could Vickery handle No2 Ruck job - year 1. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

could Vickery handle No2 Ruck job - year 1.

SCOOP said:
CARLTON- Hurley if there. If not another midfielder. Not going to take a ruck. Warnock/Cloke/Kreuzer/Hampson.
Why we didn't make a run at Hampson as a ruck is another question.

I have heard from a little birdie that Hampson may be a target of the GC. He is a Qld boy which adds more cred to this whisper.

Rule out Vickery..... :(

Heard he will be long gone before our pick.

Did not hear him on SEN but a mate said he spoke really well.

Absolutely shattered if my sources are on the money........which they generally are.

Rule out a fair few good players TB.

Sadly the Tigers just dont have the aggots to cut some or trade some for the betterment of the list going forward.

I would be stunned if they couldnt offload a Pattison, Schulz or Polo for 3rd round picks.

We paid one for thomson.

In a year when a deep cut to the list would benefit the Tigers couldnt nab another 3rd rounder ffs which likely wouldve added another quality kid or a young ruck prospect.

If Vickery is unavailable i dont want to wast our 2 prize picks on a ruck.

Genuine class mid and genuine Tall KPP.

Hartlett / Ziebell / Sidebottom/ Swift / Hurley/ Trengove/ - 2 of these 6 will do 1 tall 1 small ( yes i know its a pipedream) , with 58 on another tall be it ruck or KPP.

One more dud at least ideally 2 must surely be cut to open up some scope for the draft surely to god otherwise its worse than 05.

Disgraceful outcome if this does not happen.

Yeah not too happy with three picks in the draft, especially when the third is pick 58, but now that we do I see no point in losing another player for what pick 74? Maybe Pettifer but yeah pick 74?

I will never, ever understand the decision to get rid of Meyer before Pettifer, logic does not seem right, have no clue in the world why they would do that. Actually I am shattered to be honest.

In the case of not getting Vickery, not the clubs fault. Can't help winning too many games. ;D

Tigerbob said:
In the case of not getting Vickery, not the clubs fault. Can't help winning too many games. ;D

No wonder I like the way you see things TB, well said.

Gutted also to miss on Vickery as we surely will, I'm optimistic though we are still going to get a potential great player.

Here's hoping mate!

Smoking Aces said:
This is probably unlikely but who do we choose out of Hurley/Vickery/Hartlett if all are available??

i would have to go vickery as well,

be super if we can get him tho, fits us in everyway, super ruck/forward, athletic, dad works at the club and as someone mentioned today is a richmond supporter..what more can u want...

hopefully port is trying to throw everyone off like they usually do. and vickery falls to us

Tigerbob said:

Absolutely shattered if my sources are on the money........which they generally are.

Sounds like you think Port won't get him?

Tigerbob said:
The one i'm dirty on is not taking Mitch Clark instead of JON. He would be really handy right now....

There is probably half of the 2005 draft that would be handy right now compared to JON ;)

Hope I live to regret that comment ::)

Tigerbob said:

Yeah, I heard him chatting on SEN as well. Very relaxed with a good sense of humour.
They suggested Port were after him, of course he will be happy just to get picked by a side.
He reckons Chocco's a bit different, gets pretty intense and argy at the draft camp interviews.
He's been coming down to do training and rehab etc. for about 7 or 8 years, said it would be kind of strange having to do the proper fitness, weights work with the squad and his father as instructor.

Actually, Vickery's screening results were disappointing.
He seems to be lacking in a couple of really key areas.

Phantom said:
Do you think that this could put clubs off from drafting him early?

Also how much emphasis do clubs really put on the screening results? If for example they had seen a particular player during the year say in the TAC and liked what they saw but his screening tests completely condradicted his playing output. Would these screening tests put doubt in the minds of the recruiter regardless of what they saw during the year?

Phantom said:

All the better maybe he will slip to us. At this stage I really really really hope he slips.

Phantom said:

I agree. I think he is suspect in a lot of key areas. Clubs would be mad to take him before, say Pick 8. No recruiter would be that silly though. He's a tall and we all know you can get rucks later in the draft and in the rookie. With the wealth of running players and Key Position players in this draft, it wouldn't suprise me to see Vickery go in the second round.

Phantom said:
Definate ironclad dud then Phantom. If I recall correctly he also had an absolute shocker in the U18 champs.

Dyer Disciple said:
I agree. I think he is suspect in a lot of key areas. Clubs would be mad to take him before, say Pick 8. No recruiter would be that silly though. He's a tall and we all know you can get rucks later in the draft and in the rookie. With the wealth of running players and Key Position players in this draft, it wouldn't suprise me to see Vickery go in the second round.

Agree DD, I know we have needs to fill, but give me a garuanteed midfileder anyday over a bean pole who may or may not come on.

Dyer Disciple said:

There is no way Vickery is going 2nd round. Top 10 for sure. Hopefully 8.