Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
As an aside I am on the train going to the game. Annoys me the number of people without masks on the train.
Seriously it’s not too hard !!!
They say complacency is one of the things that enabled the Indian situation to get out of control, and it'll get us if the virus gets a jump.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They say complacency is one of the things that enabled the Indian situation to get out of control, and it'll get us if the virus gets a jump.

Yep, so we all need to get vaccinated when we can.

I don't think India went for herd immunity, just reckon they got slack too quickly. Mind you, I really can't see how you would close down India with so many people needing to leave the house to earn enough to eat. Very difficult situation with so many people and so many people struggling to survive.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I was at a function on the weekend where someone was still spouting herd immunity. I bit my tongue and moved away because it wasn’t someone I know well.
Herd immunity is working well in India and Brazil isn’t it? ....Can’t believe there are those who still think it’s somehow better

Large-scale vaccination equals herd immunity. I’m sure your acquaintance didn’t mean this but the quickest way to achieve herd immunity is through vaccination. The terms are not mutually exclusive.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
As an aside I am on the train going to the game. Annoys me the number of people without masks on the train.
Seriously it’s not too hard !!!

and you're supposed to be wearing a mask when you enter and exit the MCG, but no one does. and no one enforces it. but the slackness on public transport does my head in. It’s like everyone has forgotten last year.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good news out of the UK on the AZ vaccine as well particularly the strains they have circulating.

Yeah, I saw a report that the AZ vaccine gives 80% lower death risk. This is based on UK situation where they have vaccinated millions so decent numbers to go by. Also quoting 1 in 250,000 blood clots so the risk is likely lower than what has been quoted to date (around 1 in 100,000 has been the figure I've seen).

DS

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
New case in VIC northern suburbs of Melbourne, a 32 yo returned from overseas, did hotel quarantine in SA, returned to Melbourne a week ago and tested positive yesterday.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Crap about the new case. At least they don't appear to have visited 101 shops and venues like most of the cases we've seen lately. Likely caught it in hotel quarantine and tested negative when positive.

Let's hope this is contained and we don't have to increase restrictions again.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We just missed the 10:20pm Craigieburn Train by minutes (Tier 2), but were at Flinders St and are categorised under Tier 3.

The lesson in this... Stop being so complacent and wear a bloody mask on public transport.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
watching us getting bullied by Geelong,

then catching COVID on the Craigeburn Line home,

would sneak into the top 100 worst nights at the footy for tiger fans ever wouldnt it?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
At what point do the Feds realise that Hotel Quarantine is not sufficient to contain an airborne disease? Any outbreak now lies squarely at their feet.
Agree

They should've taken responsibility and built fit for purpose quarantine facilities 12 months ago when it was known that air conditioners spread covid.

When the back log of Australians have returned home, the quarantine facilities could then be used to quarantine overseas students and the like.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
We just missed the 10:20pm Craigieburn Train by minutes (Tier 2), but were at Flinders St and are categorised under Tier 3.

The lesson in this... Stop being so complacent and wear a bloody mask on public transport.
I was on the train directly after the one he caught on the way in.

Fortunately got a lift home, otherwise I probably would have been on that one home too.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

At 10.20 would only have been tiger fans at the station.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
At 10.20 would only have been tiger fans at the station.

My mum is undergoing medical treatment and I was dogsitting at her house (Altona) last friday. It was always our intention to leave early if the game was one-sided and catch the 10:20 craigieburn train back to Essendon (I would get off at North melbourne to change trains and my partner would continue on to Essendon). Luckily for us, we just missed it.

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
I am all for wearing masks, I wore one today as I have started to get a cold. I even wore it while getting dinner ready, otherwise I would have had to stop every 10 seconds or so to clean up.

I think it should be mandatory if you are not feeling well. Wasn't last year a record low number for the normal flu? I mean, granted iso and social distancing would have helped but, crap, I just remembered I have to do something.....

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I have gone to 6 X footy, 2 X races since start of March. Mask wearing enroute on my line 80-90 %. On way home 20%. PhD in that.

I would add that I spent 90 minutes in the Cricketers pre game at a density no lower than the train home which is under 30 mins. No less likely to catch it there, though they did make sure we at least waved our phones at QR code in the way in,

Reactions: 3 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
I am all for wearing masks, I wore one today as I have started to get a cold. I even wore it while getting dinner ready, otherwise I would have had to stop every 10 seconds or so to clean up.

I think it should be mandatory if you are not feeling well. Wasn't last year a record low number for the normal flu? I mean, granted iso and social distancing would have helped but, crap, I just remembered I have to do something.....
Did the testers tell you when to expect the results back?