Credit where credit's due to Francis Jackson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Credit where credit's due to Francis Jackson

Jackson deserves a huge chunk of credit for our Premiership. He's been much maligned, but that was his fruit on the ground.

Thank you Frank.

Tigertool said:
Jackson deserves a huge chunk of credit for our Premiership. He's been much maligned, but that was his fruit on the ground.

Thank you Frank.

It's an interesting debate, Butler, Castanga & Rioli gave Dimma the arsenal to execute the new gameplan. Some might say a little too late, particularly when you look at those playing ressies. I'll certainly cut FJ some slack with his legacy, I'm probably more inclined to revise my assessment of Blair, I think Prestia, Caddy & Nankervis were clutch players in pushing us from 5-8 to first. Townsend another inspired selection. I reckon looking back at Frank's ten years you'd say 2006-2009 were excellent, 2010-2014 average & 2015 a great note to go out on. Daniel Rioli was an inspirational pick and will in my eyes be his one act of genius, and I say that because very few recruiters & draft watchers had him as a legitimate first rounder.

bullus_hit said:
and I say that because very few recruiters & draft watchers had him as a legitimate first rounder.
*cough*

Still more FJ picks to force their way into the seniors as well ... C Ellis. C Menadue. FJ was very bullish on these two in particular.

RIEWOLDT & Edwards are our longest serving players and I'm so happy they've got this success.

FJ came on board shortly before draft jack & Shane and he's still there so a big part of this 2017 flag is due to his work.

tigerman said:
How will Francis be rated if the Tigers make and win a couple of finals, and the likes of Butler, Castagna, Short, Rioli and McIntosh play big parts?

Well we did a better than win a couple of finals, we went all the way. It's been a slow build, but our list is in good shape with Jack and Shed the oldest players at 28.
The premiership side is made up of 13 players recruited while Frank was head of recruiting, Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin, McIntosh, Cotchin, Martin, Butler, Riewoldt, Rioli, Ellis, Edwards and Castagna. Take a bow Frank, you've done very well.

tigerman said:
Well we did a better than win a couple of finals, we went all the way. It's been a slow build, but our list is in good shape with Jack and Shed the oldest players at 28.
The premiership side is made up of 13 players recruited while Frank was head of recruiting, Rance, Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin, McIntosh, Cotchin, Martin, Butler, Riewoldt, Rioli, Ellis, Edwards and Castagna. Take a bow Frank, you've done very well.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/how-richmond-built-a-premiership-team/news-story/a8de0130a5f60da2c2a0193c15f30a4a

Reactions: 1 user
And then there are the likes of Markov, Menadue and Short who could all be best 22 next season.

I saw Francis at the B&F and thanked him from the bottom of my heart.

All posts prior to September are interesting.

I think the lingering question of that year is by now answered - Francis gets a statue, AND a plaque.

I am deeply sorry, Frank, that I gave you up.

Yours should be a big statue.

• Love
All posts prior to September are interesting.

I think the lingering question of that year is by now answered - Francis gets a statue, AND a plaque.

I am deeply sorry, Frank, that I gave you up.

Yours should be a big statue.
Good on you Dyer'ere, it takes a big man.

I reckon along side Frank there should be a statue of Blair. What an incredible job he and the scouts have done.
Some great players/people have come to Richmond under Blair's reign - Nankervis, Prestia, Lynch, Caddy, Towner, Grigg, Houli, Maric.
And then there's Lambert, Broad, Baker, and Pickett, I don't know who gets the credit for them, I'm in awe.

Reactions: 4 users
Good on you Dyer'ere, it takes a big man.

I reckon along side Frank there should be a statue of Blair. What an incredible job he and the scouts have done.
Some great players/people have come to Richmond under Blair's reign - Nankervis, Prestia, Lynch, Caddy, Towner, Grigg, Houli, Maric.
And then there's Lambert, Broad, Baker, and Pickett, I don't know who gets the credit for them, I'm in awe.
I’m in agreement T-man.
whomsoever put the recruiting/ talent Identification team together deserves some very heartfelt acknowledgment. (3 premierships and counting) They seem to be able to work together seamlessly for one common goal (result). Not ego driven.

Reactions: 2 users
where is the giant FJ discussion thread? I'd like to give that a red hot going over :cool:

• Haha
Going by the hate mob on here who have no confidence in Jackson you'd think he would of been sacked for being so terrible, so irrelevant, so unwarranted, but it seems he is still there.

Haters will be haters no matter what you do.

Keep doing a fantastic job Francis.

Reactions: 2 users