Danny Frawley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Danny Frawley

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Shocked & saddened by the news.
Loved him in the media and what he brought. Also loved the banter him and Dunstall had on the TV show Bounce. Disheartened that he had also just celebrated his birthday. (Saw on the "Bounce" show). One to have a laugh at himself and a character and half ! Thanks for the entertainment you offered. Loved "The Fist" award was funny. Will be missed. Truly shocked. :(

RIP Spud.
Thanks for getting to a PF too.

My condolences to all his family.

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
His passion for the game illustrated in his speech about Plugger will always be remembered. Tragic news,

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Sad day - a loss that will be felt by many. Heart felt condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. Who could forget the chicken poo incident - as coach Danny thought it was hilarious and understood the passion behind what would drive a Tiger fan to do it and didn’t condemn the action. Said so much about the man.
RIP.

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Holy moly what sad news, shattering day for the Frawley family especially but for the wider football community as well.

RIP Spud.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Thanks Spud. Did what so many others failed to do during one of the darkest periods of our Club history.
Condolences to the Frawley family.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Shocking news & sympathy to the Frawley family & friends !

Took us to a preliminary final & us Tiger fans will always be grateful for that

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Danny was coach when we started taking our young girls to the Tiger cubs..he was just great with the kids, talking to them directly and on their level. Always admired him as a very decent man. He was set up for failure at Richmond in those days, no money no staff, stuff all recruiting infrastructure...we were still a basket case. Danny bore the brunt of richmonds failure ..yet managed to get a C+ side to a prelim...he would have been very good in todays Richmond environment...becuase he was good. Rest in peace Danny Frawley

Reactions: 1 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I recall the hoo-hah of him being chaired off the ground after his last game which IIRC was at Whitten Oval.

We were listening to it on the radio car as we were traveling back down the hume.

When I got home I turned on telly and watched it on the news and couldn't believe how much he was crying then somehow I got abit emotional too, we all did as we watched it!!!

That was raw power of the man.

RIP Danny Frawley.

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Very sad news indeed. I always have the same reaction to these things. What happened? I know it was a vehicle crash, but how could this happen?
Apart from that, i will just try to be a bit nicer to everyone tomorrow in memory of Spud.

Reactions: 2 users

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
Such a sad loss and very unexpected. I remember the 2000 & 2001 teams very fondly and Danny was a big part of that.

Never like hearing 'single car accident' as it can often mean there is more to the tragedy. Be it suicide or the driver passing out due to a heart attack or another undiagnosed medical condition, the sudden nature of it always makes it hit you a bit harder. The only time i lost someone in my life to a lone car accident in the middle of the day, it was a friend in his early 20s commiting suicide after he and his misses had a fight. Afterwards we all learned of his battle with depression. I I do recal recently l Danny opening up publicaly about living with clincal depression, which is generally a strategy of dealing with a worsening condition. His happy demeanor along with his 'on-stage' persona of the clown cant help but remind me Robin Williams. All conjecture, but it would be a vicious blow to lose such a generous person to mental health - it would be unbearably tragic.

RIP Danny

Reactions: 5 users

QRtiger

Tiger Rookie
Dec 8, 2004
Thanks for coaching our beloved Tigers Danny, sympathy to the Frawley family & friends

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Such a sad loss and very unexpected. I remember the 2000 & 2001 teams very fondly and Danny was a big part of that.

Never like hearing 'single car accident' as it can often mean there is more to the tragedy. Be it suicide or the driver passing out due to a heart attack or another undiagnosed medical condition, the sudden nature of it always makes it hit you a bit harder. The only time i lost someone in my life to a lone car accident in the middle of the day, it was a friend in his early 20s commiting suicide after he and his misses had a fight. Afterwards we all learned of his battle with depression. I I do recal recently l Danny opening up publicaly about living with clincal depression, which is generally a strategy of dealing with a worsening condition. His happy demeanor along with his 'on-stage' persona of the clown cant help but remind me Robin Williams. All conjecture, but it would be a vicious blow to lose such a generous person to mental health - it would be unbearably tragic.

RIP Danny

You’ve probably put into words what many have been thinking or wondering.
Tragic no matter what.