DANIEL RIOLI | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DANIEL RIOLI

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
its daniels 4th poor game in a row, hes got to go back to the vfl for a week or two, needs tp play 50% midfield time,needs to get 20 possessions and have a good run around the ground,his form slump is now too long for senior footy for a developing player.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
We can all see this and many on PRE have been calling for it for weeks now.
But is the club just so locked into the Dan Rioli "feel-good" story that they refuse to alter the script? It's different for the likes of Markov or even Bolton, it seems.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
turk-d-tiger said:
Will go to Hawks for their pick in the 30's

No chance he will be a top 25 player and wouldnt suprise me to see him taken even later

:hihi

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
wont see another indigenous kid at Tigerland for a while
No...apart from Rioli...oh and Stengle.....and Bolton.....

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Great story about the coach of St Pat's in today's Courier in Ballarat. A bit of Hardwick about him. I was at St Pat's when Howard Clark took over coaching the first XVIII and I would never have guessed he would be so successful, the school has come a long way. He was always a great teacher.

Grigg, Butler and Rioli were all coached by Howard Clark. All seem like decent characters. The regular rumours about Jacob Hopper would be a nice reunion for him, Butler and Rioli (same year I believe).

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5597956/modelling-humanity-clark-hopes-to-leave-football-legacy-of-respect-honesty-video/

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
TigerFlag2017 said:
Great story about the coach of St Pat's in today's Courier in Ballarat. A bit of Hardwick about him. I was at St Pat's when Howard Clark took over coaching the first XVIII and I would never have guessed he would be so successful, the school has come a long way. He was always a great teacher.

Grigg, Butler and Rioli were all coached by Howard Clark. All seem like decent characters. The regular rumours about Jacob Hopper would be a nice reunion for him, Butler and Rioli (same year I believe).

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5597956/modelling-humanity-clark-hopes-to-leave-football-legacy-of-respect-honesty-video/

Good read, thanks for posting the article.
He sounds like a terrific man and coach.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There's some good talent that way. Bordering St Pat's is Clarendon College which as thrown McLuggage, Berry and Tucker in recent drafts.

Liam Duggan's another recent St Pat's boy.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
TigerFlag2017 said:

Man - thanks for sharing - Great read and very motivational

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
TigerFlag2017 said:

I don't know what you've heard about Jacob Hopper but this kid will be an absolute bonafide gun once he gets continuity after a wretched run with injuries ( the GWS curse ) I've heard rumours about this for a while. Get excited people if this happens

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
There's some god talent that way. Bordering St Pat's is Clarendon College which as thrown McLuggage, Berry and Tucker in recent drafts.

Liam Duggan's another recent St Pat's boy.
Plus the Crouch brothers. Most teams have at least one st pats draftee

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I try and not get too excited about the rumour of Hopper, Always been a fan and the kid is a beast as well as being the exact type we are short on and need
If and its a massive If we can somehow manage to pull that off then i tell you there will be a massive melt from other clubs on how we can possibly get these 2 players through the door with the list we have

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
turk-d-tiger said:
I try and not get too excited about the rumour of Hopper, Always been a fan and the kid is a beast as well as being the exact type we are short on and need
If and its a massive If we can somehow manage to pull that off then i tell you there will be a massive melt from other clubs on how we can possibly get these 2 players through the door with the list we have

Hopper is contracted for 2019 so it would take a massive deal & trade to get him out of GWS

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
taztiger4 said:
Hopper is contracted for 2019 so it would take a massive deal & trade to get him out of GWS

Depends on their list structure. They also have Kelly, Sheil (Restricted free agent) and Coniglio (Restricted free agent) out of contract next year.

Might be open to trading Hopper this year to help sign Sheil and Coniglio early and strave off free agency.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
or we keep playing 2 years out ;)
this is the first year of negotiations and we trade in 2019.
gws trade otherwise they lose him as he is uncontracted.

Now we need to pick up another of his mates from st pats a la caddy ;D

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
taztiger4 said:
Who knows? Salary cap squeeze might force GeeWhizz to offload someone cheap. Snippet in today's Hun claiming someone's got a fat back ended contract that's going to cost GeeWhizz 1.4 mill next year.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Hopper would be a dream , Exactly what we need in the middle to improve clearances
Setterfield is another player i think would suit Richmond

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
turk-d-tiger said:
Hopper would be a dream , Exactly what we need in the middle to improve clearances

Lets get them both ;D

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:

Can't see it GWS letting him go, Brodie on the other hand...........

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
TigerMasochist said:
Who knows? Salary cap squeeze might force GeeWhizz to offload someone cheap. Snippet in today's Hun claiming someone's got a fat back ended contract that's going to cost GeeWhizz 1.4 mill next year.

Parrot was talking about this on MMM earlier today Says the cap squeeze occurs this year (new contracts from November) and is anywhere between $1m-$2m depending who you talk to. They might need to trade a few out. Shiel is getting linked with others but won't cover that gap. They will need to trade 2-3 players out this year. If we can get involved then great.