could Vickery handle No2 Ruck job - year 1. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

could Vickery handle No2 Ruck job - year 1.

Dunno about that DD. Rucks are a unique spot.

All depends on Port. If they take him, well he's obviously gone. If not leysy reckons he'll be available to us.

Carlton have Hampson, Cloke, Kreuzer already on the books & have just added Warnock.

Brisbane are on record as saying they need to add to a weak midfield. Leunberger, Charman & Clark are on there books.

Essendon are also unlikely, as they also have a pressing need to add some midfield quality as well as key backs.

Leysy Days said:
Dunno about that DD. Rucks are a unique spot.

All depends on Port. If they take him, well he's obviously gone. If not leysy reckons he'll be available to us.

Carlton have Hampson, Cloke, Kreuzer already on the books & have just added Warnock.

Brisbane are on record as saying they need to add to a weak midfield. Leunberger, Charman & Clark are on there books.

Essendon are also unlikely, as they also have a pressing need to add some midfield quality as well as key backs.

*Mutters* SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!

Damn it Leysy, you knock me down when I'm up and lift me up when I want left alone ;D

I'm trying to set myself for dissapointment so I "might" get a nice suprise ;D

Dyer Disciple said:
*Mutters* SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!

Damn it Leysy, you knock me down when I'm up and lift me up when I want left alone ;D

I'm trying to set myself for dissapointment so I "might" get a nice suprise ;D

I am the same way at the moment.

Thinking that we wont get Vickery so that I wont be disappointing or be more than happily surprised.

Leysy is right, if Port don't get him we are a massive show....Port fans are saying that they have heard they are keen on Hurley now so it will be interesting. The same way we have heard we are keen on Hartlett. I don't think both can make it to us......?

Okay, Okay, read the thread now. Agree with the general sentiment that Port is our most major risk. I said a month or two ago POrt and Carlton were the big risks and some kncoked me for mentioning Carlton, but then they came out and announced interest in Warnock and have him. So that's one down.

I don't see Essendon as much of a risk. Unless they seem him as a key forward likely type. I know inside the Essendon camp they are getting a little nervous about their forward line post Llyod/Lucas. Gumbleton's body has hardly been inspiring confidence and they had had awful trouble trying to get games/development into him at any level. Maybe though they would be more tempted by a Johnstone type if Carlton go Hurley.

I think Essendon will be more into a Hurley or midfielder myself. People who think Hartlett will slip to us will see Essendon take him if he falls that far.

I'm sending emails to Mark Willaims right now under a lot of different first names, all with the last name Vickery about how home sick Vickery would be and devastated to go to Adelaide and how Hartlett would love to stay there, why not pick him. Tyrone will just come home in 2 years two Melbourne football club for Pick 26 while Port are being violated by GC17 in the draft. ;D

Dyer Disciple said:
Okay, Okay, read the thread now. Agree with the general sentiment that Port is our most major risk. I said a month or two ago POrt and Carlton were the big risks and some kncoked me for mentioning Carlton, but then they came out and announced interest in Warnock and have him. So that's one down.

I don't see Essendon as much of a risk. Unless they seem him as a key forward likely type. I know inside the Essendon camp they are getting a little nervous about their forward line post Llyod/Lucas. Gumbleton's body has hardly been inspiring confidence and they had had awful trouble trying to get games/development into him at any level. Maybe though they would be more tempted by a Johnstone type if Carlton go Hurley.

I think Essendon will be more into a Hurley or midfielder myself. People who think Hartlett will slip to us will see Essendon take him if he falls that far.

I'm sending emails to Mark Willaims right now under a lot of different first names, all with the last name Vickery about how home sick Vickery would be and devastated to go to Adelaide and how Hartlett would love to stay there, why not pick him. Tyrone will just come home in 2 years two Melbourne football club for Pick 26 while Port are being violated by GC17 in the draft. ;D

Been doing the same DD :hihi

Tigerbob said:
Leysy is right, if Port don't get him we are a massive show....Port fans are saying that they have heard they are keen on Hurley now so it will be interesting. The same way we have heard we are keen on Hartlett. I don't think both can make it to us......?

