David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

at 3QT of this game, the tiger army rose, the hairs on my body rose, the energy we created, I swear it felt like a shock wave bursting out of the Triple MCG outwards over Melbourne.... I .turrned to my nephew and said......we are going to win the flag.
I wasn't there, but I knew too. I knew it when Prestia slammed the goal through.

Well done Dave. He's been a strong leader behind the scenes since his early days.
Very underrated key back over the journey. I think Rance's adulation comes down a lot to Dave's ability to hold up his end. A genuine backline linchpin. Without him many of our other defenders would have had to play different roles.

Reactions: 4 users
at 3QT of this game, the tiger army rose, the hairs on my body rose, the energy we created, I swear it felt like a shock wave bursting out of the Triple MCG outwards over Melbourne.... I .turrned to my nephew and said......we are going to win the flag.

The noise at 3QT was immense. The soundwave penetrated your body. Whilst most were sceptical, I think everyone knew at that time that something was different about this group and collectively people seemed to know (even if they didn't let themselves beloeve) that something special was going to occur.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Well done Dave. He's been a strong leader behind the scenes since his early days.
Very underrated key back over the journey. I think Rance's adulation comes down a lot to Dave's ability to hold up his end. A genuine backline linchpin. Without him many of our other defenders would have had to play different roles.

Agree. He was the unsung hero of that backline. Headlines would go to Rance, Grimes, Houli and Vlastuin at times, but the key to all of them was Dave. Very underrated player in the general AFL community I would think.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully he goes out in a strong game on Saturday. Wouldn't it be nice if they gave him a run up forward in the last quarter so he could kick a snag or two

Just watched his speech to the group.

What a *smile* champion bloke.
Good grief. I just watched it. I've never seen and heard a better farewell speech. Highly emotional. Just so well spoken. Had tears welling up.

Strongly encourage everyone to watch it. This is what Richmond is about and who we all are.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Underrated and absolute champion person. Richmond FC does not have the success without someone like Dave. Also one of the best and safest marks we've had. Thanks champ!

Solid dependable backman, a Richmond man and a classy exit.
All the best for the future Dave you deserve it.

Reactions: 6 users
Gee you listen to him and what he says in the article on RFC website. And people out there think our club and players are arrogant...

Reactions: 12 users
In all those pre-season training camp videos they used to post he was always an outstanding and level headed leader. Outstanding individual and an underrated but key plank to our success.

Reactions: 5 users