Dayle Garlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dayle Garlett

ozserpico66

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Bulleen
Given we've brought in Mark Williams partly in a mentoring capacity wouldn't it make sense to give him a real challenge in his first year, i.e Dayle Garlett.

Choco must have a ton of experience with Indigenous kids

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
I think he's got enough on his hands with Dusty, don't want to overburden him! Garlett spells trouble and we should stay well away IMO.

Posting pictures of yourself fried on instagram is the calling card of an absolute silly.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
A kid with supposedly a ton of talent doesn't get drafted because clubs know of his off field issues.

I don't know what these issues are, but they must be pretty damn serious.

I seriously doubt anyone will take the chance in either the PSD or rookie drafts.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Streak said:
I seriously doubt anyone will take the chance in either the PSD or rookie drafts.

I have a feeling that this might be the case even if the rookie list is 'low' risk.
Clearly talent isn't the issue here. He'd have been drafted for sure if the baggage didn't come with it.
Still some club might throw caution into the wind.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Can we have a heading called mindless musings or something? Cos this ain't no rumour.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Reported today Essendon will look to take him in the PSD now that Prismall has been shunted off to POrt.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Doubt Essendon will take him in the PSD, I reckon they will make him work for it as a rookie.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Tigertool said:
Doubt Essendon will take him in the PSD, I reckon they will make him work for it as a rookie.

Not what I've heard, I think they'll take him in the PSD.

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
If we didn't have some issues already with Dustin.

If we didn't have a poor track record with troubled youth.

If if if as talented as he is reported to be I hate to say it but I don't think we would be the right club for him.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
brigadiertiger said:
If we didn't have some issues already with Dustin.

If we didn't have a poor track record with troubled youth.

If if if as talented as he is reported to be I hate to say it but I don't think we would be the right club for him.

Because he has issues or he is talented? ;D

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe Garlett will hook up with Hurley and get him back out and playing up :hihi.

Actually im not gonna shoot my mouth off about Garlett he might pull his head in and spend the next 10 years tearing us a new one whilst wearing an Essendon Guernsey which is a most nauseating thought.

Maybe we should pinch him and keep our recent record of taking blokes Essendon want if the Helbig, and McBean rumors are true.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
craig said:
Maybe we should pinch him and keep our recent record of taking blokes Essendon want if the Helbig, and McBean rumors are true.

Would love to steal him from under their grubby noses, very possible given we've got the PSD pick before them.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
bullus_hit said:
Would love to steal him from under their grubby noses, very possible given we've got the PSD pick before them.
Sounds like a great idea, if only you could be certain of stealing a sack of diamonds and not a canister of toxic waste.
Bookies odds would not be good.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If we do have a pick in the preseason I would defiantly pick Garlett, he might end up being that X factor player we have been looking for.