Daniel Jackson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Jackson threads [Merged]

Re: Daniel Jackson

Perhaps I no longer have to recant my wish for Jacko to be eventually appointed Captain around the time Wayne Campbell retired.
It's somewhere in the archives, and I've been preying a poster doesn't find it and make a fool out of me.
But I need worry no more. My almost decade long faith in Jacko is being vindicated.
He'd be a fine captain - not that I've got a problem with the Great Cotchby.
But right now, the tough, bash and crash "follow me boys" Jacko would be #2 in line for the job. He'd be our Maxwell, our Cameron Ling, our Paul Kelly. Players who aren't the best talent wise, but are terrific leaders.

PS - 2 weeks ago when JR had a bad day kicking for goal I got fed up and yelled out "pass the bloody thing to Jacko".
Oh how things have changed !!

To me the dispute has always been that:
>Jackson lovers were happy with Jackson's pre 2013 form and rated him in the team.
>Detractors were not happy with his flaws and couldn't wait for an upgrade to push Jackson out.

Jackson in 2013 has improved his game and is certainly now in our best 22.

Everyone should now be happy!!

Jackson mentioned earlier that he played most of the 2011 and 2012 seasons under some sort of physical duress, a problem he no longer has. A completely fit Dan has improved significantly and that's got to be some of the reason. As his performances and his confidence in his body have progressed he has improved and he has become reliable now.

Tigers of Old said:
Could we pry GW$'s pick 1 for Jacko?
Might be a bit hard to shift him out ToOheys. Doubt Jacko would want to spend another few years playing for a spud side. Reckon he's earn't himself the chance to play some finals along with the rest of our long term players.

TigerMasochist said:
Might be a bit hard to shift him out ToOheys. Doubt Jacko would want to spend another few years playing for a spud side. Reckon he's earn't himself the chance to play some finals along with the rest of our long term players.

true, but if Buddy doesnt head there they will have $2mill to offer someone for the next 5 years. i reckon Jacko might be tempted for that amount.

Brodders17 said:
true, but if Buddy doesnt head there they will have $2mill to offer someone for the next 5 years. i reckon Jacko might be tempted for that amount.
Three year retirement fund for this years J.D. medallist n pick one to Tigerland for everyone's favourite dud. I'd be a bit worried Jacko might come back to bite us on the bum.

On SEN radio today, assistant coach Leppa said much of Jackson's form this year can be attributed to the work the player has put into developing and maintaining his composure. Leppa said that Jackson wasn't getting as fired-up before matches as he used to and that his new level of composure was assisting with his decision-making and focus, and also seeing him not get reported as often.

Bullarto Tiger said:
On SEN radio today, assistant coach Leppa said much of Jackson's form this year can be attributed to the work the player has put into developing and maintaining his composure. Leppa said that Jackson wasn't getting as fired-up before matches as he used to and that his new level of composure was assisting with his decision-making and focus, and also seeing him not get reported as often.

Allow me to get some popcorn before the opposing sides work this comment into their trolling of each other.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Going off Sheedy's checklist:

player in his prime - tick
top 5 b&f - tick
24-25yo - close enough
has five years left - if you'll pay him

Done deal.

NO we cant afford to let go of our 25 y olds especially when they are contributing to the team

mld said:
Allow me to get some popcorn before the opposing sides work this comment into their trolling of each other.

No opposing sides. Just those astute watchers who knew all along Jacko was integral part of the team worthy of his place in the team, and those that now agree with the astute watchers.

mld said:

No opposing sides. Just those astute watchers who knew all along the area's Jacko needed to improve to be a worthy member of the team, and those that now agree with those astute watchers.

This is superb by Leysy.

And to you Baloo, "Morning Ralph".

Jon Ralph sums it up pretty well.

Dan Jackson will never make history, but given there were calls for him to be dropped last year his rise has been meteoric.

The Herald Sun ran a headline early last year titled "Dan's Not The Man'' after a spate of turnovers, and it was entirely justified.

But every time Richmond has won a crunch match this year it has been Jackson chasing and tackling, and forcing turnovers and even delivering to teammates with some level of precision.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/daniel-jackson-nick-riewoldt-among-likely-afl-best-and-fairest-winners/story-fnelctok-1226680363532#

This thread is thoroughly entertaining, jokes of Jacko being traded, others taking it seriously, but especially the concept that Jacko could win the brownlow.

Reverse sniping at its best :bash

Bullarto Tiger said:

Ive heard he read PRE before games and reading all the hate made him angry. He still reads PRE but as the tone of this thread has slowly turned his form has improved.
Guess the haters are too blame for stopping Jacko being regarded as one of the greats. With enough love on here tho i think it is still possible.
So everyone: :love :love :love

Leysy Days said:
... Just those astute watchers who knew all along the area's Jacko needed to improve to be a worthy member of the team, and those that now agree with those astute watchers.

If it was up to astute watchers, even if that opinion is only in their own minds, we wouldn't have Jacko at Tigerland doing so well for our team this year. "No upside" = no idea rather than room for improvement.

Leysy Days said:
Using a limited player with no upside lefts ranking on the list as a barometer for the quality of our side makes perfect sense for leysy.

He needs to be pushed out by better players & it will be a very good day for us when that happens.

Dan has always been a handy player. He's had his positives and negatives. The bagging over the years has been way out of proportion and the supporters have provided evidence of that.

Anyway it's good to see one of our players get a bit of support and encouragement rather than be bagged as though he's solely responsible for our performances. Long may it continue.

images

He was, prior to this season in my mind, one of those classic 'we'll never win a flag with this bloke in the side' type players. Now I think, provided his 2013 form continues, he's become someone who could be a very important player in a tilt at the flag. He generally takes the opposition's playmaker and not only does he restrict them, he runs off them and kicks the occasional goal. Is this year his best so far for goals kicked?