Daniel Jackson threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daniel Jackson threads [Merged]

Re: Daniel Jackson

TigerMad said:
To me the dispute has always been that:
>Jackson lovers were happy with Jackson's pre 2013 form and rated him in the team.
>Detractors were not happy with his flaws and couldn't wait for an upgrade to push Jackson out.

Jackson in 2013 has improved his game and is certainly now in our best 22.

Everyone should now be happy!!

Yep it's a good thing to see a much maligned, and abused, player being supported. It's a shame when they are used as ammo. I've always been happy. :D

I never buy the "we'll never win a flag with this player" argument.

One example. Mitch Morton. Another - Martin Pike. Another - Shane Ellen.

Every premiership team has a bunch of journeyman players who are not world-beaters but are definitely great players in the team sense. Ok maybe not Mitch Morton but you get the idea :)

Like a number of our players, personally I have a little way to go before I am convinced about this rebirth of DJ.
We'll see how he goes against the stronger teams over the coming weeks.
Hopefully his praises are still being sung.

If you put the same lotto numbers on week after week ,year after year, eventually you will get a win & have something to boast about.

Uncle said:
If you put the same lotto numbers on week after week ,year after year, eventually you will get a win & have something to boast about.

Yep, the time honoured technique of the feral calling everyone a Dud and they should be Delisted knowing one day all players will cease to play.

Uncle said:
Actually, I don't believe your chances of winning are any better than selecting random numbers each week.

Baloo said:
Yep, the time honoured technique of the feral calling everyone a Dud and they should be Delisted knowing one day all players will cease to play.
Nice work Baloo I liked the part where you mention Dud & Delisted.

:clap

YinnarTiger said:
If you live to be 21304 years old.
Not sharing a quick pick you !

:eek:

Uncle said:

If only people didn't keep changing their numbers, they'd all be millionaires by now!

Uncle said:

I gonna ring up my grandma now and use her numbers. She hasn't won in 50 years, must be due.

Crikey, I do hope you lot haven't been throwing your tickets away just because you didn't get the main prize !

:happy

SCOOP said:
He is not leading the Jack Dyer right now.

No way.

Would be top three easy n most likely sitting numero uno at the moment. Jacko has been consistently good all season with the odd flash of brilliance thrown in just for fun. Thinking it's between Jacko Houli n Lids at this stage of the season, with honourables to Chappy n the Tross.

I think Jacko is currently sitting in third spot in the JD Medal.
Somewhere else on PRE, or maybe earlier in this thread, someone detailed the votes.
Can't remember who were in first and second place, so I guess my contribution here is close to worthless.

JD race would be fairly evenly placed imo and might surprise a few people.
I'd say Lids, Houli, Morris, Chaplin, Dusty and wacko Jacko (not in that order) will all be amongst the top 5 at this stage.
Everyone has a different opinion I'd have DJ 4th-5th.

TigerMasochist said:
Thinking it's between Jacko Houli n Lids at this stage of the season, with honourables to Chappy n the Tross.

Jukes Extended said:
I'd say Lids, Houli, Morris, Chaplin, Dusty and wacko Jacko (not in that order) will all be amongst the top 5 at this stage.

No room in either top 5 for our Highest possession winner, Highest contested possession winner (easily) and Highest clearance winner (easily).

Know he hasn't lived up to last year but the fact Chimp isnt in either top 5 shows he can be judged on different terms.

Will bolt in a top 3 finish. At minimum.

Leysy Days said:
No room in either top 5 for our Highest possession winner, Highest contested possession winner (easily) and Highest clearance winner (easily).

Know he hasn't lived up to last year but the fact Chimp isnt in either top 5 shows he can be judged on different terms.

Oops, my mistake Leysy...forgot about Cotch :-[
I'd have him in my top 5....probably top 3.

Leysy Days said:

Damn! I must have had the Cotchinator in sixth place. Yep he's judged differently to mere mortals, he's also paid n feted much more highly as well. Thinking his last two seasons have had him stepping up into the rarefied air of elite mid fielder category. To me he appears to have dropped back a smidgin, doesn't seem to have the hurt factor of recent years.
Perhaps it's just that his support cast stepped up to surround him more.

Leysy Days said:

Agree. Lids, Chimp and I think Dusty has had a very sneaky good year. He will be up there. Along with Houli and Chaplin.

I have Jackson coming in 6th or 7th.