Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Brilliant from England to find a way to win that test. Run rate in both Englands innings and was the driver for turning the roadiest road into a test winning wicket.

Lots of credit needs to go to Stokes and McCullum for the style of attacking this game.

Harry Brook stiff not to get the player of the match

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Congrats to England, it’s great to see them playing test cricket the way it needs to be played.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well got to give them pats on the back, aggressive first day, aggressive declaration, came through with a W in Pakistan which many touring teams don't seem to get. Well done England :clap1

View attachment 17614

Jimmy Anderson taking late wickets, another four at nigh on 40 years of age, 17 years after his last Pakistan tour :clap1

View attachment 17615

Have to say, stunning effort by England to get a result and make it a win. Kudos.

DS

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Brilliant from England to find a way to win that test. Run rate in both Englands innings and was the driver for turning the roadiest road into a test winning wicket.

Lots of credit needs to go to Stokes and McCullum for the style of attacking this game.

Harry Brook stiff not to get the player of the match
England won 7 of 8 Tests under McCullum regime? :unsure:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
See through further indecision CA has *smile* up the Warner leadership request and he has pulled the pin. Rightly.

Seriously this weak pom heading up Cricket Australia makes Gil look like Alf Stewart.

Departures of Paine, Langer and now Warner he has *smile* up due to a complete inability to step up and lead.

That list is only the start.

Cancer.

And we wonder why cricket in Aus is dying..

As always the fish rots from the head.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
See through further indecision CA has *smile* up the Warner leadership request and he has pulled the pin. Rightly.

Seriously this weak pom heading up Cricket Australia makes Gil look like Alf Stewart.

Departures of Paine, Langer and now Warner he has *smile* up due to a complete inability to step up and lead.

That list is only the start.

Cancer.

And we wonder why cricket in Aus is dying..

As always the fish rots from the head.

Story here:

This is bizarre, both Warner and CA wanted the hearing to be private but it was going be public anyway? By whose decision? The panel? Why couldn't CA insist it be private?

Mind you I don't think Warner should be in a leadership position again but there's no doubt this is a *smile* up in the process just like the handling of Langer.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I can see why Warner wanted it to be private. 'Look Davey, you're a great batman, no question, but as far as leading the team goes, the problem is you're an areshole'.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
As Jim Maxwell said, I'm not sure what all this is going to achieve beyond Warner losing his spot in the Australian team.

He wants to be a leader in cricket teams again. i.e. Captain Sydney Thunder and be in the leadership group for Australia in white ball cricket.

Given anyone who can add 2+2 knows he took the fall for everyone else for CA (bar Smith and Bancroft) for Sandpaper gate, it is a very fair request.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
OLG, where do we start on this absolute debacle to add to the list of weak leadership by the single worst sports administrator to hold a senior position Leysy has ever seen.

So let's get this straight. Warner requested and was granted the ability to appeal his ban. As CEO Nick Fuckley was then responsible for managing the appeal. As he is a coward that hates making any decision that may come back to him he outsourced the decision to an appeals panel.

Then to LOL's from everyone else the outsourced appeals panel then said the appeal would not only be public but include Sandpapergate.

Remember Sandpapergate took a full 4 days to review and said review never ever seen the light of day. The way CA always wanted to keep it. Even Fuckley hasn't been able to answre if he has seen it.

Now from CA's own weak gutted CEO's inability to take responsibility his own outsourced team are wanting to blow wide open the whole saga in the public domain during an Australian Summer Bahaha!! (Remember Warner requested this 9+ months ago...more LOL's)

Warner is now rightly not wanting to put his family through such a public process and proceed. Doing Fuckley and Co another huge favour.

Not a fan of Gerard Whateley but cricket is actually his forte and he as quotes “It’s as poorly executed a judicial moment as I can think of in a major sport in this country”.

His unpacking of this is must listening here https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/NTETP1713393330?selected=NTETP6421268921

A good article also here https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cri...warner-leadership-affair-20221208-p5c4rx.html

This all only adds to the appalling list major issues he has mishandled. In order:

1. Tim Paine
2. Justin Langer
3. Now David Warner

All down to one person's (couldn't use the word man) inability to take control of a situation.

The sooner this Pom gets back to his world of Marketing, Sales and Sponsorship the better Australian Cricket will be.

Rant over.

Reactions: 5 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
He wants to be a leader in cricket teams again. i.e. Captain Sydney Thunder and be in the leadership group for Australia in white ball cricket.

Given anyone who can add 2+2 knows he took the fall for everyone else for CA (bar Smith and Bancroft) for Sandpaper gate, it is a very fair request.

Not talking about Warner's statement. I'm talking about Erskine accusing officials of being involved. Do you think thats going to get him back to a leadership position? I agree its been handled poorly.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Should never have put a Pom in charge of Australian cricket. Or any non-Australian. I don't even like seeing Vettori in the dugout.

Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Not talking about Warner's statement. I'm talking about Erskine accusing officials of being involved. Do you think thats going to get him back to a leadership position? I agree its been handled poorly.

Poorly?

Try disgracefully.

Just not as disgracefully as Paine or Langer.

Have one question - how widespread do you think the knowledge of ball tampering at Sandpapergate was?

Finally, Erskine made those comments after Warner pulled the pin on his appeal. So your point is moot around it impacting his leadership aspirations.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Should never have put a Pom in charge of Australian cricket. Or any non-Australian. I don't even like seeing Vettori in the dugout.
akin to that *smile* Robert *smile* Walls coaching us

i feel dirty mentioning the *smile* name

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users