David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Mr Brightside said:
H/S reporting his close to re signing

He'd be mad to resign, cc.

I like Jordan Roughead. He lacks talent but he's honest. If Dave finds a greener pasture maybe we can find a bad full back like Roughead.

Going to need Astbury to really stand up. Not sure he has the leadership qualities to muster the troops but maybe this might be his making. Not sure but prepared to give him the opportunity to be a more dominant sort of player in the backline. Looked all out of sorts against Collingwood. His game against Carlton wasn't that impressive either.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Going to need Astbury to really stand up. Not sure he has the leadership qualities to muster the troops but maybe this might be his making. Not sure but prepared to give him the opportunity to be a more dominant sort of player in the backline. Looked all out of sorts against Collingwood. His game against Carlton wasn't that impressive either.

That’s Astbury problem he just Stands up, he is so slow. He was waiting for Broad or Grimes to help in him coming into contests.
Are Brisbane still interested?

zippadeee said:
He is playing like Troy Chaplin in last year.

I would have twelve Chaplins before I had an Astbury. And the say I'm an Astbury fan, zips.

Played an important role in our premiership, but cracks are starting to appear ,

But it’s amazing how everyone looks better when the team collectively is playing better , and you could almost apply that to most players on the list right now , even dusty

kiwitiger said:
But it’s amazing how everyone looks better when the team collectively is playing better , and you could almost apply that to most players on the list right now , even dusty

Well said kiwi

One on one with pressure on the player kicking the ball is daves go . To be fair like many struggles to stop a leading player when there is no mid pressure
My biggest gripe with him is that he handicaps our ball movement transitioning out from the back because he is slow to move it on and his kicking lacks penetration and precision.... grigg like in his ability to kick up and unders

tha8ball said:
Astbury is a good player but it’s no secret he relies heavily on Rance peeling off his opponent to involve himself or impact on Astbury’s contest.
Yep, Dave is the one who will suffer the most from Rances absence, I won’t be shocked if Garthwaite goes past Dave by seasons end, similar types I think Garthwaite has a bit more toe.

Mr Brightside said:
Yep, Dave is the one who will suffer the most from Rances absence, I won’t be shocked if Garthwaite goes past Dave by seasons end, similar types I think Garthwaite has a bit more toe.
I fully expect it as long as Garthwaite can stay on the park.

Down The Line Dave tried to switch one into the middle last week, turned it over. That's the last we'll see of that.