Daniel Jackson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Jackson threads [Merged]

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Re: Daniel Jackson

rosy23 said:
On games played he finished around 10th in our b&f despite injury woes. Those who thought he'd do well in it this year would be far closer to the mark than the majority on here who didn't have him in their round 1 team, had him in their outs week after week, reckoned he'd struggle to get a game all year and said he should never play for us again.

I know you've been a staunch supporter of Jacko and more power to you, but I also think even Dan himself would have been bitterly disappointed with his 2012, a far cry from his B&F second placing and his other career highlights.

On top of that, his much maligned kicking and decision making (including his goal kicking) has reached levels not seen before throughout his 10 year career. His shutdown jobs on opposition play-makers has also been a highlight, culminating in a points decision over the Little Master.

With stars like early Brownlow favourite Cotch, AA Deledio, Coleman winning Riewoldt and the rampaging Bull Martin, very few people would have given Daniel Jackson even the slightest chance of taking home the Jack Dyer medal. If you did, then well done, I reckon you would have gotten 50-1 from the bookies at the start of the season.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003

On the crystal ball thread not a single response nominated Daniel Jackson for either the Jack Dyer Medal or The Most Improved Player. Even if he doesn't win the B&F in my mind he is clearly the most improved player on the list. Last year he made me choke when I watched him, now I am enjoying his contribution. I expect most players to improve year on year but happy to admit Jackson was not one of them leading into this year. Before round 1 I was of the view he served little purpose to the team other than a mature body and his good work off the field. A completely different beast now to the one I watched in 2012.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

And all we need is one sub-par game from Jacko this year for the ferals to line up with "I told you so"

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

I've been Anti-Jackson (football wise) all the way through but that was he's best game by a mile. Did the tough stuff through the middle and chipped in with 2 goals in a game which was very hard to score. Well done.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Tigers of Old said:
Could we pry GW$'s pick 1 for Jacko?

we would want a bit more i would think. i think they have a compo pick around pick 10. maybe for those two. maybe.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Baloo said:
He's always had lace out kicking. He was always licking to where his team mate should have been had they followed team instructions. Now that the rest of the team are playing to instruction, Jacko's passes are hitting them lace out.

It's good also that he's realised a team runner is not a Richmond player.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Brodders17 said:
we would want a bit more i would think. i think they have a compo pick around pick 10. maybe for those two. maybe.

Hater

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

GoodOne said:

Jacko is all inclusive and doesn't believe in treating people differently solely by the role they play at the club.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

GoodOne said:

The baggers are struggling these days.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

It's such a joy to see that a player improves his game and stops the stupid mistakes that have plagued him.

The mistakes that have been taken out are exactly what many pointed out. It's a privilege to be part of a such esteemed novices on here that can see the flaws and help others understand what needs to happen for players to become decent footballers.

The change is quite clear for all to see.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

SCOOP said:
It's a privilege to be part of a such esteemed novices on here that can see the flaws and help others understand what needs to happen for players to become decent footballers.

Like the one, with the initials SCOOP, who studied Jacko's performances closely enough last season to reckon he'd finish 20th in the B&F?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

rosy23 said:
Like the one, with the initials SCOOP, who studied Jacko's performances closely enough last season to reckon he'd finish 20th in the B&F?

If he didn't improve, that's what was going to happen. The improvement is exactly in the areas that many on here pointed out. That is beyond dispute.

You have some smart posters Rosy, you should be proud of the highly intelligent footballing community you have cultivated.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

SCOOP said:
You have some smart posters Rosy, you should be proud of the highly intelligent footballing community you have cultivated.

It's clear the less some know the more they pump their own tyres....a bit sad really but still it takes all types to make a community.

Now who was it who said Jacko needs to have a massively reduced role if we're to be any good in 2013? (Clue same initials as mentioned above) As Maxwell would say when he didn't have a clue..."Missed it by that much". :rofl

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

SCOOP said:
It's such a joy to see that a player improves his game and stops the stupid mistakes that have plagued him.

The mistakes that have been taken out are exactly what many pointed out. It's a privilege to be part of a such esteemed novices on here that can see the flaws and help others understand what needs to happen for players to become decent footballers.

Well said old chap. It's almost like Jacko's read the area's of improvement we'd pointed out then gone away to work on them.

A pat on the back & vote of confidence to us. :fing32

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

SCOOP said:

Jacko himself has been vocal of his own improvement. No surprise others are.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

Leysy Days said:
Well said old chap. It's almost like Jacko's read the area's of improvement we'd pointed out then gone away to work on them.

Oh Leysy, if only the whole world listened to us. It would be so much more of a better place.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Leysy Days said:

Indeed. He's a smart boy, that is beyond dispute. Saw the flaws that were listed and changed them.

It's great to see viewpoints validated through changes and improvement coming from those exact viewpoints listed before the improvement.

Keep up the great work old sport.