No both can't...easy choice for me if they do. Though maybe not Leysy, he's a big Hartlett fan *wink*
which is a fair call, but I think Vickery really will be top rate and we much more need his type if both worked out.

As far as both making it/sliding...I doubt it. I think one will. Though I think Vickery or Hurley are the realistic ones to expect at 8, i think sidebottom is going to force his way in 4 - 7 and Ziebell will go a little behind our pick, leaving us with a nice offering. Question is which. Too many sides need a midfielder or would take one as as a "safe" pick.

Freo are another option, they just got burnt by Warnock.

No chance to be there at 8. None.

This is probably unlikely but who do we choose out of Hurley/Vickery/Hartlett if all are available??

Personally I would choose Hurley. Big strong KPP who can play back and forward are worth gold.

Smoking Aces said:
This is probably unlikely but who do we choose out of Hurley/Vickery/Hartlett if all are available??

Personally I would choose Hurley. Big strong KPP who can play back and forward are worth gold.

Vickery for me.

Smoking Aces said:

I would choose Vickery.

He can play ruck, play forward and be a top liner at both!

Looking into my crystal ball (which is broken :hihi) I see Vickery and Putt as the perfect one, two punch for our team.

Two 200cm players, good at ground level, great marks, high agility, great leaps......they do not grow on trees and the bonus to have two of them to rotate through from ruck to forward, my mind boggles at the possibilities, particularly since we are building a very good midfielder.

If Vickery is there and we select him, I will literally cry. Tears of joy will fall down my face.

In saying that we will get a good player in Hartlett, Hurley or Vickery. For me though, Vickery adds so much more to our structure and makes our game plan one hell of an adaptable and dangerous one.

Tigerbob said:
He can play ruck, play forward and be a top liner at both!

On the limited vision I have seen of Vickery he looks very good overhead and can dispose of the football well by foot.
He's also tall enough to be considered a genuine ruckman unlike Pattison who falls into nowhere land.

Monty to be taken by Port surely.

hows Vickerys upside in growth in skills as such.

Is he a Tippett type in that respect - if hes anything like Tippett then I say he is a must for 8 if still available.

I'm still dirty we didn't get ti[ppett a couple of years ago.

U2Tigers said:
hows Vickerys upside in growth in skills as such.

Is he a Tippett type in that respect - if hes anything like Tippett then I say he is a must for 8 if still available.

I'm still dirty we didn't get ti[ppett a couple of years ago.

Tippett? Adelaide's project Queenslander?

Vickery has more football skill ability than Tippet could dream of. Tippett was an athletic freak that was a basketballer/soccer goalkeeper and has to be taught the basics to get up to speed. Vickery's kicking is ten times better. Athletic wise, Tippett may have it over him, but only just.

Tyronne Vickery does not need to be a project, he has all the football acumen needed to play straight away.

The one i'm dirty on is not taking Mitch Clark instead of JON. He would be really handy right now....

Tigerbob said:
Tippett? Adelaide's project Queenslander?

Vickery has more football skill ability than Tippet could dream of. Tippett was an athletic freak that was a basketballer/soccer goalkeeper and has to be taught the basics to get up to speed. Vickery's kicking is ten times better. Athletic wise, Tippett may have it over him, but only just.

Tyronne Vickery does not need to be a project, he has all the football acumen needed to play straight away.

The one i'm dirty on is not taking Mitch Clark instead of JON. He would be really handy right now....

then Vickery seems the pick I hope we take if available.

Vickery before the mids, but it could be that if he goes at 4, Hartlett will slip to us which would just about be as good.

In the event we get a mid at 8 maybe Roughhead or maybe Mitch Brown at 26.

Does any one know anything about a ruck prospect called Macauley from Qld. He is 20 and has only been playing for two years following a background in b/ball?

Vickery was on the Morning Glory on SEN this morning, spoke very well, sounds like Port into him, He is a Richmond supporter too, if he gets to our pick we will snap him up within seconds.

hptiger said:
Vickery was on the Morning Glory on SEN this morning, spoke very well, sounds like Port into him, He is a Richmond supporter too, if he gets to our pick we will snap him up within seconds.
or worst comes to worst and he goes elsewhere we make him welcome in 2 years time ;)