DANIEL RIOLI | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DANIEL RIOLI

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
FitenFitenWin said:
When the ball's there to be got - hell yeah.

I have watched Dan a few times and he has the same ability to find the vall when it is near him. Yes he is a long way off the finished package but this kid is an excitement machine that has continued to improve throughout the year.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Dyer'ere said:
If word gets out that we're taking Daniel Smith with our first pick we can blame ToO.

I don't even know who Daniel Smith is, but whoever he is he can't be worth more than pick 47. So if we take him with 12 there will be questions to answer. Like who is he?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Many esteemed and knowledgeable posters have been calling Rioli the missing piece of our premiership puzzle

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Shogun said:
Daniel isn't Cyril.

These types of footballers don't need 30 possessions small forwards just need to pressure and create pressure when the ball hits the ground not make it easy for the ball to get out and attack from the backline. To effect the game Cyril could have 10 possessions and be best on ground!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Leysy Days said:
Fair summation Vlossy.

Leysy actually thinks his assets lend himself to half back and wouldn't be surprised if he spends time there, especially at VFL level early on.
OMG Leysy is Dimma in disguise! ;D

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
tigersnake said:
On the Daniel Smith thing, I get it. I understand the argument. But in what is viewed as an even, speculative draft, why shouldn't the Rioli name be a factor? Family culture and history are very real factors that shape who we all are, mind and body. Lets look at why this family has a good name:

3 X Norm Smith medals, 6 X Premierships, 2 X Simpson Medals, 7 X AA, 2 X B&F, 1 X SANFL B&F, 1 X BFYP (and 1 X CABFYP), 1 State Captain, and a Goal of the Year for good measure. And 2 X golden gloves state boxing titles, (and would have gone to the Olympics if not for footy)

The family is pretty well credentialed.

If you have the choice between Bill Smith jnr and Bill Gates jnr as your business adviser which one do you take?

Then there's the marketing angle....
Well said TS! :clap

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Inspector said:
These types of footballers don't need 30 possessions small forwards just need to pressure and create pressure when the ball hits the ground not make it easy for the ball to get out and attack from the backline. To effect the game Cyril could have 10 possessions and be best on ground!

That's right! :fing32

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Interesting combine results for Rioli. Seems to not only have speed but potentially more stamina than Cyril.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigersnake said:
I don't even know who Daniel Smith is, but whoever he is he can't be worth more than pick 47. So if we take him with 12 there will be questions to answer. Like who is he?

Pick 12. Daniel Smith from the Aspley Football Club, a highly attacking player who models himself on Robbie Muir and does his best work on the outside.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
bullus_hit said:

Pick 12. Daniel Smith from the Aspley Football Club, a highly attacking player who models himself on Robbie Muir and does his best work on the outside.

I knew this would happen! Why do we have to telegraph our pick every bloody time? HUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch at 12! How many fans is Daniel Smith gunna drag through the gates? None, thats who. VANILLA!

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigersnake said:
I knew this would happen! Why do we have to telegraph our pick every bloody time? HUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch at 12! How many fans is Daniel Smith gunna drag through the gates? None, thats who. VANILLA!

Daniel's greatest strength is dragging fans through the gate and into the carpark.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
bullus_hit said:
Daniel's greatest strength is dragging fans through the gate and into the carpark.

that's something I guess Bullus. And if he loses the blonde tips he'll be a bit less vanilla. I'm warming to smithy.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
tigersnake said:

Watch Carlton jump on him now with #11

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
bullus_hit said:

Collingwood regretting having given up their first rounder for Treloar now. 'Smiffy' is very much a prototypical Collingwood player.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
bullus_hit said:

A lot of good judges seem to think he'll play inside eventually, Bully. By 'judges' I mean magistrates too.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Dyer'ere said:
A lot of good judges seem to think he'll play inside eventually, Bully. By 'judges' I mean magistrates too.

Yes, his transition to the inside seems a logical progression but Smiffy's not one to bask in the limelight, he's a bit camera shy when it comes to showcasing his abilities.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Dyer'ere said:

Thought you were talking about Shane Yarran then and by inside and magistrates thought that would be prison

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-11-24/tigers-draft-approach

after watching this and reading between the lines it seems a foregone conclusion we're going for Daniel Smith. You can see him in the background as well eating a pie, and handing a small parcel to someone at 2.11. Bit of a stretch but oh well, welcome smithy!

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigersnake said:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-11-24/tigers-draft-approach

after watching this and reading between the lines it seems a foregone conclusion we're going for Daniel Smith. You can see him in the background as well eating a pie, and handing a small parcel to someone at 2.11. Bit of a stretch but oh well, welcome smithy!

This is a bit of a bombshell but Smiffy was once known as Sniffy, his Mum says it's because he cried a lot but his teammates say otherwise. Keep tuned in for any late developments.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
BrisTiger24 said:
Collingwood regretting having given up their first rounder for Treloar now. 'Smiffy' is very much a prototypical Collingwood player.

Damn... can't tell how many teeth he does/n't have!

Ah well, change those to black & white stripes and he will look a treat!