Daniel Jackson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Jackson threads [Merged]

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Re: Daniel Jackson

Leysy Days said:
Well said old chap. It's almost like Jacko's read the area's of improvement we'd pointed out then gone away to work on them.

As if...keep on pumpin' those tyres Leysy :hihi

Hardwick is a stickler for players knowing & then playing a set role. It very rarely deviates from week to week.

Jackson has trained & played as a forward all year with only small stints in the middle to relieve the No 1 midfield group.

Hardwick knows he has been usurped (sp?) by others for the all important role in there.....

There endeth the lesson.

getsmart.jpg

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005

Leysy Days said:
Well said old chap. It's almost like Jacko's read the area's of improvement we'd pointed out then gone away to work on them.
;D

Whereas Arnot hasn’t improved at all and has always played at his current level?

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

rosy23 said:
The baggers are struggling these days.

Natural no? Generally speaking, the amount of bagging would be inversely proportional to a player's performance.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

GoodOne said:
Generally speaking, the amount of bagging would be inversely proportional to a player's performance.

Generally speaking that may well be correct but it's not when it comes to certain posters and whipping boys on PRE.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

rosy23 said:
Generally speaking that may well be correct but it's not when it comes to certain posters and whipping boys on PRE.

You're entitled to your opinion Rosy. Most supporters I know, not just PRE, had real issues with Jackson's performances in the past. And there's only one way to answer, that is on the ground, and that he has.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

GoodOne said:
Natural no? Generally speaking, the amount of bagging would be inversely proportional to a player's performance.

Agree, Jackson shows that. Performance better, areas improved on that have been outlined, bagging much less.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009

GoodOne said:
You're entitled to your opinion Rosy. Most supporters I know, not just PRE, had real issues with Jackson's performances in the past. And there's only one way to answer, that is on the ground, and that he has.

I'm with Rosy on this one. Bagging Jacko on here is a sport. Most supporters I know appreciate what he brings to the team. On PRE however, there are a ton of sheep who like to follow those who only see what a TV screen shows them.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Baloo said:
Not all. Only those that needed to open their eyes...

Can't blame people for closing their eyes when Jacko's got the ball. :pullhair

As recently as the Adelaide game, there was a loud cheer from Richmond supporters after someone passed to Jackson in the pocket and was forced to go back and kick again from outside 50.

For several years now he's been passable half the time, below par sometimes and occasionally terrible. Only the most stubborn could fail to be impressed by the new improved Jacko.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

The coaches recognised Jacko's game again this week. Top score of 8 votes (equal with Chaplin). 0 for Ablett.

Tigersub

Tiger Superstar
Apr 22, 2012

Certainly divisive is our Jacko in terms of how supporters view him. I believe he is has won quite a few over with some great form and coming into his own. It's great to see. Roll on Jacko :clap

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

SCOOP said:
You have some smart posters Rosy, you should be proud of the highly intelligent footballing community you have cultivated.

Leysy Days said:

A pat on the back & vote of confidence to us. :fing32

Guys, the art of the successful troll is to add some elements of truth in there so you can fall back on that when questioned.

A post full of blatant fabrication, like yours, will be found out quick enough.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

c'mon peeps. enough sniping at each other.
we should all just revel in the fact that no.23 in the yellow and black is probably the best all-round (goal-kicking, clearance winning, hard tackling) mid in the game ATM.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Brodders17 said:
we should all just revel in the fact that no.23 in the yellow and black is probably the best all-round (goal-kicking, clearance winning, hard tackling) mid in the game ATM.

Agree....and be thankful for the fact that Leysy's "lesson" he tried to give me was way off the mark....but at least by his logic Dan would be third, only behind Lids and Dusty, in our b&f at this stage of the season. That's really good. :)

Tigion

Us Against The World
Nov 25, 2006
East Gippsland

Brodders17 said:

add to that he's probably won us us 3 to 4 games for us this year

Tigersub

Tiger Superstar
Apr 22, 2012

Jason King said:
Besides its not like gloating and "I told you so" are comparable to bagging a player now is it ... :hihi

Plenty of that going on of late...shame about that though.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012

Dare I point out that his career has had a startlingly similar trajectory to that of the reigning brownlow medallist?

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007

I do find it funny that some seem to think this year is indicative of his career.

Not sure I've seen a bigger improvement in a player over one pre-season.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Freezer said:
I do find it funny that some seem to think this year is indicative of his career.

Not sure I've seen a bigger improvement in a player over one pre-season.

Has had a great season no doubt but as you said you don't get to play as many games as Jacko has without being a good footballer.