Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Again very funny but absolutely agree.

In fact, I may even extend the controversy somewhat and suggest the 2020 premiership victory is perhaps the greatest in AFL/VFL history!
After 67, but only just. Always believed we would fix those bastards.

Reactions: 2 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Don't know if we do but I've known teams who have a designated person in the box whose job is to alert the coach when they are on camera.
He looks so calm in the box. I don't know how he does it. Maybe that would change if he got the gig for real.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
If we didn't know already what a legend Dimma is, it is being confirmed now seeing the team playing with more freedom and looking happier.

He knew his message was getting stale and his time was up, yet left a couple of million on the table in order to let the players and club move forward.

Very selfless and rare in the industry. A couple of good comparisons are Simpson trying to hang on and before that Buckley getting pushed out. Both good coaches.

But not in Dimma's league.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I am pleased Dimma made it to this game.

We all owe Dimma a debt of gratitude for leading us to the promised land but as a coach, he sure owed it to Cotch

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
On 3AW on way home Lloyd said that Dimma had said to him that he had wanted to leave before things turned sour. He wanted to finish with a great relationship with the club and vice versa. Obviously wants to remain a Richmond man.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
The question has to be asked...

... Did he have the handbrake on?

Short was a best and fairest in a premiership year as a backman.

Dusty a 3 time norm Smith Medallist Midfielder.

Cotchin a 3 time premiership captain Midfielder.

Playing them in their positions isn't rocket science.

Couple that with getting some players settled. Graham at half forward, Ross a string of games, Baker on ball/forward. And you get 3 wins in a row against quality opposition.

To his credit, and his infinite reflective capabilities, Hardwick knew he was struggling.

What a great decision to give someone else the chance.

Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Did he have the handbrake on?

If he did then he wouldn't have realised it was on. Couldn't work out why it wasn't moving the way it was and no matter how many types he hit the wipers, indicators and lights, it just couldn't get moving.

Mini has popped in and released the handbrake

Reactions: 3 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The question has to be asked...

... Did he have the handbrake on?

Short was a best and fairest in a premiership year as a backman.

Dusty a 3 time norm Smith Medallist Midfielder.

Cotchin a 3 time premiership captain Midfielder.

Playing them in their positions isn't rocket science.

Couple that with getting some players settled. Graham at half forward, Ross a string of games, Baker on ball/forward. And you get 3 wins in a row against quality opposition.

To his credit, and his infinite reflective capabilities, Hardwick knew he was struggling.

What a great decision to give someone else the chance.
Yep that and baker Into f50 and shai majority on ball is main change , we do appear to be getting a greater output from our best players than a month ago , so that goes a little beyond jest positional change

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Apart from knowing when is the right time to step away, as with any successful manager perhaps his greatest legacy will be seamlessness of transition. Empowering his assistants & his leaders appears to be paying off at least in the short term.

BTW Dimma’s going to be on Dylan Buckley’s Dyl & Friends podcast today. Should be a great listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users