Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

What a great win. Both in this Test and the series.

Our bowling attack was fantastic again. Cummins and Hazlewood had some spells that would knock over any batting lineup and Smith was well Smith.

All here will know the esteem Leysy has for Tim Paine. Rapt for himl. What a move bringing Labuchagne on.

He has now done what we haven't been able to to for near two decades - Captain the nation to bring home the Ashes. Even Ponting and Clarke couldn't.

From two years ago being about to retire and move to Melbourne to take up a role for Kookaburra to this.

You couldn't write the script. He's been such a key in rescuing us from the South Africa disaster. The country are united behind this team more than they have in many many years. The Kid has been key in the culture shift that has seen that occur.

And it's bloody well deserved for such a great leader and talented keeper/batsman. His legacy in Australian cricket history is now complete.

Reactions: 4 users
So, Mitch Marsh replaces Travis Head for the last test...yay.....
I actually thought you were joking. Is he batting 5? Or 6?

And if he fails does he hold his place for the next series?

They will not let him go. I can just see Shaun marsh making a return at some stage.

I actually thought you were joking. Is he batting 5? Or 6?

And if he fails does he hold his place for the next series?

They will not let him go. I can just see Shaun marsh making a return at some stage.
I imagine 6.

But yes, the selectors have a pathological desire to get him in wherever they can.

The party line is he’s needed to help out the 3 quicks who need assistance. Firstly, I thought the idea of rotating the 5 fast bowlers was to ease the burden on them. Now we need a 6th?

Secondly Marsh averages 44 with the ball in test cricket! 44! From his 31 tests he’s got 35 wickets. 1 a game. He also averages 8.5 overs an innings so I’m not sure how much he,ll relieve the quicks.

Feel a bit sorry for Head as whilst on form he deserves to be dropped Wade and Warner have underperformed more than he.

Oh well, at least Marsh is a right handed so there’s one less left handed bunny for Broad to feast on. Then again MM averages 25 in test cricket (19.9 if you remove the 181 outlier) so I doubt the Poms are too worried.

Yeh dumb decision and another awful drop by Paine. Done a superb job as captain but is a very poor keeper.

Apparently England have won 2 of the last 27 tests when the opposition have batted first and posted at least 250.

And now we have gifted them a huge advantage.

Yeh dumb decision and another awful drop by Paine. Done a superb job as captain but is a very poor keeper.
Virtually punched the ball out of Warners hands. Poor poor judgement to attempt the catch. Warner has taken more catches than he has runs was a minty to snaffle it.

Marsh and to a lesser extent Cummins have got the ball swinging, and have 2 wickets each, 5/179.

Footage of Steve Waugh having a snooze will go viral, i wonder if he was awake for Marsh's 3rd wicket.

Smith should get the glasses out...

AAH682W.img

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
England have made a lot of junk runs through the slip cordon. Been a very average batting display.