David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
Glad he stuck it up the media for twisting the Rance retirement!

Reactions: 10 users

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Geez, that was a really eloquent and thoughtful speech. The best I've ever seen. Incredibly inspiring for the entire organisation and by the way perhaps a credit to it. Gutsy and smart.

Reactions: 10 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Thank you Dave you are Great Richmond Man

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Great speech. Phenomenal insight. That strength of character is what I’ll remember about the three flags.

Dave Astbury is at the forefront of that trait. Richmond man. Forever.

Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
And Broady how could you forget Broadys Pics :))
Yeah I’m still pissed off that he didn’t show the 2019 and 2020 photos.
Call me vindictive :p but Broady went from best off ground premiership player to 2 x dud delist premiership player.
Selfish, selfish, selfish.

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Eloquent, honest, heartfelt....that speech stirred up every emotion that makes me love the Richmond Football Club. Well played David Astbury, 3 time premiership hero and the epitome of a Richmond Man

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah I’m still pissed off that he didn’t show the 2019 and 2020 photos.
Call me vindictive :p but Broady went from best off ground premiership player to 2 x dud delist premiership player.
Selfish, selfish, selfish.
3 x

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Well done Davo. Kept that great number 12 proud since Richo passed it to him. Never thought he'd speak with a lot of emotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Thanks for the memories Dave.
May the next chapter in your life bring as much joy and happiness as you contributed to ours.
Well played. Well spoken. You leave your legacy to the next would be Richmond Men

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Thanks for the memories Dave.
May the next chapter in your life bring as much joy and happiness as you contributed to ours.
Well played. Well spoken. You leave your legacy to the next would be Richmond Men
Agree Willo. He cleared the *smile* about Rancey and the players not getting on, and interesting comparison between the Chicago Cubs rise to success after so many years in the wilderness just like us from 2016.

Reactions: 2 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Great speech. Love Dave, been a pillar of our success and will be missed.. I feel bad I wanted him traded before the golden run. I was the mayor of wrongtown.

Reactions: 1 users