quarantine. His tests have since come back positive for the delta variant. But in the meantime, he climbed out of the window of the quarantine hotel and got a lift with a mate to the outer northern suburbs of Hobart (a broadacre housing commission area) to his girlfriend's house for a root, then to another house in the area for a session of choofing with his mates (a root and a bit of choofing, what more could one ask, sounds like a perfect day out).

With the social dynamics in the area (households of 7 kids with 5 different fathers, or blended households full of his hers and ours kids), the student bodies of the schools in the area are a concern. And apparently the idiot in question isn't being particularly forthcoming to police regarding all of his movements. Hence it's a bit of an unknown what all of his movements were and what establishments he has been to.
More has come out about the fuckhead who caused the lockdown in southern Tasmania.

So he has previously lived in the houso northern suburbs of Hobart. But has of late been living in Albury-Wodonga. Had recently been released from an Albury prison, after serving a sentence there.

Rumour is. He had brought a shipment of drugs into TAS with him to distribute (sell). So broke out of hotel quarantine to sell these around greater Hobart. Hence why he was so cagey regarding his movements.

Spent several hours in the wee hours sitting at public parks selling the drugs (countless contacts you’d never trace unless drug dealers have a QR code?). And shagged a prostitute at an unregistered brothel. Again, given the unregulated nature of prostitution in Tasmania, very difficult tracing the prostitute’s other clients for the day.

Probably the perfect storm for the virus to super spread outside of the gaze of any formal monitoring systems. Hence why we’re locked down with only one confirmed case.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm 51 and got AZ. It was the only one available and I wasn't waiting. The day after I got it they raised it to 60 and a lady in her 50's died (only 2 died from clotting I think?). I was then and am now more worried about dying from covid than the vaccine.

But the vaccine strategy from the top down has been absolutely shitful. It was identified on here very early as the most crucial piece in the covid fight. Fail firstly Fed gov't, but the states have been poor. In retrospect the NSW outbreak hastened the takeup like nothing else has.

Scomo is definitely No.1 bonehead though.

Agree, I'm 55 and looks like I got it a few days before you. The only wait on my part was waiting the 2 weeks after the flu vaccination. An article on the ABC website has it at 8 deaths from blood clots related to AZ, the article is 25 September.

You are right about the NSW lockdown getting their vax numbers up and you can see this by looking at the proportion of vaccinated who had Pfizer as opposed to AZ. Because NSW got heaps of extra doses of Pfizer, Victoria has by far the highest proportion of vaccinated people who got AZ, miles larger than other states. Ironically this may turn out to be an advantage as there is some recent evidence that AZ is effective for longer.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Rumour is. He had brought a shipment of drugs into TAS with him to distribute (sell). So broke out of hotel quarantine to sell these around greater Hobart. Hence why he was so cagey regarding his movements.

Spent several hours in the wee hours sitting at public parks selling the drugs (countless contacts you’d never trace unless drug dealers have a QR code?). And shagged a prostitute at an unregistered brothel. Again, given the unregulated nature of prostitution in Tasmania, very difficult tracing the prostitute’s other clients for the day.

Sounds like he had a rich and fulfilling day

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
More has come out about the fuckhead who caused the lockdown in southern Tasmania.

So he has previously lived in the houso northern suburbs of Hobart. But has of late been living in Albury-Wodonga. Had recently been released from an Albury prison, after serving a sentence there.

Probably the perfect storm for the virus to super spread outside of the gaze of any formal monitoring systems. Hence why we’re locked down with only one confirmed case.
Sounds like the lad had a big weekend on holiday in Tasweigieland.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Vic will be 70% on Tuesday or Wednesday fullvaxxed.
Will open up a little.

Is it just me or does that seem a low number to start opening up considering we are getting 2000 cases a day in lockdown (cases will climb even more).

Ill get criticised (fair enough) but i reckon they should have waited until DEC 1 (1st Day of Summer).

Come out, apologise for their terrible stuff ups and say DEC 1 Summer, we are opening.

By then it will be 80 to 85%.

Or is it that bad in Melbourne that no one follows restrictions anyway?

Anyway...

On an Education front, dont be surprised if its a "no parent jab = no child at daycare/kinder/school in 2022"

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Sounds like he had a rich and fulfilling day
Sounds like the lad had a big weekend on holiday in Tasweigieland.
You couldn’t make it up for a TV show if you tried.

His girlfriend, who lives in those houso northern suburbs, is as *smile* as he is.

Hobart isn’t a huge city, so word gets out about who these people are. Piecing it together, she perhaps wanted to bust him out of hotel quarantine to get her share of the drugs. Rumour is she stole the car to pick him up in.

Looking up both of their names. Over the second half of 2020, they appeared in magistrates courts on the Gold Coast, in Albury and Wodonga. And they have records in Tasmania too. Full points for completing the eastern seaboard set.

• Angry

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A stolen car, no drivers licens, unregistered car and refusing to stop at a border covid checkpoint, surely she should be in jail instead of taken to hotel quarantine. !!!!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Agree, I'm 55 and looks like I got it a few days before you. The only wait on my part was waiting the 2 weeks after the flu vaccination. An article on the ABC website has it at 8 deaths from blood clots related to AZ, the article is 25 September.

You are right about the NSW lockdown getting their vax numbers up and you can see this by looking at the proportion of vaccinated who had Pfizer as opposed to AZ. Because NSW got heaps of extra doses of Pfizer, Victoria has by far the highest proportion of vaccinated people who got AZ, miles larger than other states. Ironically this may turn out to be an advantage as there is some recent evidence that AZ is effective for longer.

DS
Yeah pretty much same for me. Got my first dose of AZ in early June as I’d had a flu shot in mid May. Then two days after the authorities say “oops, we meant over 60, not over 50!”

Anyway no worries and was happy to get the second dose in late August. My wife is also fully vaccinated with AZ. All this brand preference is absolute *smile*. Reckon it’s the only medication in history where people have been demanding a definite preference for a brand. When a doctor gives you a script for antibiotics the chemist will often ask if you want the generic brand. It’s the exact same thing except it’s cheaper because there are no costs associated with branding. Does anyone ever go “nah mate give me the more expensive Novartis drugs would ya; I love spending more money on something that is exactly the same!”

But that’s what social media gives us; a platform for the undeniably stupid.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
You couldn’t make it up for a TV show if you tried.

His girlfriend, who lives in those houso northern suburbs, is as *smile* as he is.

Hobart isn’t a huge city, so word gets out about who these people are. Piecing it together, she perhaps wanted to bust him out of hotel quarantine to get her share of the drugs. Rumour is she stole the car to pick him up in.

Looking up both of their names. Over the second half of 2020, they appeared in magistrates courts on the Gold Coast, in Albury and Wodonga. And they have records in Tasmania too. Full points for completing the eastern seaboard set.
They could make a concert style T Shirt of all the cities.